The Mighty Spurs - Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought we were the better side and deserved it clearly, can start to see the players pressing really working as well, early doors but nice all the same.
Agree with the last part but for the first 40 minutes Southampton were better and cutting through our midfield far too easily; the second half was relatively even but they did have good chances. Plenty of positives in our attitude and hard work, and we were playing as a team with, as you say, plenty of pressing as well as some passion and fight.

A7bImNk.jpg

Along with that Capoue celebration, I also really loved this shot at the end of the game too.
... Very heart-warming stuff. :coys:

Sorry if this has been said already but up to his injury I thought Kyle Naughton had a pretty decent game, I might have written him off too soon.

First half I think we looked very decent but we did have to weather a bit of a storm from Southampton, I was craving that second goal for a long while because after Woolwich & Besiktas I felt that an equaliser was coming.

Sorry if this has been said already but up to his injury I thought Kyle Naughton had a pretty decent game, I might have written him off too soon.

First half I think we looked very decent but we did have to weather a bit of a storm from Southampton, I was craving that second goal for a long while because after Woolwich & Besiktas I felt that an equaliser was coming.

I was sat east upper right above naughton when he got injured, I may be wrong but it looked to me like he had a really good chance of taking the ball and clearing the man out and he pulled out of it which was I thought he got injured.

As for the equaliser it would have come if their striker didn't have a fucking mare in front of a gaping goal.

Thought we looked pretty disjointed at times but definitely heading in the right direction.

Well played Danny Rose, I've called him out plenty of times but credit where it's due him and Capoue were awesome today.

Anyone else think Ade could do with a being benched or moved to Cup games as it looks like he's gone missing again.

I was sat next to two of the biggest cuntiest melts ever at the Lane today. They spent the first 20 mins complaining about Naughton before saying it was good he was subbed off. After that Rose and Adebayor became their targets, every time Rose went down they'd ask for him not to get back up and quite literally everything Ade did that wasn't perfection they'd call him a cunt for and say he was shit. Of course when any one of our players did anything good they were silent, one of them disappeared for 25 minutes after our goal and they both left with over 10 minutes to go. It was a real downer on the game for me, that along with the fucking stewards telling us to sit down despite being right up against the back wall in South upper because I got fed up and stood up to trying and get a bit more involved in the atmosphere. Honestly we need a standing section for people who actually like supporting the team and fast. I'm not sure I can bare sitting next to more cunty melts at the Lane again, it was embarrassing. Actually the most embarrassing part was where they started saying about 4-4-2 and the fans voting in a starting 11 each week.

Fuck the stewards, fuck the melts and a standing section pronto!

Confidence showed today in the way we set ourselves out and battlled for a win. It wasn't nice at times but needs must ,Southampton are a good side. It demonstrates clearly that a good performance/result one week (v the scum) sets roots of confidance for further performances.
May it continue and we delevope into a decent side.

A lot to be encouraged about today, it's a shame that the international break means we can't build any momentum although with City next that is probably unlikely anyway.

I agree with the comments regarding Kaboul's captaincy, certainly wasn't my choice but he seems to have stepped it up since then and we've looked a lot more solid in the two games him and Vertonghen have played against two decent sides.

Didn't think it was fantastic today but you could see the effort put in by the players and we were unfortunate with a couple of chances of our own, particularly Chadli hitting the post.

Also felt the atmosphere was a little better today, not great by any means but certainly the first half the fans seemed up for it. Although I seemed to get lucky in that I had a few bunched around me singing which helped get some songs going in block 35. Makes a change from the usual negativity.

Felt good leaving today so naturally we'll take two steps back against City after the international break haha.

Complete game today from the entire squad which was lovely to see vs a quality side. Just needed that 2nd goal to finish Southampton off which would've been gravy

Ade needs to start banging out some goals. Overall, put in a decent shift today w/ a nice set-up on Chadli's woodwork,but too many poor first touches that stifled the attack. Poch is clearly behind him (full 90 today) so lets hope he can find his form asap

Last edited:
Positive football that dared to do and on a few occasions could have sunk us but I'd rather have my balls out in the cool breeze taking it all in than jammed in my shorts all sweaty and crinkly with zero hope of breath taking exhilaration and glory....:lennon:

Too much Azza?

It appears that every counter attack has it appears we only have 3 songs, "Oh when the Spurs" (at least we mugged off Southampton with our version a couple of times today), "Come on you Spurs" and "Sol Campbel".

Ive been wondering for ages where all the everyday songs have dissapeared to? A simple rendition of "Tottenham Tottenham Tottenhaaaaaam...." or "Oh Tottenham we love you".."by far the greatest team" etc..never hear the normal stuff at all.

Hope Naughton is okay, as it was a terrible tackle by Bertrand and deserved at least a yellow. Ref gave a poor showing and was all over the place with his decision making.

Thought Mason drifted out of the game a little yesterday, I think if we had another central midfielder on the bench he would have been taken off in the second half.

How good was Danny Rose by the way? He was brilliant yesterday, love his fully committed tackling. He might not be the best defender we could have on the left but he's very physical for a smaller figure, you wouldn't have an easy day against him.

Thought Mason drifted out of the game a little yesterday, I think if we had another central midfielder on the bench he would have been taken off in the second half.

How good was Danny Rose by the way? He was brilliant yesterday, love his fully committed tackling. He might not be the best defender we could have on the left but he's very physical for a smaller figure, you wouldn't have an easy day against him.
Agree on Rose. He probably should have had a yellow card since he had several "final warnings" by the look of it. No complaints about the Ref keeping it in his pocket though.

Back
Top Bottom