***THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V BRAIN LEVERKUSEN ****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm definitely the same not been buzzing for any game. We're just in it to make up the numbers.

None of them have been "Fuck I can't wait for the game"

Even when we scored against CSKA I celebrated like I would a goal against a league one team in the FA cup. I envy those of you that are really into this time around, but for me something just feels different. Whether it's the fact we're playing away from WHL (I massively dislike Wembley as a stadium, btw) or that we've drawn a bunch of shite we should be beating, I don't know.

Roll on the NLD. Now that I'm up for.

Like being at school and theres 5 games going on at once across the play ground.

Poor Toby all on his jack jones running halfs like he's been banished for swearing at Jesus.
Hope that is just routine and not because he's far from ready.

Even when we scored against CSKA I celebrated like I would a goal against a league one team in the FA cup. I envy those of you that are really into this time around, but for me something just feels different. Whether it's the fact we're playing away from WHL (I massively dislike Wembley as a stadium, btw) or that we've drawn a bunch of shite we should be beating, I don't know.

Roll on the NLD. Now that I'm up for.
Honestly honestly? You do know European nights are part of Tottenham"s DNA. Fuck sake can't believe people on here. Were fucking Tottenham European trailblazers. Get a fucking grip

In theory, we are the away team also?
When it's the cup final it inspires players, as they are appearing at Wembley.
Well, it used to be like that.
I would think that the vast majority of CL players are internationals and maybe already have. Some play at better, or bigger stadiums for their club teams.
You get to Wembley being in a semi final, in the play offs .
So, who hasn't played at fucking Wembley these days.

Anyway, if yo can be inspired by a trip to Wembley in front of 25 -30k of your own fans for a final you can be inspired to play at Wembley, in the biggest club competition, in front of 85k.

When Woolwich were there it had a running track.
It was also because Dien, probably like Levy but we have also a valid excuse, wanted to prove to the bankers/lenders that Woolwich could get crowds of over 60k. They were looking at moving at that time.
You also have to remember that this was their first 2 ventures into the CL. Is that not a valid reason for them not doing well?
Let's make no mistake, they would have gone back too if it wasn't getting demolished.

Group stages are a farce-too many games - interfere with the domestic football.

Honestly honestly? You do know European nights are part of Tottenham"s DNA. Fuck sake can't believe people on here. Were fucking Tottenham European trailblazers. Get a fucking grip
Totally agree, but wish there was a different format to the European games. Champs only in CL, 3 trophies to play for and back to knock out (H/W) for me.

Believe me I love being in Europe I just don't love the CL
Thats the problem CL-utter shite really. Europe should be the ultimate games of the season.

Group stages are a farce-too many games - interfere with the domestic football.

Totally agree, but wish there was a different format to the European games. Champs only in CL, 3 trophies to play for and back to knock out (H/W) for me.

Thats the problem CL-utter shite really. Europe should be the ultimate games of the season.
:pochfacepalm:

I despair football is wasted on some people

Well if we get to the final can I have your ticket.

Jesus Christ this is a glory glory night they became a bit rare round here let's treasure this.

It's no more a glory night than a league cup quarter final or something, it's a fucking group game, against another team that came third in their league. Top table...sponsored by Gazprom.

It's no more a glory night than a league cup quarter final or something, it's a fucking group game, against another team that came third in their league. Top table...sponsored by Gazprom.
Teams Tottenham beat to win the 1984 Uefa cup

Drogheda
Feyenoord
Bayern Munich
Austria wien
Hadjuk split
Anderlecht

Glory nights one and all hardly any of which ( except Bm) feature regularly in the knock out stages.

Were in Europe we should treasure it.

About 5-6 years ago I would watch a ton of Champions League games. Didn't matter to me who was playing, I would just want to watch the big games, the British clubs playing the best teams in the world. I always felt it gave us a good idea of what we needed to do to improve our games and close that distance. But the last few years, I haven't watched any and I've struggled to be excited even for our games. It's a bizarre feeling, but I just don't like the competition much anymore.
I was the same. The Champions League always felt like a big event, whoever was playing. Nowadays I couldn't give a shit unless there's a chance Woolwich/Chelsea could get knocked out.

TV ratings have gone down massively for the Champions League over the last 5 years all over Europe though. Somehow it's lost its "magic" (and UEFA are very worried about it)

Teams Tottenham beat to win the 1984 Uefa cup

Drogheda
Feyenoord
Bayern Munich
Austria wien
Hadjuk split
Anderlecht

Glory nights one and all hardly any of which ( except Bm) feature regularly in the knock out stages.

Were in Europe we should treasure it.

I've looked forward to certain Europa League fixtures more than this. I'm sure I'd be a little more excited were this a last 16 tie. Forgive me if I'm struggling to get up for a group game away from our traditional home.

Back
Top Bottom