TAG AND SOS

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Again, why do we hate Roman and the Sheikhs? They plough personal fortunes into their clubs, our billionaire is just increasing his own wealth through us.

Those teams lucked out, no matter what the cause. How did we feel when Drogba tucked that penalty away compared to the chavs? The absolute pits compared to their utter and ultimate elation. We hate Terry with a passion yet he can wave a wheel-barrow of medals and cash in our faces. Would City fans ever swap the last gasp Aguero goal snatching the title from United after watching them dominate for over 20 years while they toiled?

Fuck off would they, I still get goosebumps watching Lennon tap it in the net for 4-4 and what did that point mean in a season we finished 8th and those cunts were top 4 as usual!?

After 1987 (and even that year they did a cup and we fucked up in the final), there have been very few times I've felt we were better than them (in footballing terms). The one time we finished above them and when Harry was in charge and yet we STILL didn't finish above them so ultimately we weren't.

If it came to it, I could accept if we sell my/our soul; win the Champions League before they do........whatever the price yes please! They'd be absolutely gutted and sick about it forever.

1. I want us to do things the right way. Not by buying up the league title in the way Chelsea and City have done. For me, any success we achieve with the club run in a way that is at least relatively fair in terms of our competitors, is worth more than titles and superstar players that are bought. Our fifth place finish last year means more to me than all the chavs' recent trophies. I don't care much if Chelsea win the league or not because I see it as tainted. The Drogba pen was horrible but only because it affected us. I hate it when Woolwich do well because they are run in the correct sort of way.
2. Football is not just about winning, it's about identity and community. There would be loads more jcl's, ticket prices would go through the roof. Those moments like the Lennon equaliser would feel less special because you'd be sharing them, in part, with a load of wankers who wouldn't be there if we weren't successful.
3. Lots of Chelsea's old school freely say that now they've won the trophies they'd freely go back to the days when they were in the second division if they could, when it meant more.
4. Everything is relative to your expectations. For us winning the league cup probably gives the same amount of euphoria if not more, than City fans feel when they win the league.

Be careful what you wish for! If it happened I wouldn't walk away from the club, like I would have done over Stratford. I'd try my best to enjoy the success. But I'd rather we were in the Championship in front of a crowd of proper yids than in the CL final under Abramovich being cheered on by a load of mugs who don't understand what it means to be Tottenham.

From a completely selfish point of view, “borrowing” monumental sums of money from these “business men” for short turn gain is a temperamental game to say the least.
Yes. There is the question of what happens to Chelsea/City when these people get bored, that is often not considered when people say they want this kind of person to buy up Spurs.

No one is saying we should compare ourselves to Madrid or Barcelona. Some of us are just not happy with the direction we're heading and the decisions being made by the club.Stub hub, the German tour fiasco, One striker, CL ticket prices, no net investment in the team. The list is endless. And all on the back of record breaking profits. And don't forget, it costs more to watch Spurs play than the 3 clubs you mention. Surely you can see why some fans have a different take on things than you.
If it didn't cost more, we wouldn't be able to get nowhere near the top 4, let alone 5th. Our wage bill is higher than clubs bigger than us in capacity like Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa. Moaning about CL prices, yet moaning about not being in it. Record breaking profits that are going where exactly, straight into the pockets of the owners or on facilities, land, stadia, player travel/accomodation, professional legal costs - about £25m so far without a brick being laid.
Now if you don't want a new stadium & want low ticket prices forget about even thinking of CL. It ain't going to happen.
If you are not happy with the direction the club is going please tell me when you were the most satisfied with the direction of the club?
England are using our facilities now, that would not have been even thinkable 6 years ago.
We have never been this consistent in the league. The only time we have been top 4 side consistently was in the early 60's. The last 6 years have been our most consistent since then, and arguably in a much harder climate with a smaller capacity.
We couldn't even manage to win the league or finish consistently in the top 4 pre PL and Man City and Chavs.
We squeezed top 4 by beating a Man City that were in the first year of the Sheik and not yet entrenched.
Who lost out really, Liverpool.
We then got 5th, Liverpool 6th.
We then got 4th at the expense of Chavs, who lets face it didn't do themselves any favours. Even Newcastle were above them.
So, we base our right to be top 4 on 2 favourable seasons.
Stub Hub is bollocks yes. We, like Everton - both clubs who championed the big 5 and PL - now feel we need the extra revenue that is brought by advertising these crooks. Whereas Poo and Arsehole don't and have their own ticket exchanges.
Still, tickets for Arsehole and Poo games still make it on to Stub Hub.
Something has to be done whereas any ticket for a PL game that is exchanged on a secondary site cannot sell for more than face Value. Let secondary ticket exchanges make a charge for using their service, but make it illegal to sell a ticket more than it's face value.
If not, then we should be petitioning the Government to ban secondary ticket sellers.
Law:
Resale of football tickets is illegal under section 166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994.

