The Non League Football Thread ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

9786 at County

Outsung by 339 stones for all of the match.

I hope County get the automatic place, they are far and away the best footballing side in the National League. Really enjoyed the away trips up there, love Nottingham and it's a decent ground.

Monday is now a HUGE game (as if it wasn't already) for County and Wrexham.

County and Wrexham are 35 points clear of the last playoff team in 6th.
Imagine finishing that far ahead and not getting up. You would be sicker than a small hospital.

County and Wrexham are 35 points clear of the last playoff team in 6th.
Imagine finishing that far ahead and not getting up. You would be sicker than a small hospital.
It's bound to happen to one of them. My money is on it happening to Wrexham.

Chesterfield will go up, based mainly upon the fact that they don't deserve to.

That seems to be how it works.

Brilliant game of football. One of the best game I've seen all season. Both clubs deserve to go up and I hope that whoever finishes 2nd can get it done in the play offs.

Just watched the highlights. Glad to see Ben Figetting a bit of a swan song. Sounds like his Hollywood chairmen love him too.

Did some work for him when he played for United. Remember our guys saying how nice he was, which is not always the case. He was injured at the time so he was in the house. Think he might have even been on tea duties.

(As typing this I realised this is a pretty bittersweet memory as both the fitters on the job had personal issues and no longer alive - mental health is a bastard RIP - proper reminder to just be thankful for every day. This has gone a bit off tangent now.)

A few games with non-league implications that I’m interested in coming up. Hoping Lewes FC scrape into the playoffs for promotion to National South. Also hoping Crawley escape relegation to the NL. Both hopes look pretty difficult so likely to be adding to my Spurs misery as well. More interest and money seem to be flowing into the top tiers of non league, which is great for the game but makes promotion out very tricky. The stack of decent teams in the NL is huge now - pretty much every NL side would be credible in League 2.

A few games with non-league implications that I’m interested in coming up. Hoping Lewes FC scrape into the playoffs for promotion to National South. Also hoping Crawley escape relegation to the NL. Both hopes look pretty difficult so likely to be adding to my Spurs misery as well. More interest and money seem to be flowing into the top tiers of non league, which is great for the game but makes promotion out very tricky. The stack of decent teams in the NL is huge now - pretty much every NL side would be credible in League 2.
It's a nightmare division to get out of. Unless you get lucky, like Grimsby last season.

Phew! I thought it would be tough at Barnet & it absolutely was.

A loss there would probably have taken everything to the last game, away at Torquay.

I didn't think that it was going to happen today, to be honest.

Yeovil were up for it and Wrexham were feeling the nerves. But after the first goal went in, it was much better. Chesterfield are revving themselves up for the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom