The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston "not famous anymore" Villa

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No Victoria line at all due to strike. No trains from Northumberland Park or Tottenham Hale due to engineering works, on either Greater Anglia or Stansted Express. Nothing from South Tottenham. Literally the only way back to central London will be from WHL station, that'll be fun... and then we'll all be stranded at Liverpool St.

I notice the club hasn't published it's normal pre-match travel advice story, presumably because of the shitshow this promises to be!

Can only imagine how difficult it'll be for Villa fans trying to get back to Euston for pre-booked trains.

Just realised this! only bought my ticket yest but im going to Fuck it right off.
1. Im on Southern Rail - services are a lottery at best
2. No direct train to London on Sun (if they run)
3. No Northumberland Park
4. No Tube
5. Its Villa

Just realised this! only bought my ticket yest but im going to Fuck it right off.
4. No Tube
5. Its Villa
If you can get to East or SE London'ish me old mukka happy to pick you up then drop you back. Appreciate this ain't a great help.

If there is no tube service at all after 6pm then most people are screwed really.

I'd need to get to Finsbury Park or Kings Cross somehow for my connection.

Stamford Hill to Finsbury Park is only a mile and a half walk I guess
:dembelewtf:

Here we go... not particularly helpful, but hopefully the club can negotiate something to keep the Victoria line closure from happening until later that evening or something

Travel notice ahead of Aston Villa FA Cup tie 6 January 2017 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com
Supporters may be aware of planned RMT and TSSA industrial action across the London Underground network taking place from Sunday at 6pm that will disrupt post-match travel plans in the event of the action going ahead.
We are still seeking further clarity and information from TfL and will update supporters further as soon as we are able.

4. No Tube
5. Its Villa

Where has it been confirmed no service on Victoria line? TFL says service will be okay on Sunday - the strike will kick in on Monday - Sunday evening should be okay to get home.

Lloris Boss you know when I signed the contract extension you said I could achieve my ambitions and win things at Spurs
Poch Yes
Lloris How can I do that if I and other major players are not playing Sunday?
Poch Well I have to look at the whole squad and who needs games and who needs a rest etc, etc
Lloris But as a GK I can manage all the games and it would be an honour to lead this club to an FA Cup final victory.
Poch, Just because you do not play in the early rounds does not mean you will not play in the final
Lloris Would that not be unfair on Vorm to play all the early rounds and then miss the final and think of the stick the media will give you if you do that
Poch yes that is a good point
Lloris Also as you have seen in previous years if we do not start our major players, we struggle and you end up bringing players on in the second half to get a victory or worse we go out to a lesser side like Palace. No point saving me for a final if we never get there.
Poch I will assess the situation after our last training session

This conversation might not happen but if our players are to remain here and achieve things they have to play in the cups as well or in 4/5 years time they may only have high league places to celebrate like the Gooners.
Lets do what we did to Watford make say 4 changes and get a winning position early and then sub 3 more players. 6 days to the next match.

Lloris Boss you know when I signed the contract extension you said I could achieve my ambitions and win things at Spurs
Poch Yes
Lloris How can I do that if I and other major players are not playing Sunday?
Poch Well I have to look at the whole squad and who needs games and who needs a rest etc, etc
Lloris But as a GK I can manage all the games and it would be an honour to lead this club to an FA Cup final victory.
Poch, Just because you do not play in the early rounds does not mean you will not play in the final
Lloris Would that not be unfair on Vorm to play all the early rounds and then miss the final and think of the stick the media will give you if you do that
Poch yes that is a good point
Lloris Also as you have seen in previous years if we do not start our major players, we struggle and you end up bringing players on in the second half to get a victory or worse we go out to a lesser side like Palace. No point saving me for a final if we never get there.
Poch I will assess the situation after our last training session

This conversation might not happen but if our players are to remain here and achieve things they have to play in the cups as well or in 4/5 years time they may only have high league places to celebrate like the Gooners.
Lets do what we did to Watford make say 4 changes and get a winning position early and then sub 3 more players. 6 days to the next match.

OK....

Back
Top Bottom