The entire Saudi Arabian soverign, population and government.. AKA Newcastle (A) 1630KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That poor supporter today and previously Fabrice Muamba at WHL. And I seem to remember there was another game we were playing where there was another medical emergency? Possibly before the Muamba incident?

Pleased with the result today. As mentioned elsewhere, I think the benchmark for a confident team is going a goal down and winning 3-1 and (apart from Dier's own goal) we passed that test.

Kane got his first league goal of the season and Ndombele is starting to prove his worth. We also showed good strength of character to keep our momentum going after the match was disrupted for the medical emergency.

St James's Park is never an easy place to go and the Geordies were really up for it today but we got the result. I wonder when they'll remove all the Sports Direct branding from around the stadium.

#NuUnlimited
:nunothumb:

That poor supporter today and previously Fabrice Muamba at WHL. And I seem to remember there was another game we were playing where there was another medical emergency? Possibly before the Muamba incident?
If you count Eriksen and Ginola, that's four incidents involving either Spurs as opponents, or (ex)Spurs players... Someone mentioned there had been 5 heart-related medical emergency instances involving us one way or another...
Either we're cursed, or we're saviours... One or the other!!!

Im pleased for nuno. He was under pressure and upset. He knows now who our best team is. Dele alli, winks need to go. Thought romero was majestic again. Class.
My only criticism of him was not using the subs

Gio for Tanguy and Gil for Sonny after 75 mins

My only criticism of him was not using the subs

Gio for Tanguy and Gil for Sonny after 75 mins
Kinda agree... Had he introduced Gio or Bergwign when Shelvey got sent off, it might have given us added momentum to properly kill them off... As it was, somehow, it galvanised them and they absurdly made it closer than it should've been at the end...
Mind you, imagine the scenes if Nuno HAD made any subs, and Newcastle managed to somehow equalised?!!!! 😤

Kinda agree... Had he introduced Gio or Bergwign when Shelvey got sent off, it might have given us added momentum to properly kill them off... As it was, somehow, it galvanised them and they absurdly made it closer than it should've been at the end...
Mind you, imagine the scenes if Nuno HAD made any subs, and Newcastle managed to somehow equalised?!!!! 😤
Their only chance was Dier’s brainfart

Surely Nuno has him sussed by now along with Winks Doherty etc
Play them on Thursday

Yep, it just shocked me how much the commentary teams, the media in general and those stupid fucking fans thought they had spent the past week assembling the Harlem globetrotters of football, only to be shocked that they hadn’t…
Gateshead Globetrotters has a certain ring to it

There was a case of a supporter having a heart attack in the Paxton, probably a year or two before we left the old stadium, and of course, what happened to Cristian Eriksen.

All the hype over Salah's goals, yet not a peep about our third. That was an absolutely sublime move, beautiful Football involving 4 players all on the same wavelength.

All 3 of our goals were gooduns, but the third was just superb

Spikadelika

Spikadelika
4 minutes ago

Howay the Heads.

btl Graun
Read the btl in the graun (noticed Bill Madrid commenting and a 'nutty naylor' doubt it was our own though) was struck by how many neutrals (inc some goons) wanting us to win

wonder if the Geordies, Saudis, sky know what they have put their bets on here.

I might be reaching, after city and Chelsea got away with it, due to UAE and Abramovic being lower profile, but it might just be that after the ESL, the rest of the fans won't let this go. Hopefully, sports washing will be the worst decision they made.

One other thought. Ndombele. Today he showed he can play. He needs to turn that level of effort and performance in regularly. No excuses.
Well, except the excuse of him being the only real, complete player we have and central to anything creative we'd like to do and any opposing manager worth their salt will nullify his efforts to make sure anything we attempt to do is made all the more difficult. That's a pretty damn good excuse.

He can be vital to our efforts but 1 player, especially one whose application has been inconsistent, should not shoulder that burden alone. You can mark any 1 player out of a game. So if we fail that failure is not his alone.

Back
Top Bottom