The poll from hell.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which managerial candidate from this shortlist?

• Potter

Votes: 26 19.0%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 38 27.7%
  • Rodgers

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Enrique

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • They're all shit can we just sack Levy?

Votes: 53 38.7%
  • Fuck this shit bring on FC Hotspur of Tottenham

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Phillip Schofield

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry to diss the Scottish league but ffs put Donald Duck in charge of Celtic and he’d win the league! Yes Postecoglu has done well at his level but the English premier league is brutal, he rocked up at Celtic with no back room staff just himself, which perhaps is not a bad thing Levy will be delighted……he will need advice guidance Mr Mason sir over to you AGAIN and so the cycle begins….

Winning the league isn't the point mate. If we get Ange in, it's not because he tore up the Scottish League. It's because of his coaching ability and what he can do with the squads at his disposal.

He may just flop. But no more likely to flop than Arne Slot, that's for sure. And I'd have loved Slot.

Sorry to diss the Scottish league but ffs put Donald Duck in charge of Celtic and he’d win the league! Yes Postecoglu has done well at his level but the English premier league is brutal, he rocked up at Celtic with no back room staff just himself, which perhaps is not a bad thing Levy will be delighted……he will need advice guidance Mr Mason sir over to you AGAIN and so the cycle begins….
Celtic and Rangers should really be part of EFL like Cardiff and Swansea...

Two different managers have gone invincible in Scotland in recent years and broken the 100+ point mark, one of them is on this list, in fact he had a season which was far more impressive than Ange's..

But he's a joke and the worst option whereas Ange is exciting, why? Because Ange hasn't had a chance to fall on his face in the Premier League yet. Rodgers DOMINATED Scotland, he looked like Pep. Celtic were amazing.

Again, Ange might make that step up, but anyone acting like it wouldn't be a big risk on someone very unqualified at this level is kidding themselves & everyone else.

Wasn’t Rodgers in Celtic during a time when Rangers were historically bad?

I'd agree with you if it didn't cause so many clear issues on the PSG side.

It may be that Poch was just trying to use Spurs to entrench his position there, but the situation was real enough that it spurred action on their end.
If there was any smoke, it was a smokescreen to gain leverage at PSG. No one in their right mind leaves 3 of the best players on the planet at a spend happy club to come manage Dier and PEH for Tottenham and tight wad Levy.

Rodgers took over Celtic at their utmost dominant with Rangers just promoted to a Scottish Premier League and won with a team that was 10x better than anything else in that league. What he achieved wasn't far more impressive at all.

Ange took over when Celtic were in their worst spot in 50+ years. They finished 25 points behind Rangers and even went a season trophyless for the first time in a decade before Ange rocked up and proceeded to win a league and Cup double in his debut season, which was alot more of a competitive league than when Rodgers was involved and now followed that up with a potential treble.

Again, it's not about winning in the Scottish League. It's about the coaching. Neil Lennon can win a Scottish League. He's proven it. But his teams weren't particularly coached well. Just had a better team. Rodgers teams were coached better, but fucking Pep? Tell me you didn't watch Celtic without telling me you didn't watch Celtic. His teams weren't anything special footballing wise. He just had a team full of Moussa Dembeles, Nchams and Edouards who were just far superior to anything the league had, which during his best season there had fucking Aberdeen as the challengers to his title.

It's fine not to want Ange. But to go on like Rodgers Celtic were better all because of an honours list is just completely lazy and practically wrong on all levels. There's a reason most Celtic fans prefer watching their team under Ange.

Yeah you're just completely wrong on every single level. Celtic fans WORSHIPPED Rodgers, they couldn't believe the football they were playing. They got an insane points tally, couldn't be beaten and were dominating games to a silly degree.

If Spurs were linked to a wet lettuce you'd make out it was a prime ribeye, that's just how it is. Ange is an unproven coach in a backwater league doing a reasonable job having taken over from a league 2 level coach. His biggest rival is Michael Beale.

Celtic fans might chat shit about Rodgers now, because he walked out on them for Leicester, but they sucked his dick incredibly hard when he was there, same as they do now with Ange. Because to that league a Potter would be like Cruyff. It is fucking Scotland.

Not that I even think you watch Celtic, like at all. No way you're turning on Scottish League games. You're going off what Celtic fans say, same as everyone else. And pretending that means he's a sure shot because its what you want to believe.

