The mighty Spurs v West Ham. 12.30 K.O - 27th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have consoled myself with spaghetti and meatballs, followed by Haagen Dazs ice-cream, so not going to give myself a relapse by back-reading this thread, or reliving the game. Will give MOTD a miss too.
Too many players with an eye on Tuesday, which is sort of understandable, but a Champions League place via a top four place is more realistic, and I will be peeved if we miss out, as we should have been comfortable at this stage of the season. Ah well!
Only good thing was catching up with Rocket Rocket after the game, shame it wasn't under happier circumstances.

Change the comfort food to Chinese takeaway and I could’ve posted exactly the same. Off to bed with my mood only tempered by the imminent CL semi final.

By the way, has anyone heard from SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy ? Hope you’re ok mate.

Way, way late to this one but I'm guessing here you've never lived next to "travellers" have you?

If you had you would have another story to tell. Im a lefty liberal, but in the mid 80s they came to South Hackney, to the bit of green between my block of council flats and the next one. They were there 2 weeks, in which time they

- mugged my 80 year old next door neighbour of her pension money coming out of the post office on Broadway Market
-set fire to my mates van who had an extremely modest house moving business
- stole from every shop in our street, started fights in every pub. Yes them, they looked for the fights, every time. One pub got done for having a "No Travellers" sign in the window, for some stupid reason they'd picked his pub where they were all going to go

It just went on and on. Back then, I was 25 or so, and as groovy lefty as you like. After that 2 or 3 weeks, I modified my stance. "Even the most liberal person, if they have to live near travellers, will change their views."

Since then, on a couple of occasions, the above has been shown to be true for me. Guardian reader types, friends of mine who thought I was being a cunt before came up against pikeys and found themselves fucked, for one reason or another, similar to the above (I havent mentioned the half of it before, the human shit everywhere, the babies with unwashed bums, the rubbish everywhere...)

Like I say, come back to us on this matter when you've lived next door to these people

...and now they're all West Ham fans.

‘Disaster’ hardly we lost a game of football ffs a disaster is getting blown up by some fruit loop who doesn’t value life. A disaster is being diagnosed with aggressive terminal cancer at 50 and not seeing your children,grandchildren grow up, disaster is seeing your worldly possessions disappear down a swollen river due to floods and leaving you with nothing but the rags your wearing......that’s a DISASTER not losing a game of football.

We lost at home to West Ham. Pretty fucking close, no?

Yeah, he was awesome as he spunked two clear chances.

Lloza gets a pass. He got us to a European Cup semi final.

Lardyboy doesn't.
He hasn’t played competitive football for over a season, one shot and one header both on target and he came on in the last 15 mins. We only had 2 on target in the first 75mins.
I’m not saying on form striker but he’s done better than he used to and still our player.

We’re in a European cup semi final, whatever happens they’ll never have that feeling. They won their cup, let them enjoy it, we’ve got a chance to parade the absolute pinnacle of European football around Tottenham in 3 games time. Yeah I’m probably jinxing it by saying all this but fuck it, they know their place, and it’s behind us by a mile, on and off the field. Sleep tight yidos

We'll have played 14 or 15 games more games than them by the end of the season. It showed today. If we want to compete with Liverpool or Man City we need a squad that can cope with playing 60 games a season. We simply don't have that. We can't continue carrying injury prone and substandard players. It just increases the workload on the core group, themselves mostly internationals with that extra game time to play.

The more I think about it the more I believe the loss yesterday was down to tiredness.

Dele looked fucked the entire game and he has barely even played, Vertonghen was rested because of fatigue, our other player were essentially walking for most of the game, makes me wonder if the players are maybe feeling a little under the weather or if we have just had one too many games and the tank is empty.

It doesn't bode well for Tuesday, I have a really bad feeling about the CL game tbh.

Back
Top Bottom