The £5bn Question

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Suggesting that we shouldn't have joined the Super League (and that Lewis didn't know) is crackers. But we can all enjoy Newcastle's rise, I guess.

Suggesting that we shouldn't have joined the Super League (and that Lewis didn't know) is crackers. But we can all enjoy Newcastle's rise, I guess.

If it was happening and we were offered a spot - as a club - we had little real choice but to accept.... Particularly given the debt we'd just taken on and the investments we'd just made.

As a fan I wouldn't have voted for a super league though... Especially in the format that was proposed.

If it was happening and we were offered a spot - as a club - we had little real choice but to accept.... Particularly given the debt we'd just taken on and the investments we'd just made.

As a fan I wouldn't have voted for a super league though... Especially in the format that was proposed.
I'm all for a Super League, full on breakaway from the domestic competitions and everything.

I just don't want us in it...

Fine but the shareholders wouldn't agree. It would also make the debt unsustainable.
Wouldn't matter if we aren't invited would it?

Very possible that the next time it rears it's head we will have been replaced by Newcastle as the club to make up the numbers.

Wouldn't matter if we aren't invited would it?

Very possible that the next time it rears it's head we will have been replaced by Newcastle as the club to make up the numbers.
But this piece says we were wrong to go for it and the shareholders would have been against?

Back
Top Bottom