The Bane of Your Life vs Newcastle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

By losing a cup final. Give Poch at least 2 seasons to sort out Baldini's rabble of a squad

if you think Baldini is soley responsible for this squad you are an idiot

do you honestly think Levy handed Baldini 100 mil and said go have some fun Franco lol

bALDINI IS TAKING ALOT OF FLACK NOW BUT THIS MESS HAS BEEN ORCHASTRATED BY LEVY

I'd love to win lotto but it doesn't make it a reachable goal. We are stuck with his incompetance. We could easily replace Baldini with Pochettino's former colleague Cortese

would it change a fucking thing if Levy doesn't sign off on any of the players they want or plays silly buggers during negotiations?

anyway mate I'm off been on here way to long already and I'm fuckin starving lol

Poch will need time, and has to stay otherwise the season is a right off. I think this January window will be critical as he needs to bring in some experienced quality. I think we should go for guys like Gokhan Inler and Ron Vlaar, two proven leaders that will help Poch get the best out of guys like Ericksen, Lamela and Chadli and organize the team properly unlike the second half against Newcastle.

what we need is one decent player in the middle with balls of steel,a boss if you like. To catch these fucking mugs we call a team by the scruff of the neck,and tell them to play for this club with some fucking heart and pride or go fuck off somewhere else. we look like QPR at the minute.a bunch of money grabbing slags.

what we need is one decent player in the middle with balls of steel,a boss if you like. To catch these fucking mugs we call a team by the scruff of the neck,and tell them to play for this club with some fucking heart and pride or go fuck off somewhere else. we look like QPR at the minute.a bunch of money grabbing slags.
Welcome back Gibbsy

That's a question of attitude, morale and on the pitch leadership. Not skill. Erik Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli, Vertonghen - they are all very technically gifted players. If that only shows (bar Eriksen and Vertonghen) against lesser sides - that doesn't mean they lack the skill - it means they lack the confidence, grit or heart.

You are either "technically great" or you are not.
seriously?
I would have said technically inept.......
He's Dempsey mark 2

Attitude, passion, heart, call it what you like. I call it BOTTLE of which there is a distinct lack of. If the pitch yesterday was like a bog how many would have their shirts covered in mud, blood & sweat at the end of the game? NONE IMO. Disallusioned Spurs fan yet again.

Just thInking, I can't imagine Poch telling the players off , getting mad. Getting in their faces, kicking boots and throwing tea cups etc...
Where do players get their mojo if they are unable to motivate themselves.
They struggle and underperform. Im not suggesting it's Pochs fault they dont turn up, just thinking out loud. All successful mangers need to instill a little fear into the Players and they always have a deputy on the pitch who is an extension of them, the capain. The playrs must perform of be damned.

Just thInking, I can't imagine Poch telling the players off , getting mad. Getting in their faces, kicking boots and throwing tea cups etc...
Where do players get their mojo if they are unable to motivate themselves.
They struggle and underperform. Im not suggesting it's Pochs fault they dont turn up, just thinking out loud. All successful mangers need to instill a little fear into the Players and they always have a deputy on the pitch who is an extension of them, the capain. The playrs must perform of be damned.

I dunno. I reckon he can get angry. Probably more a controlled anger than the for show stuff a lot of other managers do

Lennon and Townsend in for Lamela and Chadli next game

Eriksen next to Stambouli

Kane and Soldado upfront

4-4-facking-2

COYS

It seems Adebayor is simply too much of an influence in the dressing room to drop, but he won't be going in January due to his lack of value, so we might as well get used to him starting in games.

It seems Adebayor is simply too much of an influence in the dressing room to drop
Don't believe that in the slightest. Even so a strong manager takes no prisoners - look at SAF over the years, top names have been booted out of the door if they give lip and perform below par

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom