The Cock Transfer Ladder

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm a bit confused about the different levels of a transfer. So let's try to create The Cocks Transfer Ladder, in short the Cock Ladder

Level 10, done deal, presented in official channels.
Level 9: having a medical
Level 8: agreement reached with club
Level 7: done within 48 hours, player confirmed on a plane that is tracked, player is locking for a place to live (confirmed)
Level 6: agreement reached with player
Level 5: negotiations between clubs
Level 4: having an offer rejected
Level 3: made an offer
Level 2: put out feelers, considering a swoop for, discussing a bid... and so on
Level 1: We are linked with every player in the world by the media, absolutely no truth to any of it. Just ITKs looking for click bait. Players close to end of contract.

Help me out here. Will upgrade this first post as we discuss.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused about the different levels of a transfer. So let's try to create The Cocks Transfer Ladder, in short the Cock Ladder

Level 10, done deal, presented in official channels.
Level 9: having a medical
Level 8: agreement reached with club
Level 7: agreement reached with player
Level 6: done within 48 hours
Level 5: negotiations between clubs
Level 4: having an offer rejected
Level 3: made an offer
Level 2: put out feelers, considering a swoop for, discussing a bid... and so on
Level 1:

Help me out here. Will upgrade this first post as we discuss.
Level one is analyzing the inside information supplied by the tea-lady.

Level 1: Scour the world looking for players near the end of their contract regardless of their ability.

Level 1
We are linked with every player in the world by the media, absolutely no truth to any of it.
Just ITKs looking for click bait.

Level 1a
Some people believe the above and blame Levy for not signing them, example see the Varane reports.

Level 1 - Absolute bullshit
Level 1.36 - Reports of full agreement with player and club from BBC or the Guardian

Level 10 - Official announcement from the club

Anything else is a recipe for driving yourself stark raving mad.

Levels 1-10

John Thomas John Thomas and his pet mouse scott scott thinks they are shit
And doe he go
85199-FCB-8434-4-F42-849-A-2-A42-A519-D6-E7.gif
just like the transfer thread and like this one will also.

Level Something: Someone’s Dad sees a car
Level Something Else: Chelsea link made after medical
Level 11: Bought - half of forum say they know someone better from Italy / Spain; half of forum moan about the other half of the forum

Back
Top Bottom