Take the money or keep Bale?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We had to take the money we would have been stupid not to. His head was turned and he wanted to go. Could have spent the money better but i think we all in hind sight see that

I for one am pleased to see him doing so well in spain. Shows what a class act he really was

Bale is a lying shitbag, trying to come over as the innocent boy next door.

But in hindsight we should have told Real to fuck off, and spent the whole of last summer trying to find a new manager.

It was Real Madrid and a world record fee. No other club in this country could have kept the player. We need to stop talking about it, it's boring.

Bale is a lying shitbag, trying to come over as the innocent boy next door.

But in hindsight we should have told Real to fuck off, and spent the whole of last summer trying to find a new manager.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Imagine if we had bought Wilfred Bony, Lukaku, Luke Shaw, Lallana (would have been affordable then) Eriksen, Chriches (which we did). Team below would be pretty sweet IMO.

----------------Loris------------------
Walker---Kaboul----Verts----Shaw
Lamela--Lallana--Sandro--Eriksen
---------Lukaku---Bony--------------

Hi Banjo Bill, it hasn't gone off topic. The disgraceful treatment Bale got from all and sundry, including from your fans, yes your lot indulged in the 'chimp' stuff too, please don't deny it, was a key reason why he wanted to go, and why we had to sell him.

I'll never forget the dog's abuse (to switch metaphor :) Bale got from the Scotland fans, for what, because he was/is a great player. Was Bobby Charlton or George Best ever treated like that. I had to turn the TV off, it was upsetting me that much.

Instead of welcoming our greatest talent, Britain became a place of hate for Bale. Ridiculous.

I think its interesting.

We got a record points haul last season, and many pointed to Bale as the reason why. With his MOTM performances, winning goals etc I can see why.

This season we have no Bale, sacked off our manager and replaced him with a Rookie, and very few people are even complimentary about our buys. 2 have barely even featured. And yet we are on course to match that record points haul.

I cant help thinking that next season, with a proper manager, having had a season to settle in, that these players will suddenly be seen as superb business and go on to become the back bone of an excellent side.

I think its interesting.

We got a record points haul last season, and many pointed to Bale as the reason why. With his MOTM performances, winning goals etc I can see why.

This season we have no Bale, sacked off our manager and replaced him with a Rookie, and very few people are even complimentary about our buys. 2 have barely even featured. And yet we are on course to match that record points haul.

I cant help thinking that next season, with a proper manager, having had a season to settle in, that these players will suddenly be seen as superb business and go on to become the back bone of an excellent side.

I like your thinking.. postive comments are seemingly rare! COYS! bring on next season

The players were signed for a reason. Eriksen has been good to very good, Chiriches, Paulinho and Soldado have shown it in flashes (of various lengths), Chadli has been ok, Lamela and Capoue have missed most of the seasons. All internationals. Huge amount of players take their time to bed in.

Add that to Rose and Townsend who were out on loan and Kaboul, out for 99% of AVB's tenure, that's 10 players to bed in. Was never going to be easy.

Agree with Lister Lister , they'll look better next season. I'd hope we'd keep the ins and outs to a minimum in the summer. Obviously a left-back is a priority, perhaps a reserve keeper and a centre back as well.

Back
Top Bottom