The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. BVB Dortmund||Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im glad you can say that now after he was bailed by a gritty assist from Dele and the usual top finish from himself. Son ran a lot today but I acutually thought he was having a so so game until that goal. But hes a scorer live and die by the goals. If he can bail himself out w a goal or two or assit I ll take that any day.

A bit like Ronaldo in all fairness

DPMF-bzUQAAgmdX.jpg

Can’t see any spare tyre on Danny?

Top notch second half right there. Apart from Llorente's unlucky collision with the goalie obviously, injuring someone is never fun and will probably be on his mind a bit.

Who'da thunk we would win the group?

Weekend is forgotten now. Onward to West Brom!

Mature patient and dominant 2nd half performance. Now a way to deal with teams pressing us and we are laughing. FA Cup and top 3 will do me this season though big time

This players are so strong in their heads. Well done Poch!

We lose against spamers, comeback win against Real Madrid, defeat against woolwich, and another comeback with amazing win at Dortmund. I'm proud. We are there, Europe's elite.

Maybe people like different things in their players?

Mindblowing thought I know.

Rose looked sluggish and while he put in a good shift, tended to fall out of pace at times throughout the game.

What game were you watching?

Danny had a good game and will be all the better for it

An amazing picture, looking at Rose's left knee I fancy he might not be starting on Saturday! As for Danny I thought he had a steady first half but was awesome in the second half. 10 months ago he was the best left back in the prem when he gets fully fit he will again be the best left back in the prem. As long as he keeps giving 100% in a spurs shirt he will remain a valuable asset to the club and someone I will enjoy watching play.

Just a great performance. When the first goal went in my 90s era light in my brain went off and I was assuming it was over, but Pochettino has instilled confidence in the players that I’m clearly still in need of.

Having said that, within minutes of that first goal I had belief again. It all stems from Pochettino fielding such a strong team and wanting the players to know that these games matter. No deferring things to Apoel. There was a job to be done tonight, and they did it.

Topping a group, any group, with Real in it is an incredible achievement. Add Dortmund to the mix and it is downright stunning. No trophy for winning a CL group of course, but make no mistake, this was a monumental achievement tonight.

Back
Top Bottom