The entire Saudi Arabian soverign, population and government.. AKA Newcastle (A) 1630KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do you mean what is wrong with me ? If the mood around the club wasn’t at its lowest already, we then get this peach of a breaking news. What you expect, me to be dancing around optimistic when our only goal scorer is now out for 3 games ? The clubs in a mess as it is, and this sort of thing we don’t need, but the club has put themselves in this situation by not signing an appropriate back up striker. Serves them bloody right. Some us predicted this could happen at some point.

I share your concerns but you are overreacting a tad. Even if we had signed a backup CF we'd be in trouble because we lack genuinely good alternatives to Son on the wing. And honestly it would be hard for any club to have a wide player to bring in for him who would be at the same level.

Let's just see how the games go. I'm not hugely confident but it's still 3 winnable games if everyone pulls together, and then we have Son back.

It's awesome that the incredibly small (basically miniscule) silver lining to Son maybe missing time is that we'd get to see more of Gil.

And of course, he's the other. I mean, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I share your concerns but you are overreacting a tad. Even if we had signed a backup CF we'd be in trouble because we lack genuinely good alternatives to Son on the wing. And honestly it would be hard for any club to have a wide player to bring in for him who would be at the same level.

Let's just see how the games go. I'm not hugely confident but it's still 3 winnable games if everyone pulls together, and then we have Son back.

It gives an option mate. A goal scorer. Son is out, and With Harry in horrible form, we have nobody to score any goals mate. A decent striker signing like say Danny Ings, we immediately have a solution if one of Son and Kane were missing. There is no excuse for it mate. Now look, Son who is practically running this season so far is now out for 3 games.

It gives an option mate. A goal scorer. Son is out, and With Harry in horrible form, we have nobody to score any goals mate. A decent striker signing like say Danny Ings, we immediately have a solution if one of Son and Kane were missing. There is no excuse for it mate. Now look, Son who is practically running this season so far is now out for 3 games.

With Kane at the club and the way our back up centre forwards have been treated in the past, getting someone in of any decent level to play second fiddle will be difficult. Ings would never have come here imo, Villa offered him a starting place.

But I do agree. Not replacing Vinicius as a depth option was stupid, as was not replacing Bale as another goalscorer in the team to cover for Son and Kane. A lot of mistakes were made and I'm far from content with it.

But the squad we have can still beat the teams we have in the next few games. We'll need things to go our way but it isn't a lost cause.

How were they allowed back in training without getting a negative test first??
That's why I am waiting for confirmation before accepting that it is both of those.

Surely there is some sort of system in place that says that they have to have negative tests before training? Or was all that dismantled when the government opened society up again?

will smith crying GIF

This will be a car crash without those two plus Romero and Royal. Is Sanchez out too? That might help us as it will force him to start Rodon.

Lloris
Tangana
Dier
Rodon
Reguillion

Skipp
PEH

Ndombele
Kane
Lucas
Dele

What do you mean what is wrong with me ? If the mood around the club wasn’t at its lowest already, we then get this peach of a breaking news. What you expect, me to be dancing around optimistic when our only goal scorer is now out for 3 games ? The clubs in a mess as it is, and this sort of thing we don’t need, but the club has put themselves in this situation by not signing an appropriate back up striker. Serves them bloody right. Some us predicted this could happen at some point.
Melt lol

Spurs fans are the ONLY ones who want Spurs to win on Sunday.
Seriously? Dunno about the media, I assume you're right there, but pretty much every fan of other clubs I'd imagine want to see the vile, obese, horse-beating fascist theocracy-luvvin' best-fans-in-the-world© thumped into oblivion. And then relegated.
On Sunday and ever onwards (unless their personal hate team is involved I suppose, like a lot of us, I'll look the other way when they play the Plumstead Marshes travelling community).

I was having beers with a Scouse mate tonight, that was certainly his take

Imo this game is a test whether its the same old shit buckling under pressure in a game we should win. Ok geordies will have the crowd and euphoria but on paper we should win this game. Theyre a poor team. Another test for nuno again is will we succumb weakly at anfield and stamford bridge like we do most seasons. Woolwich away was beyond a joke.

Basically man city, chelsea and newcastle were teams on the brink of collapse so sold their estate to wealty benefactors. Heard on radio a few weeks back in 2006 man city lost to doncaster in league cup and stuart pearce was caretaker boss. Pre sheikh ownership of course.

Back
Top Bottom