The Point of Loyalty at Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
This is a difficult article to write. It goes against the self-interest of the majority of our loyal, match-going fan base and takes a view not often seen in Spurs social media circles. Many have vented their outrage at the clubs actions and I’m sure they will continue to do so after reading this. However, I feel that there is another side to the story, one that’s not often voiced that needs to be said and needs to be heard by the […]

Continue reading...

I worried where the article was going at first but thankfully it turned around.

The system is fair. Personally I cringe at people going "I lost 53453498 points" like they're trying to prove that they're more Spursy than anyone who now has more points than them.

Demand isn't at a level where loyalty points can't be obtained easily, so everyone who wants "loyalty points" can get them by putting in the mileage.

I worried where the article was going at first but thankfully it turned around.

The system is fair. Personally I cringe at people going "I lost 53453498 points" like they're trying to prove that they're more Spursy than anyone who now has more points than them.

Demand isn't at a level where loyalty points can't be obtained easily, so everyone who wants "loyalty points" can get them by putting in the mileage.
I know what you're saying but the people losing loads of points have already put in the mileage...

It works well. If you want to stay 'top of the tree' its dead simple - keep attending games. I've lost hundreds of points in the cull, but it doesn't bother me cause I know I will attend enough games in a season to 'top up' them lost points.

The only losers are folk who cherry picked the big games whilst sitting on a mountain of previously earned points.

I know what you're saying but the people losing loads of points have already put in the mileage...
But obviously not the same amount of mileage in the past 4 years (if the loss has actually impacted on them in real terms).

I expect this will stay pretty much the same from now on (until the new stadium). Some will move up the brackets. Those resting on their laurels will move down brackets. #fair

Number of Loyalty Points, Number of Season Ticket Holders
000 - 099, 706
100 - 199, 9,336
200 - 299, 8.285
300 - 399, 1,897
400 - 499, 541
500 - 599, 274
600+, 302

Good article; we need to keep on growing our fan base, and WHL could do with some more youthful enthusiasm!
'Youthful enthusiasm' is something we are losing each day with our high ticket prices. I've already thrown in the towel, like many others who support Premier League clubs at my age

Looking at the LP list ST numbers are well below the 25k that the club publicised before.

In regards to the article lets say a 20 year old joins the ST waiting list today. Still minimum of 10 years and thousands of pounds from getting a ticket to the Scum game through normal channels.
Members are not going to get a sniff of those tickets.

Don't really think the change in LPs has affected anybody except ST holders - and even that is only slightly in favour of the newer ST holders.
If I still had my ST I would be tempted to apply for tickets for all matches just to boost my points tbh.

I've said this before, the club need to have some sort of system for Spurs fans abroad, the ones who can only attend every now and again when they finally get to come to the UK. If renewing a membership and thus keeping hold of your loyalty points no longer assists in this then what's the alternative?

I've said this before, the club need to have some sort of system for Spurs fans abroad, the ones who can only attend every now and again when they finally get to come to the UK. If renewing a membership and thus keeping hold of your loyalty points no longer assists in this then what's the alternative?

How is this gonna work? Are someone from Australia gonna get the same number of points as someone from Norway? And is a Spurs fan in Paris more loyal than a Spurs fan in Carlisle if they attend equal amount of games?

If you're a member with 0 points you're still likely to get tickets to 75% of Spurs games during the season. The loyalty point system isn't perfect, but I find no better solution. The only thing I don't agree with is that if you go from being a ST holder to a member or the other way around, you start on 0 points egardless of how many games you've attended. That's not fair.

How is this gonna work? Are someone from Australia gonna get the same number of points as someone from Norway? And is a Spurs fan in Paris more loyal than a Spurs fan in Carlisle if they attend equal amount of games?

If you're a member with 0 points you're still likely to get tickets to 75% of Spurs games during the season. The loyalty point system isn't perfect, but I find no better solution. The only thing I don't agree with is that if you go from being a ST holder to a member or the other way around, you start on 0 points egardless of how many games you've attended. That's not fair.

Nothing to do with points, I meant they should have a system where someone from abroad CAN purchase a ticket, whether via booking a flight with a partner or some other way. Some sort of package.

No point in being a platinum when you have my points. Means I dont have money taken out of my account without my permission and I get to pick and choose games so my entire leave entitlement doesnt get sucked up by Spurs.

The only thing I don't agree with is that if you go from being a ST holder to a member or the other way around, you start on 0 points egardless of how many games you've attended. That's not fair.
If a Bronze member somehow becomes a ST holder, then even though they will start with 0 points they will still beat a Bronze member with 800 points in priority for tickets every time - don't see a problem there.
However if an ST holder downgrades to a Bronze then yes it's harsh that they start from 0 points; they should keep their total. Don't imagine there are many cases of this though.

Back
Top Bottom