The mighty Spurs v West Ham. 12.30 K.O - 27th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But we are fucking third!! ahead of Utd, Woolwich and Chavs. THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT!

The only fantasy is you and whoever else is PREDICTING us be behind Utd, Woolwich and Chavs at the end of the season. Because that is what you are doing. IT"S NOT THE END OF THE SEASON!! AND THEY HAVEN'T HAD ANYWHERE NEAR TO THE NUMBER OF INJURIES WE HAVE HAD THIS SEASON. The question put was about our SQUAD not being as good as anyone in the top SIX (apart from Woolwich). So if you think that EVERYONE in the top 6 has a better squad than ours, more than half of those teams are currently BEHIND us and haven't had to deal with the same number of injuries to their first team then really I don't know how else you can evaluate a squad that by the position in the fucking league and that's before you factor in or out injured palyers!

How fucking hard is it for people to grasp this?

Were Woolwich better than us when they were third the other day ?

Last edited:
I didn't notice on telly there were empty seats with ten to go tbh is that true??
If it is-every single one of them people can go fuck themselves. Disgrace

Was always gonna be a tough game-they are always up for it, tbf I watched them at OT cupla weeks ago and they should have had the game won before the second peno. Weird team, so many injures and not 100% players, Son looked shattered-he needs this week off tbh.
We are a shadow of ourselves without Winks and Sissoko in the middle and our weaknesses have been highlighted in enough threads and by enough people this season so I'm going to change the record and say fuck it-we will do enough the last two games to get top four and we are in a fucking winnable champions league semi final, lets melt at the end of the season if we crash and burn but until that happens, COYFS!

.....Is that actual bums on seats?
Well is it? Other clubs as we will do is claim an attendance is such and such based on ST sales! Whether everybody who has a ticket is actually there? In theory it’s a sell out but physically it ain’t.

Mate I'm sorry but that is just deflective gibberish. Llorente is a 34 year old striker who had barely kicked a ball pre January, how can you compare that to selling our best central midfielder?

Not gibberish at all....

Demebele was also a 30-something with a dubious fitness record; another player struggling to make an impact.

You're projecting like we'd sold a player at the peak of their powers and that's simply disingenuous and in keeping with the spirit of the prior comments you appear only too happy to defend (even though apparently you're 'on the fense', honest guv!).

Can I pose you a simple question.
In your opinion, has the decision to sell Mousa Dembele in January without signing a replacement benefited or hindered Tottenham Hotspurs on field performances in the second half of the season?

Would I prefer to have a fit and capable Dembeble available for selection; sure.

However, I shan't answer your question as it's asked verbatum, because it is in routed in more of the false-sentiment that I'm debating to begin with..... You're talking about multiple decisions within a collective outcome.

1. Sell Dembele (decision)
2. Get Replacement (decision)
3. Who? (decision)
5. Negotiation period (process)
4. Buy/Fail to buy (outcome.....)

The decision to sell MD doesn't intrinsically come with a decision to NOT replace him. (More baseless assumption by those that promote this notion!)

'No replacement' is an outcome; not necessarily a DECISION made with INTENT.

Same way, the idea that Levy actively sat their in June 18 and said "No players for you, Maurice - See you next year!" is without substance.

You know as well as I do the "Dembele" moan is always in the context of "Boo Levy is a tight cunt"....

Boring, transparent cyclical fucking bullshit from the usual suspects.

Today:
Dier/Wanyama (+ Skipp) = Available.
Sissoko / Winks = Injurred

.....Yet Demeble was the only man that could have got us past WH today? Naaaaaaah, that's bollcks innit.

Too slow, too inaccurate, too jaded today. We deserved to lose.

There were several times when a player should have shot at goal, but for some weird reason passed it instead. I remember the Gooners being like this once - it was a similar scenario - everyone was saying how good they were and it went to their heads. We're getting like that.

For once, Dier didn't make any howlers in midfield.