Being in charge of Celtic should be enough to bar you from any job in a big league. Fucking pub league twats.

Rather keep Mason than either one of those fuckwits.

It's a big risk but it's no bigger a risk than Arse took in employing untested at any level Arteta. Postman Ange's team is trained to play like Pep's City, the style of football is good to watch and if we are not going to seriously challenge for any trophies under ENIC then all we can hope for is some entertaining football.

Yes it's easy to manage Celtic, but there is a big difference in how let's say a Martin O Neil or Neil Lennon had their Celtic teams playing compared to how postman Ange demands his teams play.

Concentrate on the style and not the success

Ok, then hire Rodgers. He's free and had Celtic dominating and hitting 106 points. They absolutely had a style.

Oh wait, no. Because he's not fashionable anymore. That's the only thing that puts Ange ahead of him. Not style, not achievements, nada. Fashion - one is 'in' and the other ain't.

Ange just would be a low ambition punt because anyone else more proven who also has a record getting teams to play good football are off the table - that's it.

Ok, then hire Rodgers. He's free and had Celtic dominating and hitting 106 points. They absolutely had a style.

Oh wait, no. Because he's not fashionable anymore. That's the only thing that puts Ange ahead of him. Not style, not achievements, nada. Fashion - one is 'in' and the other ain't.

Ange just would be a low ambition punt because anyone else more proven who also has a record getting teams to play good football are off the table - that's it.
Well, he did win a FA cup...to his credit.

do you know who also smashed scotland's league just a couple years ago?
this guy

Steven Gerrard Coach GIF by Rangers Football Club

this guy

Any by all accounts, looked great!

I mean, fuck knows if its true (other than the odd EL game where yeah, they looked pretty exciting, I don't watch Rangers or Celtic. Any more than I watch the Bosnian league.)

Yeah you're just completely wrong on every single level. Celtic fans WORSHIPPED Rodgers, they couldn't believe the football they were playing. They got an insane points tally, couldn't be beaten and were dominating games to a silly degree.

If Spurs were linked to a wet lettuce you'd make out it was a prime ribeye, that's just how it is. Ange is an unproven coach in a backwater league doing a reasonable job having taken over from a league 2 level coach. His biggest rival is Michael Beale.

Celtic fans might chat shit about Rodgers now, because he walked out on them for Leicester, but they sucked his dick incredibly hard when he was there, same as they do now with Ange. Because to that league a Potter would be like Cruyff. It is fucking Scotland.

Not that I even think you watch Celtic, like at all. No way you're turning on Scottish League games. You're going off what Celtic fans say, same as everyone else. And pretending that means he's a sure shot because its what you want to believe.

Mate, I'm half Scottish, half Nigerian. My Dad's a Celtic fan who goes every single fucking week. I didn't just fucking pluck Anges name out of a manager generetor.

Rodgers came following Deila, who was a lovely guy but had them playing some really dire stuff. He played the best football in the league involving closest challengers Aberdeen and a newly promoted Rangers side who had 56 year old Kenny Miller up top.

Considering I don't want Rogers, the second statement is quite obviously wrong. I want good coaches who are likeable managing my football club.

I've seen enough Celtic to know how good of a coach Ange is. Especially in comparison to every other person who's managed them in the last decade.

Like I've said, he may flop in the Premier League but anyone could. But he's no worse a coach than Arne Slot from watching both Feyenoord and Celtic and the way both teams go about playing football. Yes, you can be dominant in a league like Celtic are but there's absolutely no reason for them to be so playing the football they do.

And you're right about managerial choices like a Potter up there. They could hire Big Sam, win the league dominantly up there but I bet you now they wouldn't play football anywhere near as good and be as happy as they are right now with Ange.

Mate, I'm half Scottish, half Nigerian. My Dad's a Celtic fan who goes every single fucking week. I didn't just fucking pluck Anges name out of a manager generetor.

Rodgers came following Deila, who was a lovely guy but had them playing some really dire stuff. He played the best football in the league involving closest challengers Aberdeen and a newly promoted Rangers side who had 56 year old Kenny Miller up top.

Considering I don't want Rogers, the second statement is quite obviously wrong. I want good coaches who are likeable managing my football club.

I've seen enough Celtic to know how good of a coach Ange is. Especially in comparison to every other person who's managed them in the last decade.

