The Mighty Spurs - Gooner Scum - Sunday NLD

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No I wouldn’t. The season is 38 matches long. We will probably finish around 4th-8th under Nuno and that’s about par with our squad of players.

We can fire him, sure. But then what? There is no bottle of lightning which solves the issues higher up than Nuno. We have the best stadium in England and will service those payments and ride out the storm for a while.

Be patient.
Ok.
We've only waited 21 years for some concerted success and maybe a trophy or 2 (remember those) . Just give enic another 5 years to get it right. I'm sure most of us on here would agree to this lol

That does not mean that the players , manager and especially Levy are not massively culpable in the club’s demise.

Of course not...... There's no-one else to blame.

:deledoubt:

The point was about the manner of the discussion..... Free of anger, bitterness and confirmation bias.

It was refreshing.

The rest is window dressing

I have no idea what that is actually referring to.....

, 21 years and 1 league cup with ENIC the constant

......To what ends are you pointing this out?

You don't think I'd like a trophy?

You thought my post was in some way intending to excuse anyone from blame?

Nuno by calling out the tactics.

Your post doesn't show as a link but it does when I reply........

Very odd.

Anyway.....

"The first three games was good, especially against [Manchester] City. I don't know why we changed our mind against [Crystal] Palace, it didn't work."

That's two games he's questioning..... Not just the NLD..... Ouch!

Yep. Even after the Wolves and Watford games I wasn't happy, could see the dross being served up, yet a chunk on here were well happy, just focusing on the scorelines. I judge games on performances not the results. Haven't seen much of the former for ages from this team.
This. I and a few others got slaughtered on here for being critical after those games, despite pointing out that it was very similar to the period when we were top under Jose - scrounging lucky results with poor performances in a way that obviously wasn't sustainable. A lot of 'fans' simply don't understand football, for them the team that won must have been the best team, and performances are irrelevant. So, in the last 10 months we've twice been top of the league on very poor performances, and twice it has soon after gone tits up - perhaps now people will understand? Though somehow I very much doubt it. :/

Losing we can all take, hardly like we are spurs fans for winning trophies.

Yesterday was embarrassing, bar one two, have they got no pride in themselves?

They went into the Derby with no fight or spirit, we just turned up and rolled over.

I could have happily seen the likes of tanguy, dele and kane getting a slap of our fans, it might bring them to life.

I am sick to death with kanes miserable fucking face and lack of effort, he's acting like a spoilt kid, he needs to fucking grow up, act like a pro and hopefully fuck off and poison another club. Fucking jogging about and putting no effort in, bloke basically pissed all over us and the club yesterday.

He's pissed his legacy up the wall with me, sooner him, the waste of space tanguy and dele are gone the better.

I remember reading so many of you calling for Poch to be sacked back in 2019-20. And now you want him back.

Poch isn’t coming back because some Spurs ‘fans’ thought they knew best.

And now some of you are calling for another manager to get sacked. After just 6 matches!

Nuno isn’t going anywhere. And I’m backing him to get us back into Europe. Yesterday he got it wrong, he’s admitted that. But we all make mistakes in our jobs, Nuno is no different. The only issue I have with Spurs right now is that we could have sold Kane and reinvested £100-£120m on two players. Apart from that we’re just in bad form, it happens.

Beat Villa at the weekend and go from there.

I remember reading so many of you calling for Poch to be sacked back in 2019-20. And now you want him back.

Poch isn’t coming back because some Spurs ‘fans’ thought they knew best.

And now some of you are calling for another manager to get sacked. After just 6 matches!

Nuno isn’t going anywhere. And I’m backing him to get us back into Europe. Yesterday he got it wrong, he’s admitted that. But we all make mistakes in our jobs, Nuno is no different. The only issue I have with Spurs right now is that we could have sold Kane and reinvested £100-£120m on two players. Apart from that we’re just in bad form, it happens.

Beat Villa at the weekend and go from there.

There are a ton of posters on here it is quite likely that those two groups could be made up of totally different people.

Also if people have looked at what has happened since and changed their minds is that a bad thing? Isn't that what people should do rather than just stick to their initial decision without thinking about it?

That seems almost as bad as burying your head in the sand and never admitting that their is problems at your club.

We peaked that glorious night in Amsterdam....
That was as good as it got, with what we had....
It's LITERALLY been downhill ever since!

A man did not bite a dog yesterday.

Nobody thought Santo was the new Messiah and if they did, then I need to pray for them.

Let's gather ourselves and have some perspective. Next 3 games should give us a much better idea of the pattern.

Back
Top Bottom