THE MIGHTY SPURS VS WBA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stuck in meetings over in San Francisco so missed it. What happened? Did we freeze or did they just bank up against us?

Ach - whatever it was or what this season becomes I'm proud that we played football the right way to get what we did - and not the industrial hoof ball shit that Leicester push out.

Stuck in meetings over in San Francisco so missed it. What happened? Did we freeze or did they just bank up against us?

Ach - whatever it was or what this season becomes I'm proud that we played football the right way to get what we did - and not the industrial hoof ball shit that Leicester push out.
We bossed them for the first 30 minutes. Hit the post when it was easier to score, got our goal from a set piece. West Brom then got more and more into the game. They ultimately won the midfield battle, I actually thought Fletcher was outstanding for them in midfield. Sessegnon continued to get the better of Rose in the second half and Rondon caused all sorts of problems for our back line. Lamela also hit the post and could have sealed the win.

Yacob had a nasty - though not over the top - tackle on Alli in the first five minutes, as I recall. And some scraps off the ball.

Care to elaborate what makes you state so confidently that the punch was the reason for WBA's improved second half? I can think of five betters reasons off the top of my head...
Confidently ? Def not confident and just an opinion. They seemed disinterested to start and that incident seemed to motivate them a bit

This.

I don't really hate Leicester. But I fucking hate the "Leicester should win, they deserve it" media and neutrals story. It's fucking bullshit (well, at least it was until we fucked up against WBA).

If "deserve it" means they have the most points, then ok. If that's the only metric one looks at, then ok. But then, if they hadn't won it, it wouldn't be a problem, cause whoever had overtaken them would then deserve it.

By pretty much any possible metric, WE've deserved it. We've played the best football, created the most chances while at the same time had the best defence.

Have we done so splashing a shitload of cash? No! We're the only club to have a positive net spend for something like the last 4 transfer windows.

Have we done it by paying a shitload of wages? Nope. Our best paid players earns the same as Schlupp (!) and Vardy. Okazaki earns more than Kane. Huth earns more than Vertonghen.

Have we done so in a freak one-off season, where we have barely had any other competitions to worry about? Nope, we've had europa league on Thursdays, which I think is widely accepted as the hardest competition to combine with a succesful PL run.

Are we the club where the goalkeeper, the two CBs, the two midfielders, the best winger and the best striker have lost a total of 6 games in the first 35 rounds? Nope, that would be Leicester.

We're the club that have taken step by step closer to the top. Who finally got close to the title with a majority of players coming to the club as young, unfinished articles.

We could've been the youngest title winning side ever(?).

We have the most English national team players, none of which had caps before joining us.

We've become succesfull through very hard work, with double training sessions, and through hard work in games, being the team that have the second highest number of kms ran.

We've been succesful playing intriguing, modern, high press, high ambitions football.

Not by being the third from the bottom side in number of passes, with a pass miss percentage on par with the worst in the league.

Not by sitting in our own third and counter attacking. Or by getting twice the number of penalties of the second luckiest team in that regard.

WE were the fucking fairy tale. Not the wicked witches of Leicester. They're the ugly step sister, we're the beautiful princesses. We should've won the kingdom. Not those fucking cunts.

This is an adventure, allright. But one without a happy ending.

They say that Leicester winning can be an inspiration to small teams everywhere. But what kind of a fucking inspiration would that be? "Cheat, dive, sit back and counter. Don't worry if you hit your passes. As long as an odd long ball hits its target, you can score and win. Oh, and play the lottery every week. This Leicester side has shown that you can do anything with luck, so go out there and get rich by lottery, it's possible."

Us winning would be fucking inspirational. "It is possible to reach the top with young, English players. It is possible to reach the top as young, English players. It is possible to beat richer, bigger clubs, by working very hard, by putting in extra effort in training. It s even possible to do so playing positive football. Be like Spurs. Be brave, be dedicated, work hard, be succesful!"

Fucking Leicester, but even more so: Fucking everyone saying they are the fairy tale, and that they are deserved winners (as if we wouldn't be if we'd overtaken them).

THAT /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Spurs and Leicester might want to spend some time reflecting on their respective spectacularly good seasons rather than slagging each other off.
Their styles are clearly different but I believe them not only the best 2 teams (clearly) but also the 2 most entertaining teams but for polar opposite reasons

There are no Spurs fans on FoxTalk slagging off Leicester. Why the need for your fans to come on here? You've all but won it - it's classless.

FML - interesting numbers

3061632.jpg

3069262.jpg

FML - interesting numbers

3061632.jpg

3069262.jpg
if only fooball wasnt about who scores the most goals in a match.
Hopefuly next season they start awarding pts for more posession & accurate passes.
But not for shots on target.
It says there that leicester got 9 shots on target & we got 2.
Still think they should include the woodwork. So i make that 4 we got on target.

Last edited:
As a neutral (well Carlisle United fan) I find it incredibly hilarious the overwhelming number of Spurs posters who question and imply the dignity and "class" of other clubs whilst in the same breath using profanities. The irony.

Spurs fans need to wake up and realize their mediocrity. Your recent league finishes are 5,6,5,4,6,4. You're not inching your way up the league. This season is one-time deal for you (probably why all the sour grapes). You are Liverpool two seasons back. Next season normality will resume and you will slot back into a Europa league finish where you belong.

You don't "deserve" to win the league, you haven't "earned it" inching your way from 8,7,6,5,4,3,2....like Leicester fans you need to come to terms with this being a freak season....or you can carry on with your delusions.

And as a 'neutral' Carlisle fan... may I ask what you are doing here?

Trolling not your strong point eh foxboy?

Back
Top Bottom