Still, I witnessed some 'firsts' today. First away goal, first time Spurs haven't scored and first loss at the lovely new stadium. :(

By the way, the security staff were amazingly helpful.

Well is it? Other clubs as we will do is claim an attendance is such and such based on ST sales! Whether everybody who has a ticket is actually there? In theory it’s a sell out but physically it ain’t.

Enlightening. : P

As far as im concerned, It is what it is! We move onto our most important Semi Final Ever! WH season is now over, they got there trophy. We move on. I know by Tuesday id have forgotten all about today

Not gibberish at all....

Demebele was also a 30-something with a dubious fitness record; another player struggling to make an impact.

You're projecting like we'd sold a player at the peak of their powers and that's simply disingenuous and in keeping with the spirit of the prior comments you appear only too happy to defend (even though apparently you're 'on the fense', honest guv!).
I'm projecting no such thing. Certainly not to the extent you're projecting a narrative that he was a useless crock.

Would I prefer to have a fit and capable Dembeble available for selection; sure.

However, I shan't answer your question as it's asked verbatum, because it is in routed in more of the false-sentiment that I'm debating to begin with..... You're talking about multiple decisions within a collective outcome.

1. Sell Dembele (decision)
2. Get Replacement (decision)
3. Who? (decision)
5. Negotiation period (process)
4. Buy/Fail to buy (outcome.....)

The decision to sell MD doesn't intrinsically come with a decision to NOT replace him. (More baseless assumption by those that promote this notion!)

'No replacement' is an outcome; not necessarily a DECISION made with INTENT.

Same way, the idea that Levy actively sat their in June 18 and said "No players for you, Maurice - See you next year!" is without substance.

You know as well as I do the "Dembele" moan is always in the context of "Boo Levy is a tight cunt"....

Boring, transparent cyclical fucking bullshit from the usual suspects.

Today:
Dier/Wanyama (+ Skipp) = Available.
Sissoko / Winks = Injurred

.....Yet Demeble was the only man that could have got us past WH today? Naaaaaaah, that's bollcks innit.
Yeah thought you wouldn't answer it alright. Just your usual swerving of it through convoluted nonsense. You'd make a great politician.

As far as im concerned, It is what it is! We move onto our most important Semi Final Ever! WH season is now over, they got there trophy. We move on. I know by Tuesday id have forgotten all about today
I won't have forgotten about today if, come September, we're watching games against Anzhi Machakalala in a half-empty stadium while Woolwich are raking in £100m+ and playing against Real Madrid. It was a disgraceful performance and the players owe a huge improvement.

Doesn't mean I can't smell the bullshit all the same.

So do tell.....

Who are these super-gooners who we should all covet then?

Well I believe they have better attacking off of the bench but overall our squad is probably a little stronger , you're here to tell me I'm wrong and you're right so why bother asking for a response anyway ?

But he didn't invest anything. Unprecedented in top class football.

And then we see this

Tottenham post world-record £113 million profit

Why do so many still try to find excuses? Its indefensible.

Oh fuck off you tart, not this again.

We've gone through a period of austerity to pay for the stadium, you know that stadium you said would never be built.

There have been funds available for the right player but we needed to shift some players first and have also been hampered a bit by the home grown rule.

How fucking hard is it to grasp.

It's great that we posted that profit, which will either go on paying down some of the stadium, increasing wages or towards signings.

I'm guessing you've got your knickers in a twist thinking Levy & Enic will be pocketing it somehow.

Deary me.

Were Woolwich better than us when they were third the other day ?
No. Woolwich aren't better than us. If you think they are then good for you mate, cheer away from the rooftops, cosy up to Tye as you and he would be on the same page.

Not sure if yet again you get the drift of what is being said. NO other club in the top 6 has suffered as many injuries to its first team than as us this season and yet we are still above most of them and in the semi-finals of the CL. This by the very definition defines our squad as better.

Think of it this way, in your reply list what you think is our best 11. Then when you have done that tell me how many times we have fielded that team.

Back
Top Bottom