The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. This small club from Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Genuine question... IS he all that though... No hint of one season wonder about him?

You'd have seen more 90s from him than I... You were dire to watch last year! lol

I don't think so - everyone suffered from some weird hangover for the first 2/3rds of this season. It's difficult for a flair player to look good when he's double-marked and the space that creates isn't being well-used because the team itself is playing poorly. But he always gives you one or two moments that get you off your seat even in his worst game; and when he's on song he's unplayable. Pretty sure there's a nutmegged Stoke defender somewhere still wondering where the ball went.
He gave a really honest interview on Sky earlier this week when he talked about the burden him and Vardy carried this season. In a top team I think he'd be devastating.

Yeah saw it advertised on Facebook. New customers only.

Obviously it's just a publicity stunt but also a way to get some easy money if you want it. Oi, oi. (And provided we win, obviously.)

These "Deals" have a load of bullshit attached to them. Maximum bet (£10 usually), you have to win x amounts of bets with your winnings until you can withdraw it and/or the payout is in free bets

I don't think so - everyone suffered from some weird hangover for the first 2/3rds of this season. It's difficult for a flair player to look good when he's double-marked and the space that creates isn't being well-used because the team itself is playing poorly. But he always gives you one or two moments that get you off your seat even in his worst game; and when he's on song he's unplayable. Pretty sure there's a nutmegged Stoke defender somewhere still wondering where the ball went.
He gave a really honest interview on Sky earlier this week when he talked about the burden him and Vardy carried this season. In a top team I think he'd be devastating.

The upside is there to see, but I do wonder whether he's got the work-rate to cut it in a system like ours and whether he'd operate so well against a parked bus 3/4s of the time...

I mean, IMO a key factor in your league win last year was that by the time peeps sat up and took you seriously (i.e. stopped considering your results as 'freak' and actually tried to counter your strengths) the season was 2/3s over; momentum was yours and the notion of fairytale had already got the better of cunts like Pullis & Chelski.... Always felt he was allowed to run amok!

(Blatant 'sniffing about your player' post.... Apologies for the raging hypocricy I'm displaying! LOL )

Again on FT:

"Clearly there is going to be a lot of banter and animosity between the two sets of fans and hopefully that won't spill on to the pitch like it did when spuds lost their heads last season against Chelsea"

They're seriously comparing this game and atmosphere to the Battle of the Bridge game? :pochshock:
Yeah, we're apparently bringing out our bruisers like Shashoua to teach those dreaded rivals Leicester a lesson.

The upside is there to see, but I do wonder whether he's got the work-rate to cut it in a system like ours and whether he'd operate so well against a parked bus 3/4s of the time...

I mean, IMO a key factor in your league win last year was that by the time peeps sat up and took you seriously (i.e. stopped considering your results as 'freak' and actually tried to counter your strengths) the season was 2/3s over; momentum was yours and the notion of fairytale had already got the better of cunts like Pullis & Chelski.... Always felt he was allowed to run amok!

(Blatant 'sniffing about your player' post.... Apologies for the raging hypocricy I'm displaying! LOL )

Any flair player is frustrating- you can't help wondering why don't they do it all the time? And Mahrez is no exception. But then you realise that even if they've spent most of the 90 looking out-of-sorts and running up blind alleys, they have also produced 2 or 3 scoring opportunities either for themselves or others.
It was interesting to see the Atleti defence start to panic collectively as he started playing well in the 2nd half at the KP - they genuinely didn't know what to do.
Personally, I think you lot were a Hazard or a Mahrez away from winning the league this season. It's the one thing you lack, IMO - a super skilful wide player who can cause havoc.
Not sure if wages would be a problem as yours is a tight structure though.
Want to make clear I'm not wishing him away, at all. Just being realistic - I think he's off, I think he wants to stay in the Prem, and wants CL - there aren't that many candidates!
All the above guarantees he'll have an absolute mare tonight of course.

As we have second confirmed hope we get the chance to see a few fringe players in these last two games.

Not sure. I want us to really smash that points total even more and hopefully Chelsea will rest a few and we can get a bit closer to them points wise.

Ok no Rose, Trippier, Walker, and of course Lamela (and Dembele not fit enough for 90 mins)

----------------------------Lloris--------------------------
Dier---Alderweireld----Vertonghen----Davies
------------------Wanyama--Sissoko----------------
--------------------------------Alli------------------------
---------Son---------------------------------Eriksen-
------------------------------Kane----------------------
Have a feeling we will go with a back three of dier, vert, toby and nkoudu and Davies will play as wing backs

Have a feeling we will go with a back three of dier, vert, toby and nkoudu and Davies will play as wing backs
Good hunch, but looks like Sonny or Sissoko will be the ones to fill in at RWB!
:sonhmm:

Good to see Dembele get a start... we've gone pretty strong for this one eh?
Mind you, it is our biggest game of the season... no point taking them lightly!
:llorishowudoin:

Back
Top Bottom