The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

fair to say they got a
tumblr_me6qlqcE7a1r1d9pfo1_500.gif
After the excellent draw with the Scum a fortnight ago I commented, correctly, that the 100/1 then available on Spurs to win the League represented a value bet. I didn't suggest that Spurs would win the League, only that 100/1 seemed generous.

You then started a thread asking people to sin bin anyone suggesting that Spurs will win the League, but didn't see fit to mention me by name. You got slaughtered, but still feel that this ghastly negativity is appropriate, it seems.

Have a look at the current odds and come back to me.

Oddschecker | Betting Odds, Tips, Free Bets, Bookie Offers
28-1 now if we beat chavs reckon we will be 12s

Look at our next league fixtures. We should be up there by January. Hopefully we can keep it up.

Sun 29 Barclays Premier League Chelsea White Hart Lane 12:00

December 2015

Sat 05 Barclays Premier League West Brom The Hawthorns 15:00 T
Thu 10 UEFA Europa League Monaco White Hart Lane 20:05
Sun 13 Barclays Premier League Newcastle White Hart Lane 16:00
Sat 19 Barclays Premier League So'ton St. Mary's Stadium 15:00
Sat 26 Barclays Premier League Norwich White Hart Lane 15:00
Mon 28 Barclays Premier League Watford Vicarage Road 15:

Blimey , that was brilliant.
How wrong was ł about Poch and Dembele.For long periods his football could send you up
the old Swanee, but not now , and Dembele looks like a world class midfield general suddenly.
Please except my deepest apologies, my fellow Lillywhites .
Love is in the air .
Fair do's you harbinger of doom Mr Castro.
cheers_law_and_order.gif

.......That's probably fucked us.

i watch right now Ronnie O'Sullivan - Stuart Bingham ,demonstrative match,Live, in Bucharest,they are the kings of snooker!!! the arena is full and the score is 5-3 for Ronnie,but that doesn't matter,they make show!

I'm not struggling with anything pal.

You think we can challenge for the title. I don't think we'll get close to it. I fail to see how betting patterns demonstrate anything other then betting patterns. And if you aren't using it as proof that we can challenge for the title, why bring it up?

Newsflash: unbeaten in 12, 3rd best attack, 2nd best defence, 2nd best goal difference.

I brought up the 100/1 (4th favourites) after the Scum game because I felt (correctly) that those odds were not reflective of our chances. Two weeks later the best price you will get is 28/1.

Hilariously we are now 5th favourites though, as the Victims win yesterday has caused their odds to be slashed to 25/1.

yep the asian market will have inflated da Pool's price and credit should go to you for highlighting the 100/1 .
i know i got on it e/w

Dude got stabbed in a scrap before the game. West Ham fans flooded twitter saying Spurs fans had stabbed a child.

No link to Spurs fans and it was a 35 year old.
Saw red tape and about 10 officers guarding an area on the junction near the bricklayers. In hindsight it looked like detectives were looking about. At the time I thought someone had left a bag lying about. Lots of worried shop owners and Turks from the members club opposite.

Look at our next league fixtures. We should be up there by January. Hopefully we can keep it up.

Sun 29 Barclays Premier League Chelsea White Hart Lane 12:00

December 2015

Sat 05 Barclays Premier League West Brom The Hawthorns 15:00 T
Thu 10 UEFA Europa League Monaco White Hart Lane 20:05
Sun 13 Barclays Premier League Newcastle White Hart Lane 16:00
Sat 19 Barclays Premier League So'ton St. Mary's Stadium 15:00
Sat 26 Barclays Premier League Norwich White Hart Lane 15:00
Mon 28 Barclays Premier League Watford Vicarage Road 15:

West Brom away is a tough game, as Woolwich showed this w/e. I think the aim is to beat Chelsea, these three London games are very much in the mind as a block, so I wouldnt be surprised if we drew, or even lost that game. But I'd expect us to go straight back on a run after that.

Awesome comeback.

I'm not providing "proof" that Tottenham will win the League, simply that the 100/1 available 2 weeks ago represented excellent value. Subsequent market movements have vindicated my opinion. Why are you struggling so much with this simple concept, are you unwell?

Glad I took a punt two weeks ago at 80/1.

(Wasn't that confident so went for each way :levyeyes:)

You'll always be shit.
Youre fucking shit .
Na na na naaaaa, you 're shit

And at the last stragglers at the final whistle:
Why the fuck are you still here?

Aah yes we were on song today. Pretty sure they got the message.

Oh my days... Where do I even begin? What a performance, what a day, what a club.. This is as exciting a Spurs side that i've seen for a long time..The potential of this lot is frightening.
We are supposed to be a team of kids but what a mature display. We bullied them all over the place.
I actually ran out of the ground to gloat to the East London Shitbags but there was none there, the cowards left after 80 mins couldn't take it..
They were full of it before the game but were well and truly shut up and sent packing.
I fucking love this club and it's days like this that is the reason.. So so chuffed i'm bouncing about like a loon.

I got a text just after kick-off that 2 West Ham fans got stabbed outside the ground, not sure the full story as a few rumours are going about..
But for those West Ham fans who are calling us Scum, just to let you know that your classy fans were singing Viva Lazio and punch bags of Europe on a few occasions so don't be too quick to judge.Before anyone goes off on one, i'm not saying what happened was justified..
I'm surprised there was any trouble near the ground as there were full on armed police everywhere.

I'm only interested in the march at the moment and I will say it was our best performance for a while. Dembele has been a revelation this season.. Toby is one of the best signings we've made for some time.. Can't give that team enough credit.. To all of those who said Noble deserved a place in the England set up ahead of Dier or Alli.. oh dear..
Still buzzing..

Oh one more thing.... Andy Carroll.. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Last edited:
Newsflash: unbeaten in 12, 3rd best attack, 2nd best defence, 2nd best goal difference.

I brought up the 100/1 (4th favourites) after the Scum game because I felt (correctly) that those odds were not reflective of our chances. Two weeks later the best price you will get is 28/1.

Hilariously we are now 5th favourites though, as the Victims win yesterday has caused their odds to be slashed to 25/1.

Your first line is a valid point to back up the proposed Tottenham title challenge.

I'd counter it by saying it has been achieved a very high tempo game plan which will be harder to continue later on this season, and that if we lose Harry Kane before a new striker comes in (assuming one does) then it will be even harder to maintain. The great mistake to make with any trend is to assume it will continue.

Betting odds make no difference either way.

Back
Top Bottom