The Mighty Cockerels versus Real Madrid @ Wembley 1St nov

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That is a fair point. Based off of last season fans should be nervous when he has the ball. But we should also allow his performances this season to change our opinion of him obviously. Footballers quality can change and our opinion of them with it.

Sadly I think for some fans, he will always be shit.
He didn’t get any grief last night mate. Not in the section I was sitting in. In fact the only grief handed out was to a bloke with his two young kids who were cheering Madrid. What a silly idea sitting where he did with two little uns. That said it was delightful when the third went in & they were crying. I know I’m going to hell but I quite enjoyed their weeping.
:troll::nawty:

Only down side for me tonight is reading shite like this from Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon . Why can't some people just enjoy tonight for what it was? Why the need to wallow over differences of opinions in the past? So unnecessary
COYMFS

Sorry chap, but the fucking hypocrisy.

You've admitted that you spew your negativity on to these pages as a coping mechanism because you're unable to deal with Spurs not winning games. No consideration to how that negativity is received by others or affects the community as a whole.

But you expect the same community to accept you with open arms to bask in the collective glory when we win?

I agree, i would rather we could all get on and enjoy supporting Spurs without any confrontation, win or lose, especially on nights like last night, but you're the one on here upsetting the apple cart more often than not.

Last edited:
I was reading on a non-partisan football forum where they're now speculating that we have a better chance of winning the Champions League than the PL. Although I'm not entirely sold on that idea myself, it really shows how far we have come as a club over the past four seasons. The idea that even recently people who weren't Spurs fans would have us as potential champions just didn't seem realistic at all, yet here we are.
The thing is, over two legged games it is foolish to not have us in the mix. There is no way we are getting spanked, our set-up and defensive abilities are far too good for that to happen. I think our mentality is underestimated, I fancy our chances more against the likes of PSG, Barca and Bayern was they are not used to coming up against a side that fights likes ours does let alone one that will show no respect.

That is a fair point. Based off of last season fans should be nervous when he has the ball. But we should also allow his performances this season to change our opinion of him obviously. Footballers quality can change and our opinion of them with it.

it doesn't have to be so polarised

I'm not a big fan of his by any means - but in a game of that stature, where there was some bloody high standard of skill on display - he stood out as someone who wasn't up to standard
He is a good enough sub, but I dont ever see him as someone who will keep first teamers out. Winks is higher up the pecking order already

Tripps and Davies were superb last night. Dele's meteoric rise is rightly lauded, but Trippier was scrapping about with Burnley in the championship not long ago. Tremendous development and coaching by Poch and his team.

I think deep down (and i haven't got to that part in Poch's book yet) that Poch saw more of a chance to develope Trippier than Walker to be fair. From my point of view, Walker has blinding pace but poor end product.
Trippier as he proved last night and against Pool can deliver a killer final ball, something Walker could only do on FIFA 1979.

DNoa69gU8AEA_e_.jpg

Thought Dembeles cameo was great, took a real sting out of the game after they got one back. Throw your weight around, wind them up and make them lose focus. Same as llorente at West Ham.

I expect this is something Poch is instructing his substitutes. He was that type of player himself

Thought Dembeles cameo was great, took a real sting out of the game after they got one back. Throw your weight around, wind them up and make them lose focus. Same as llorente at West Ham.

I expect this is something Poch is instructing his substitutes. He was that type of player himself

Yeah i said this at the time when people were giving Mousa shit for almost getting sent off. There is a good chance he was given instruction to do so. Although probably a little over zealous!

To be fair even if he had got a straight red we still would have probably won the game.

This is key! No respect shown. No fucks given.

Madrid are weak mentally, individually and as a collective they crumbled. They had nothing, no response, no leadership. They were everything we weren't.

Dele said that after the first game "we could see large areas of space behind their midfield".

Reading Poch's book he and his coaches spend a lot of time watching video and setting out tactics for the oppositions likely line up. Credit to him and J'esus and the team for putting Madrid to the sword.

Yep, and I'm afraid I'm one of those Stopspot. Not because I've anything against the bloke personally, not because I've not given him enough time, or because I'm biased, but simply because when you pass a football to him it bounces off his shins. He is in my opinion, by a comfortable margin, the worst footballer in the squad. And I take no pleasure whatsoever in saying it.

But, I have to admit of course, that Poch keeps picking him, and his judgement is roughly 1000 times better (and a million times more important) than mine....

Sorry chap, but the fucking hypocrisy.

You've admitted that you spew your negativity on to these pages as a coping mechanism because you're unable to deal with Spurs not winning games. No consideration to how that negativity is received by others or affects the community as a whole.

But you expect the same community to accept you with open arms to bask in the collective glory when we win?

I agree, i would rather we could all get on and enjoy supporting Spurs without any confrontation, win or lose, especially on nights like last night, but you're the one on here upsetting the apple cart more often than not.

Personally I don't give a shit either way

"It sounds crazy because it's Real Madrid and they haven't lost a group game in five years, but I felt if Man City could go to Naples and win that was a big win."

Yes Craig it does sound crazy, or perhaps 'fucking ludicrous' might be more accurate but I suppose you couldn't say that on telly. I'm sure everyone other than City fans think he has completely lost the plot.

"Napoli are one of the form teams in Europe, a possession-based team.

"I've been really impressed with Napoli. Playing-wise in European football they have really impressed me this year, so that is a really good win.

He's been impressed by a team who have lost three out of four of their group games so far and who are almost certainly going to exit into the Europa League. Mental.
Fuck me that’s even worse.
I never knew he said that.
I just saw the main headline on sky sports app when I was in.
He’s even more deluded.

Had a day off. Woke up looking forward to seeeing the recording. I have every game from 15/16, highlights or full, form 15/16 to today recorded and saved.
Couldn’t find it. It’s been deleted to make space, couldn’t even retrieve it.
If ever there wasn’t one I wanted to save for prosperity it was that.
Even missed recording the extend highlights on BT this morning at 12.
Cunt,

Back
Top Bottom