The Point of Loyalty at Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This article is nonsense because most fans 16-25 dont have season tickets they are members. Apart from sunderland and everton the majority of our away games are sold to season ticket holders only.Members have the oppurtunity to buy tickets for home games and most have gone on general sale.The loyalty point scheme was changed because Whl doesnt sell out for cup games.season ticket holders do not generally go to cup games about 10k dont go.The club are trying to get st to get gold memberships .
Ive been a season ticket holder since 84.ive been at whl with 6k people there , I went to everton in the screen sports super cup away and there were 130 away fans.
I earnt those points, I was there when we were shit and the majority of our fans weren't interested.I sing as much as I did now as when I was ten.My son is 18 and doesnt sing at all.

The article is indeed nonsense. To appease one set of fans you fk off another set of fans. Should be a rolling year on year off scheme. The notion that 'we' just want the so called glamour ties is frankly insulting.

This article is nonsense because most fans 16-25 dont have season tickets they are members. Apart from sunderland and everton the majority of our away games are sold to season ticket holders only.Members have the oppurtunity to buy tickets for home games and most have gone on general sale.The loyalty point scheme was changed because Whl doesnt sell out for cup games.season ticket holders do not generally go to cup games about 10k dont go.The club are trying to get st to get gold memberships .
Ive been a season ticket holder since 84.ive been at whl with 6k people there , I went to everton in the screen sports super cup away and there were 130 away fans.
I earnt those points, I was there when we were shit and the majority of our fans weren't interested.I sing as much as I did now as when I was ten.My son is 18 and doesnt sing at all.
That is patently not the truth.

It is pretty easy to get tickets to away matches as a member, except for the London ones.

EDIT: Just seen Buckler's response above.

The article is indeed nonsense. To appease one set of fans you fk off another set of fans. Should be a rolling year on year off scheme. The notion that 'we' just want the so called glamour ties is frankly insulting.

Thing is, there are undoubtedly some ST holders who are there just for the "glamour" ties. But then again, they have been going for x amount of years so why not I suppose. Everyone's time will come if you go regularly enough.

Maybe. But I doubt it:ossie:

And aren't Platinum STs reserved for the most Spursy motherfuckers? Not JCLs :adegrin2:

I got first season ticket when I was 18 back in 2005. I made sure I got an away season ticket straight away which got me tickets for every single game. There was no waiting list for away season tickets, and I think that is still the case.

And do you live in Norway? Or you lived here at the time.

Can't see many people stretching to that in their first season. As no waiting list would confirm.
The problem with the away season ticket, as I am lead to believe, is that you pay a fixed rate and the total cost of the tickets may actually be below or above that price depending on what the home team wants us to pay. Spurs will not refund if you overspend.

*If this is wrong, I am sorry. I just heard it from someone who goes to all the away games.*

Thing is, there are undoubtedly some ST holders who are there just for the "glamour" ties. But then again, they have been going for x amount of years so why not I suppose. Everyone's time will come if you go regularly enough.
Spot on. They put the time and money in to earn those Woolwich/Chelsea away tickets. Until I've put the miles in I don't deserve tickets for those games.

The problem with the away season ticket, as I am lead to believe, is that you pay a fixed rate and the total cost of the tickets may actually be below or above that price depending on what the home team wants us to pay. Spurs will not refund if you overspend.

*If this is wrong, I am sorry. I just heard it from someone who goes to all the away games.*

You don't get a refund, but you'll get a discount on your season ticket the following season. At least this is how it worked a few years back.

One season they charged us less than the actual cost, and they seemed to let us get away with that.

And do you live in Norway? Or you lived here at the time.

Can't see many people stretching to that in their first season. As no waiting list would confirm.

I was living in Tottenham at the time, so it made things a lot easier.

Think they have a limit of maximum 500 platinum season ticket holders, and last time I heard they had about 450 on the list.

It's nice to have the LPs and get the tickets yourself but if you know enough Spurs fans you can always pick up a ticket.

This is a difficult article to write. It goes against the self-interest of the majority of our loyal, match-going fan base and takes a view not often seen in Spurs social media circles. Many have vented their outrage at the clubs actions and I’m sure they will continue to do so after reading this. However, I feel that there is another side to the story, one that’s not often voiced that needs to be said and needs to be heard by the […]

Continue reading...
It's actually of little relevance, unless people just get a kick out of having loads of points. I have had a season ticket for 15 years and lost half my points last year. That said, I still had twice the amount of points required to apply for an Woolwich ticket this year.

If a Bronze member somehow becomes a ST holder, then even though they will start with 0 points they will still beat a Bronze member with 800 points in priority for tickets every time - don't see a problem there.
However if an ST holder downgrades to a Bronze then yes it's harsh that they start from 0 points; they should keep their total. Don't imagine there are many cases of this though.

Your right, that's my big gripe. I have had my season ticket for 15 years, and if I hit hard times and had to drop down to becoming a member, I would have to start from scratch. I agree that ST holders should have priority, but surely an ex ST holder should be able to take their point with them. It amazes me the club can't see this !!

Back
Top Bottom