This Act stipulates that it is an offence for an unauthorised person to sell a ticket for a designated football match or otherwise dispose of such a ticket to another person.

However, touts began to find ways around this legislation, for example, by selling other types of merchandise at an inflated price with the inclusion of a ‘free’ match ticket.

Consequently, this Act has been amended by section 53 of the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006. This imposes the following restrictions in relation to the resale of football tickets:

• newspapers cannot carry advertising for ticket touts;
  • touts are prevented from claiming that a match ticket comes ‘free’ with another product;
  • section 166 will apply to people offering tickets with a wider/hospitality package and people who provide tickets to touts.
If someone is convicted of ticket touting at football matches under UK law, they may be liable to a fine of up to £5,000 and have a football banning order imposed upon them.

Why are STE's legal? is it because of where the company is registered/ is authorised by the Government and PL or, as Boris says, is it market forces? However, EBay Google etc have ministers in their pockets, as we have seen with Uber.
We have to finish the contract with Stubhub. Yet it will not stop any football ticket being sold for more than, or 10x its face value on a STE.
Surely the PL - and any other league - can apply some legislation to not allow it's member clubs tickets to be exchanged anywhere for more than face value.

Pretty content with ENIC at the moment.

Think I will just await the new ground then see how we progress. Can't see us doing much in the league until then. Challenge for a cup again would be nice though.

Not having a back up striker is straight up shit though from all involved at the club. Poch, scouts, Levy etc. It was obvious from the first time we bid that Berahino was a no go from the WBA guys reaction to it.

Should have looked elsewhere, even if it was perceived a more budget signing.

All in all though I am pretty pleased.

"This opinion may drastically change if we lose to Sunderland an I go on a next level melt"

As a side note, I do believe that what we think and do as fans does matter, and does/can affect chairmen and managers and what they choose to do, including staying at the club.

In the 90s my dad happened to meet Alan Sugar at a work event. My dad introduced himself saying "I'm a Tottenham seaon-ticket holder". Sugar's reply was "not another one".

These people may be businessmen but they are also human beings. Like any player they want to be loved or at least respected by the fans. I don't like Levy for reasons I have described many times here, and I know his main concern is "the bottom line" but I would be surprised if he doesn't want to also feel he has improved the club. The fans have power and the ability to affect things. The question is whether we want to be free of Levy.

I'd be interested to compare net spend under Levy and Sugar, if anyone has the figures?

Yes. There is the question of what happens to Chelsea/City when these people get bored, that is often not considered when people say they want this kind of person to buy up Spurs.

Or what happens if the unrest in the middle east reaches the UAE.

Or if the US decide to use a human rights / terrorist financing angle to have a crack at them as their dependence on Middle East oil increases.

Or what happens when Abramovich's past catches up with him and his mates run out of radioactive Polonium to put in peoples tea.

These are just examples i've plucked from the air but there's a whole host of reasons to think that their money and power isn't going to be sustainable long term when they operate in such turbulent and unpredictable environments.

