The poll from hell.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which managerial candidate from this shortlist?

• Potter

Votes: 26 19.0%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 38 27.7%
  • Rodgers

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Enrique

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • They're all shit can we just sack Levy?

Votes: 53 38.7%
  • Fuck this shit bring on FC Hotspur of Tottenham

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Phillip Schofield

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We need a manager now and the right one, he has to come now and sort the squad, get rid of dead woods and bring in players he wants.

If Levy tries to save 2 months salary and employ someone by August then you may write off 2023/24 season.

" I don't see Potter doing any better for us than he did for Chelsea. Postecoglou sounds intriguing and would certainly be a new direction for the club; especially with his fellow Aussie Munn as a nominal DoF."

Are we going to be playing Aussie Rules football then?

We need a manager now and the right one, he has to come now and sort the squad, get rid of dead woods and bring in players he wants.

If Levy tries to save 2 months salary and employ someone by August then you may write off 2023/24 season.
You just mentioned our main problem. "LEVY"

Since when did Levy get the players that our manager wanted?

We are going nowhere until Levy sells or takes his hands off of football operations.

Of those for me it’s postecoglou

Genuinely enjoy watching his Celtic side, and the whole argument about him being crap in Europe is all well and good but Celtic get disgusting groups every year

The only one I’d want to have a gamble on

Sorry I think you should address him by his proper title: The Greek Guardiola.

crowd-laughing.gif

Success for Celtic is not a credential. It’s a given in Scottish football.

if that’s the list then Kane is definitely going. But if I had to pick one it would be Potter. Loved his work at Brighton.

Can't say this enough, a small child from a yet undiscovered tribe who has never seen a TV let alone football could win the league with Celtic. They are playing teams who have players on a fraction of the salary of Celtic players, guys on 750 a week. It's almost farcical to even consider this guy. If he'd won the league with Hibs l, Aberdeen Kilmarnock etc you would know you have genius.

The fact they were humiliated in Europe tells you what you need to know. Let him go to championship and see how he gets on...

Potter has been helpfully found out at Chavs. He looked dreadful under pressure, couldn’t gain any credibility with players and looked way out of his depth. If this truly is the list - and I really hope it isn’t - then I’d go for Postecoglou. He’s done an excellent job at Celtic. But I’d rather have Poch back if I’m honest. Levy has really fucked this shit up.

If this Aussie bloke was appointed by one of our supposed 'rivals' all those wanking over him on here now would be all over it like a rash and laughing at them.
We aren't Brighton and Postecoglu isn't De Zerbi. Let me say that clearly.

But the thing about Postecoglu is that he seems to have a reputation for playing interesting, fun football, not unlike the also quite thin De Zerbi resume.

Does that inspire confidence? Absolutely not. But it intrigues.

Can't say this enough, a small child from a yet undiscovered tribe who has never seen a TV let alone football could win the league with Celtic. They are playing teams who have players on a fraction of the salary of Celtic players, guys on 750 a week. It's almost farcical to even consider this guy. If he'd won the league with Hibs l, Aberdeen Kilmarnock etc you would know you have genius.

The fact they were humiliated in Europe tells you what you need to know. Let him go to championship and see how he gets on...

Couldn’t agree more. Neil fucking Lennon was successful at Celtic at one point. Every manager is successful at Celtic. Won’t even bother next season if we are going this mediocre again (aka Nuno mark 2 )

Partick Thistle manager Kris Doolan
Just beaten Ayr 8-0 on aggregate, definitely a name to consider.

Kris Doolan: "I think it's a statement of the way we want to play, of how good we can be and what's coming.

"That's how we've approached every game, we've not sat back. We've come into the play-offs strong and we'll get strong as the games go on.

"When you score goals, you feel great. When you're winning games, your legs don't feel as tired.

"Winning breeds winning. We've set up a winning environment. Even in training, our boys compete like that."

Couldn’t agree more. Neil fucking Lennon was successful at Celtic at one point. Every manager is successful at Celtic. Won’t even bother next season if we are going this mediocre again (aka Nuno mark 2 )
None of these are levels of play anywhere near the PL, but Postecoglu has also won four titles in Australia, one in Japan, and an Asian Cup (winning the final in extra time after Sonny had leveled it with the last kick of the ball in regulation) with the Aussie national team.

If you don't like that resume, I'd better not hear you advocating for Marcelo Gallardo, let me say that much.

None of these are levels of play anywhere near the PL, but Postecoglu has also won four titles in Australia, one in Japan, and an Asian Cup (winning the final in extra time after Sonny had leveled it with the last kick of the ball in regulation) with the Aussie national team.

If you don't like that resume, I'd better not hear you advocating for Marcelo Gallardo, let me say that much.

He’s never managed in a competitive league in Europe mate so as far as I’m concerned he isn’t the right manager to take us forward. Titles in Japan and Australia says it all mate. Would be an absolute joke appointment.

He’s never managed in a competitive league in Europe mate so as far as I’m concerned he isn’t the right manager to take us forward. Titles in Japan and Australia says it all mate. Would be an absolute joke appointment.
It's funny, I thought Nagelsmann was the best candidate, but I was less positive on him than this board generally so I found myself criticizing him a lot. I think Postecoglu is a terrible idea but I think the board is being unreasonably harsh on him so here I am defending his record.

It's funny, I thought Nagelsmann was the best candidate, but I was less positive on him than this board generally so I found myself criticizing him a lot. I think Postecoglu is a terrible idea but I think the board is being unreasonably harsh on him nonetheless.

Nagelsmann has got previous in taking a team like Hoffenheim to the CL etc which far outweighs some Celtic manager winning an Australian title ffs. The Scottish league is probably the worst league to base a manager on because almost every single manager that is appointed by Celtic ends up being successful one way or the other. He would be such an horribly underwhelming appointment.

Nagelsmann has got previous in taking a team like Hoffenheim to the CL etc which far outweighs some Celtic manager winning an Australian title ffs.
Yeah, no, to be clear, Nagelsmann is a much, much stronger candidate than Postecoglu.

I'd say we should just give Nagelsmann whatever he was after in his initial discussions with the club, but that has proven to be an utterly toxic dynamic for Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom