The Mighty Spurs - Swansea of Wales

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I never wrote off Bentaleb - only suggested he needs a break and should be rested against Yaya Toure

AVB was plain wrong in his 'integration' of numerous players, that is well documented - including Lloris who went as far as admitting he considered quitting! Not to mention the Ade debacle. Lamela should have been played from the onset instead of Chadli for example who has achieved very little above mediocrity in a Spurs shirt. Or the Townsend hype over a few runs at pace and very little end product. Timmeh shouldn't repeat the mistake of the previous regime, imv - and Lamela being a massive investment needs to be integrated asap since we're not Chelsea to simply write off massive financial faliures
Chadli has to step up significantly as lamela, siggy and holtby have all had far better games than him, if he left I wouldn't be too bothered really.

Chadli has to step up significantly as lamela, siggy and holtby have all had far better games than him, if he left I wouldn't be too bothered really.
I don't want him to leave as squad depth is extremely important in a sustained Top 4 challenge - simply want all players to be given a fair chance to earn their place and impress

Last edited:
I dont get this sentiment.....apart from the next game always being "the real test".....why would we need to beat City to prove ourselves? When were we ever going for the title?
Que? Let me just confirm - it's ok for Timmeh to lose against the big boys since we're not aiming for the title but if AVB does it he should be sacked?

Our home record has been appalling lately and we need to improve that urgently if we're to stay in the Top 4 race.

We have the team to beat those mongs (we are stronger than last season and managed 3 goals) so expecting at least a point is completely reasonable, imv (seeing they have improved themselves from 12 months ago)

Dunno about beat so much... take points off, perhaps (even though it would help THOSE two!)

To be fair, Jan, Sandro and Kaboul (maybe) will be back... so, erm, yes, you never know!
City away certainly aren't the same City at home...

...then again, us at home certainly aren't the same us away either... so... erm... it evens itself out??
It will be an open game, a game we will chase. With a little luck, take our chances, they miss theirs.

And I haven't got my head up in the clouds. I just have this overwhelming feeling we can beat them. There is no pressure on us, City is expected by all including them to win. Bring it on!

Can't see the team captain being dropped for a big game though.
Is that the primary reason that Dawson is still in the side , the fact that he is the captain. When Super Jan is back who gives way? I would pick Super Jan over Dawson and make him skipper.

Off course we should play the best possible team.

It is just that Jan has been out for long and Negredo/Aguero are the leagues most dangerous strikeforce.

Dawson is a scapegoat. He makes mistakes but he's still blamed for way too much.

Like Chadli against Swansea.......has a shot on the angle, on target, its tipped over the bar, and he gets called a cunt by a load of people.

Dembele not only misses the target with a chance a 6yr old would have scored, but also took the shot instead of passing to Ade who had an open goal........oh how very humerous that was

Back
Top Bottom