Last edited:
In the 1997 season we had Mabbutt, Carr, Anderton, Ferdinand, Ginola, Campbell and Klinsmann - and finished 14th. The following season a young Ledley King joined the squal along with title winning captain Tim Sherwood - we finished 11th.

My god those were terrible times when you consider it. Under ENIC we've improved nearly every aspect of the club - particularly in terms of facilities (real and upcoming) and finances. Yeah, Levy is very much now in 'sale' mode but ever since Jol we've at least met expectations based on our squad rather than underperforming in such ridiculous terms. Yeah, I'd love for us to make that next step forward - particularly after the on-field regression post-Redknapp, but we are at least well positioned to do so.

Levy completely fucked up the Bale money, and that's his fault trusting Baldini when he should have phoned me and asked nicely. He's probably messed up this window too, but time will tell if that's actually the case. I still don't see how Levy / ENIC deserves the hate it's getting.

I'd be interested to compare net spend under Levy and Sugar, if anyone has the figures?
Probably higher under Sugar. Even though other revenue streams and other income sources have increased a hundred fold since then.
There`s no getting away from it, ENIC showed up on the scene at just the right time.
The right time for them, not us.

I would happily March again, I'm old but not that old but it takes a ground swell of young active supporters to make this work. Unfortunately the average young Spurs supporter is more worried about how many points Giroud got in his fantasy team and who he can sign on FIFA online.

There is THAT Facebook group with anti-Levy stuff in the works; but it needs a clear leader to organise something, lots of smart Spurs fans that have plenty of good ideas, but they end as just that, ideas.

Marathon+Man+2.jpg

where are we supporting THFC...pain or comfort?

Well we're 12 pages in and still haven't found this benevolent billionaire willing to plow millions of his own cash in to the club to take us to the 'next level'.

As a quick question to those who want Levy/Enic out, what if the next guy saddles us with loads of debt while proving equally useless with managerial appointments / in the transfer market?

Spursinho Spursinho grow up you annoying cunt. Learn something about the team and stop posting 2 year old pictures of the stadium - like you give a fuck. Cunts like you have poisoned this site - sadly so many of the new members know even less than you, so you are lionised. It's pretty fucked cunt. The only good thing is that I'm not going to bump into any of you wankers near the ground - which is in North London.

Spursinho Spursinho grow up you annoying cunt. Learn something about the team and stop posting 2 year old pictures of the stadium - like you give a fuck. Cunts like you have poisoned this site - sadly so many of the new members know even less than you, so you are lionised. It's pretty fucked cunt. The only good thing is that I'm not going to bump into any of you wankers near the ground - which is in North London.
Full breakdown tonight then Joe? Do you not wake-up in the morning and feel embarrassed about your behaviour? Or are you all out of embarrassment? I am not lionised by anyone, its you that think this place is a popularity contest and continually go on about how many likes you have. Do you seriously not realise how pathetic you are?

Full breakdown tonight then Joe? Do you not wake-up in the morning and feel embarrassed about your behaviour? Or are you all out of embarrassment? I am not lionised by anyone, its you that think this place is a popularity contest and continually go on about how many likes you have. Do you seriously not realise how pathetic you are?
Hi Spink you wanna play? Jo's round the back. Linda wants to know you been before @ if ur going again? Can we meet up! You sound lush.. we will do a job on you we don't only like Tottenham supports. Have u got a big cock! Xxx

Hi Spink you wanna play? Jo's round the back. Linda wants to know you been before @ if ur going again? Can we meet up! You sound lush.. we will do a job on you we don't only like Tottenham supports. Have u got a big cock! Xxx
Oh dear. Is Joe pretending to be a woman again, or is this an actual woman? I think probably its a woman because for all Joe's faults he can spell.
Love, it is never too late to get off the smack. Your mother still loves you. Have a wash, sober up, go back and tell her you will change. Nothing is worse than the life you are living now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom