The Mighty Spurs - Gooner Scum - Sunday NLD

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thinking about it, the scum have a more balanced midfield than we do. Partey the guy who’s supposed to be strong and intercept/tackle, Xhaka the more mobile pivot in a CM2 and Odegaard the playmaker. We haven’t got a proper destroyer (Hojbjerg is not a proper DM imo), and a pair of Ndombele/Alli who’re not box-to-box, neither playmakers, neither mobile enough was unbalanced as fuck. Not that I rate their players but it’s certainly more balanced midfield than ours.

Thinking about it, the scum have a more balanced midfield than we do. Partey the guy who’s supposed to be strong and intercept/tackle, Xhaka the more mobile pivot in a CM2 and Odegaard the playmaker. We haven’t got a proper destroyer (Hojbjerg is not a proper DM imo), and a pair of Ndombele/Alli who’re not box-to-box, neither playmakers, neither mobile enough was unbalanced as fuck. Not that I rate their players but it’s certainly more balanced midfield than ours.

SKIPP #6
PEH #8
NDOM or Gio #10

.....would provide that balance; be it 433, 4231 or even A 352.

Numo doesn't seem to be learning that lesson though.

So my opinion after the mood had settled a bit:

bunch of lukewarm wankers. I've seen more potency and vigor from impotent centenarians than our XI yesterday.

Nuno is clearly out of his depth. He just doesn't know what to do with his midfield and how to avoid creating huge spaces between our CB (suspicious choice starting with Dier and Sanchez) and our midfield three.

I honestly don't get why Barcaa slammed a 200m buyout on Emerson. he was the third-best RB on the pitch despite being the only true right back on it .

Dele needs to go. This is a football club, not a rehabilitation centre.

We did really well to get a 0-0 in the first half and exploit a mistake in the Chelsea tactics last week. As soon as they rectified their mistake we completely crumble in the 2nd

Also, we always bottle it in even more spectacular fashion when there is an expectation we could win and take advantage.
Lo and behold, an opportunity arose to get on 12 points after a lot of teams at the top end lose and...... bottle it.

It's absolutely predictable.

It was just exploiting a tactical mistake though - the players were actually putting effort in.....they didn't yesterday

It was just exploiting a tactical mistake though - the players were actually putting effort in.....they didn't yesterday
Yeah true. But I guess that was possibly because they were succeeding in some of the plays against Chelsea (and City) that spured them on a bit. As soon as Chelsea scored we completely capitulated. Same against Palace. Same yesterday.

The mentality of our squad, imo, is completely broken. It's been getting worse season after season.

Hold tight, cause who knows what the hell is coming! Levy at fault, time and time again. Should have sold Kane for the 100+ mil for new players. Found a bargain to appoint a 7th choice coach. This shit has gone on the last 20 years, yes since Levy has run this club. I find myself the fool thinking things will get us better. Poch's years were the most inspiring and entertaining we have been in a long time. Levy got lucky, but Levy is the root of all our problems. Make no mistake. I hate the fact were so shit and you can't really blame Nuno. Levy found a discount price of a coach.
We never got a 100m bid for Kane. Best we got was 50m plus 2 players who didn’t want us.Poch was sacked with 14 from 12 games. But the Brighton game was every bit as bad as yesterday

The Scum simply haven’t built their entire existence around a want away.

Cracking debate about Spurs going on between Matterface, Murphy & Jordan on TS atm.

It's amazing what can happen if people are forced to look beyond merely calling the players, manager and owners useless cunts. 👍

The talk seemed to be they would go to £127m (€150m) but Levy just wouldn't negotiate or pick up the phone.

The situation hurt us. I can see why with a 3 year deal and the top scorer and assister in the league Levy put £150m price. Anyone would.

It was just our misfortune that City after paying £100m for Grealish decided to massively low ball us. By the time the window was near closed we where quoted 70-90m for any replacement striker from Italy. So our position would have been just as bad.

Kane situation wasn’t the main problem, the manager search and choice was what really fucked us..

Cracking debate about Spurs going on between Matterface, Murphy & Jordan on TS atm.

It's amazing what can happen if people are forced to look beyond merely calling the players, manager and owners useless cunts. 👍
Yep didn't hear it all but Skipp for Dele at the start and things could have been different?
Or Tomi for Tanganga?

So my opinion after the mood had settled a bit:

bunch of lukewarm wankers. I've seen more potency and vigor from impotent centenarians than our XI yesterday.

Nuno is clearly out of his depth. He just doesn't know what to do with his midfield and how to avoid creating huge spaces between our CB (suspicious choice starting with Dier and Sanchez) and our midfield three.

I honestly don't get why Barcaa slammed a 200m buyout on Emerson. he was the third-best RB on the pitch despite being the only true right back on it .

Dele needs to go. This is a football club, not a rehabilitation centre.
It's not the defeat that hurts most, it's the manner of it.... the fact we capitulated when they scored their first made the 2nd and 3rd goals inevitable! ...and then we were REALLY sunk!

All the commentary after they'd scored was about 'traditionally' whoever has scored first in this fixture often doesn't go on to win... not yesterday!
We were determined to put THAT stat to bed!!

I hate us losing, but we've seen enough Spurs defeats to know the difference between when they go down fighting, or just down tools...

Anyone who remembers the 1989 NLD (Gazza's sock) will know that, despite the 2-3 defeat (which stung) it was probably one of the more entertaining NLDerbies I can remember!! We lost, yes, horrible feeling.... but teams lose games, it happens.
At least we went down with a fight, and a bit of fucking spirit, and LOOKING like we gave a shit. NONE of that was in evidence yesterday.... and THAT'S what really hurts!

Last edited:

That does not mean that the players , manager and especially Levy are not massively culpable in the club’s demise. Nuno is guilty of simply not being all that , the players are more guilty and Levy is the primary culprit along with his Uncle
The rest is window dressing , 21 years and 1 league cup with ENIC the constant

Christ, just seen the analysis on MotD by Jenas. Truly disgraceful. No midfield, no shape, no giving the slightest fuck. Unforgivable from players and manager really.
He was spot on though highlighting PEH and Belly just jogging around

Back
Top Bottom