*** The Carbon friendly Green Cup Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham 11 AM Tuesday 18th *** ♻️ 🌎

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does everybody know that the bird is a word?

• Blake’s 7

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • The philtrum

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Ma-ma-mow, pa-pa, ma-ma-mow, pa-pa

Votes: 40 87.0%

• Total voters
Ridiculous take, he was class for Palace and showed his potential.

And Chelsea aren't offloading to us, Ange and the club are interested, he's perfect in that no8 role for him.

Wouldn't surprise me if he stayed at Chelsea cause he's a Poch like player.
I don't think Gallagher is worth £50m. He's not proven quality. He's a fringe player at Chelsea who had a good loan spell at Palace. £25-30m tops. Anything more than that and we should walk away.

Fabianski didn't seem under that much pressure for all those shots.
I count 3 open goals and 2 nailed on pens (with VAR)

open goals:

Bissouma from 6 yards, slipped as he shot (lovely passing move to get there);
Romero from 10 yards, no pressure, complete miss hit;
2nd half, 3 yards out, allowed defender to block (can't remember who, from Richi cross I think);

2 pens:

Solomon cleaned out;
Davies pulled back going for through ball;

Richi hit the post with keeper nowhere

I'm sure there are others

This was Spam's 3rd match (I think our first?)

First match for a completely new manager with a 100% different outlook to the previous 2

Very encouraging imo

If we find it that easy to create chances we will win a lot of games, some by a lot of goals, and it will be good to watch

I was happy with Ange
Am happier now that he's started to make progress so quick
2 defenders in and I'll be.....

:freundgoal:

The Carbon cup.

Similar to an inconvenient truth.

Played out by millionaires, with Mansions with 10-100x the Carbon footprint.

Played by two teams travelling the world by plane…

Sham…

Levy’s mentor (when he found how much money he made off Carbonless industry)…
algore_office_6.jpg

Heated indoor pool, 10 bed mansion with Helicopter pad… hmmm…

What was Vicario's performance like?
I thought he was decent. One really good punch under pressure and one outstanding save from close range down to his left.

Had no chance with either of the goals he conceded - no protection from static defence.

Need to see a lot more of him though - not least as Ange likes a keeper who can play as a sweeper and be part of the general play (even though he hates back passes).

I thought he was decent. One really good punch under pressure and one outstanding save from close range down to his left.

Had no chance with either of the goals he conceded - no protection from static defence.

Need to see a lot more of him though - not least as Ange likes a keeper who can play as a sweeper and be part of the general play (even though he hates back passes).
Sounds like a promising start. Cheers boss!

There's no indication we won't either.
Yeah, that's how this club does it's business isn't it? Just suddenly finish the signing of a player without the press getting a whiff of it weeks and even months in advance.

One thing I did like from Vicario... and I concede this reads like a very small thing... when the second goal went in he was full stretch in the air.

It was too late (as the header was from his blind side and too close) but that kind of reflex dive will mean some extra saves this season that another keeper might not reach.

Obviously there's a lot more than just agility to being a keeper but a team gets a lot of confidence from the keeper having strong, crisp technique.

Every little bit helps.

Reguilon - big mistake on the Ings goal. Has to go at the cross wit his head. Terrible slip that lead to a good chance for Bowen that was blocked by Tanganga. Thought he worked really well with Solomon going forward. Bunch of good passes and overlaps that created space and time for Solomon.
I thought the same, that he was good going forward and linking up with Solomon. Then at half time I went on here and everyone was saying that he's absolute dogshit and needs to be sold at half time.

I thought the same, that he was good going forward and linking up with Solomon. Then at half time I went on here and everyone was saying that he's absolute dogshit and needs to be sold at half time.

He was also the player that slipped in Solomon on the play he should’ve scored/gotten a pen.

Think there’s a lot of attributes Ange can work with.

He was also the player that slipped in Solomon on the play he should’ve scored/gotten a pen.

Think there’s a lot of attributes Ange can work with.
If that was him, he scuffed the pass, which allowed the West Ham defender the time to close on Solomon.

Yeah, that's how this club does it's business isn't it? Just suddenly finish the signing of a player without the press getting a whiff of it weeks and even months in advance.

Not sure if sarcastic or not, but there's been a bit more of a trend of that of late.....

Kulu, Bent', Vicario, Solomon, Phillips (?) all pretty minimal fuss in the media before they happened.

Not sure if sarcastic or not, but there's been a bit more of a trend of that of late.....

Kulu, Bent', Vicario, Solomon, Phillips (?) all pretty minimal fuss in the media before they happened.
So you expect we'll suddenly have our new CB by next week without any media build up from the usual suspects(

One thing I did like from Vicario... and I concede this reads like a very small thing... when the second goal went in he was full stretch in the air.

It was too late (as the header was from his blind side and too close) but that kind of reflex dive will mean some extra saves this season that another keeper might not reach.

Obviously there's a lot more than just agility to being a keeper but a team gets a lot of confidence from the keeper having strong, crisp technique.

Every little bit helps.
I can't see how anybody could make any conclusions about him after yesterday. He had little to do.

Back
Top Bottom