The Best Kits Spurs Have Ever Dropped

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
The lack of domestic football has had quite an affect on me. Occasionally I find myself emerging from a tube carriage, controlling an imaginary ball, performing a step-over and sweeping it past the good looking lady in the pencil skirt. At other times I find myself praying to the Gods, either old or new, for a doping ring to be discovered at Woolwich, however on occasion I do find time to do something constructive. In this football famine I have [...]

Continue reading...

Wot no Le Coq Sportif kit - how about '84? :freund:
Numerous strutting cockerels, sponsored by a lager brand and we also won the UEFA cup.

Anything from 1967-1982 ...end of!

If i've gotta go modern-day, then 1999/2006/2008 would have my vote.
But only 'cos they looked quite 'old school'!

Plain and simple White shirts/Navy shorts... and exact reverse for the away kit. That's my only criteria...

Wot no Le Coq Sportif kit - how about '84? :freund:
Numerous strutting cockerels, sponsored by a lager brand and we also won the UEFA cup.

That was before my time. I cant pass judgement on a top i never saw live. If i was though, i would go for the admiral from the late 70's

Quite like the Black / Grey one myself, think it looks pretty innovative without being ridiculous eg liverpool away kits. They should be simple white / blue 1st kit, and a blue / white second kit, then allow the kit manufacturers to have their fun on the third kit.

I like the design of this past year's third kit, just not a fan of how tight it is. I'm pretty young (25) and work to stay in shape, but I still don't like how tight it fights. When it hugs to the abdomen under a protruding chest, that's just too much. Now if our ladies squad wore the third kit at all, that might be a sight to see.

I like the design of this past year's third kit, just not a fan of how tight it is. I'm pretty young (25) and work to stay in shape, but I still don't like how tight it fights. When it hugs to the abdomen under a protruding chest, that's just too much. Now if our ladies squad wore the third kit at all, that might be a sight to see.

Are you sure it would be a good sight?

ladies_chel_aug730.jpg

Im kinda fond of this one. Bear in mind Im from Thornton heath, less than a mile from Smellhurst, and I were brought up in the grim north. The reason I support us is the same reason that, when in the north, I had an affinity for Sheff Weds..the unusual name.(I swear someone from the club PR heard my drunkenly lecturing people in the pub about Hotspur standing out in a world of Utds and Citys) So this was the first Spurs shirt I ever owned, as I had to buy it myself. :

sam_01031_1_2_1_1_2.jpg

The Hummel kit with the chevrons and diagonal stripes across the chest. The FA Cup Final kit of '91 - the dark blue with black sleeves Kappa kit, and our one from the season before last, pure white shirt with collar...quality.

Quite like the Black / Grey one myself, think it looks pretty innovative without being ridiculous eg liverpool away kits. They should be simple white / blue 1st kit, and a blue / white second kit, then allow the kit manufacturers to have their fun on the third kit.

Problem with that is, we (Spurs) have to then wear the third kit and by virtue of needing to promote it we then end up witnessing an iconic match such as the NLD, with our own team wearing an unrecognisable kit!

It disgusts me to the pit of my stomach!

it should never EVER be ANYTHING other than this colour scheme in a NLD....

1447002895.jpg

Much as I hate them to my core... that IS a classic ArseAnal kit!

It disgusts me to the pit of my stomach!

it should never EVER be ANYTHING other than this colour scheme in a NLD....

1447002895.jpg

Much as I hate them to my core... that IS a classic ArseAnal kit!

isnt classic woolwich kit akin to saying a fine piece of shitty toilet paper? (not that any decent, upstanding human being would entrust their delicate botty to a gooner shirt. I myself would rather use glasspaper)

Back
Top Bottom