Like I've said, he may flop in the Premier League but anyone could. But he's no worse a coach than Arne Slot from watching both Feyenoord and Celtic and the way both teams go about playing football. Yes, you can be dominant in a league like Celtic are but there's absolutely no reason for them to be so playing the football they do.

And you're right about managerial choices like a Potter up there. They could hire Big Sam, win the league dominantly up there but I bet you now they wouldn't play football anywhere near as good and be as happy as they are right now with Ange.

No you haven't, you know shit all. Making them out to be prime fucking Barcelona, they lost 3-0 to Michael Beale's Rangers last week and had 1 shot on target. His record in Europe is god awful but he's got them playing pretty stuff vs mostly pub players and a broken down Rangers, and you're acting like you know he's brilliant.

And yeah, you did pluck Ange out of nowhere. Just like you being incredibly convinced about Slot was plucked from nowhere. Unless you're also half Dutch and an avid watcher of the Eredivisie. Truth is that you don't have a clue how good these guys really are yet - and nor do our board. That's why they're higher risk targets.

this guy

Rangers fans were after his blood until COVID hit and that break pretty much saved him from the sack at the time.

But they are nowhere near the same. Gerrard won a trophy at his 9th attempt against one of the worst Celtic teams ever. Ange has lost 1 of 5 trophies he's been involved in and on course for a treble. Ange pretty much wiped the floor with him and caused him to fuck off to Villa.

Gerrard did a good job at Rangers. No one would dispute that. But Ange has most people in Scotland agreeing that he has Celtic playing the best football they've seen in the leagues history.

Can't see them being better than Spam. As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather swerve all the bullshit that comes with those 2 clubs. Leave them in Scotland.
I think it would make them and the league as a whole better.

Their rivalry itself is pretty famous over the world and would bring in more revenue.

No you haven't, you know shit all. Making them out to be prime fucking Barcelona, they lost 3-0 to Michael Beale's Rangers last week and had 1 shot on target. His record in Europe is god awful but he's got them playing pretty stuff vs mostly pub players and a broken down Rangers, and you're acting like you know he's brilliant.

And yeah, you did pluck Ange out of nowhere. Just like you being incredibly convinced about Slot was plucked from nowhere. Unless you're also half Dutch and an avid watcher of the Eredivisie. Truth is that you don't have a clue how good these guys really are yet - and nor do our board. That's why they're higher risk targets.

Nope. You're the one who mentioned Brendan and Pep in the same sentence mate, not me. I said he has Celtic playing the best football they've probably ever played. There's a difference.

But stick to your lazy and predictable narratives.

Nope. You're the one who mentioned Brendan and Pep in the same sentence mate, not me. I said he has Celtic playing the best football they've probably ever played. There's a difference.

But stick to your lazy and predictable narratives.

Because he led them to an invincible season and 106 points. But apparently his football paled in comparison to 3 losses 3 draws Postegoclu. What was he getting them to do, wheelies?

Yeah yeah. Just keep cooking up bullshit about how you KNOW these coaches in leagues outside the top 10 are great, you don't. You don't have a clue, the professionals even don't which is why they rarely take these punts and Ange is a backup option to the backup.

Someone should make up a coach in the Madagascan league and get him linked to Spurs. Within a week we'd be hearing from you about how wonderful he is and how he'd get Spurs playing again.

I'm ok with Rodgers tbh, again it's not about points domination or trophies it's about the style of football. I don't like how people call him a weirdo and stuff like that, it's kind of derogatory and cruel but it's easy to be like that on the internet i guess.

I was very much in favour of Howe to replace Mourinho a few years ago, again I liked the way his teams passed the ball and created chances. Howe was dismissed by the majority of Spurs fans as useless and not good enough for this amazingly, fantastic, successful, massive super club. :contefacepalm2:

Again controversial with a section of Spurs fans who just hated him no matter what, but I loved Redknapp as our manager. Every game we went out and played good football, tried to create chances, score goals. Yes it was simple stuff but it was a fun time.

Too many of us are deluded. We really need to get back to basis, create an identity and reputation of modern attacking football, give more youngs players a chance, we need to be more humble in everything we do as a club because until we actually achieve something in the present and stop living off past glories we will continue to be a laughing stock.

I'm not saying it has to be postman Ange and noone else, just that I wouldn't dismiss him as a candidate based on what he has won or hasn't won or which leagues he has managed in. I'm looking at managers who preach attacking possession based football, who are not scared to have a go and not just sit back and bore everyone to death.

Back
Top Bottom