The poll from hell.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which managerial candidate from this shortlist?

• Potter

Votes: 26 19.0%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 38 27.7%
  • Rodgers

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Enrique

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • They're all shit can we just sack Levy?

Votes: 53 38.7%
  • Fuck this shit bring on FC Hotspur of Tottenham

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Phillip Schofield

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The top tier managers are off the table so the best we can do is wait for Levy to make his decision and support whoever he chooses. It may not be the manager we wanted but it might still work out. As the TV advert says, it all starts with a chance.

The last thing the new manager will need is backseat drivers saying he's the wrong fit and refusing to give him a go.

I would say Rodgers is the wildcard of the pack. Could be brilliant, could be an absolute disaster. I've said that I don't think he's entirely to blame for the situation at Leicester so there could be a good manager in there somewhere.

I don't see Potter doing any better for us than he did for Chelsea. Postecoglou sounds intriguing and would certainly be a new direction for the club; especially with his fellow Aussie Munn as a nominal DoF. Could be quite the dream team. Luis Enrique sounds like Conte 2.0.

On balance, I would say Rodgers is the best of the bunch. Sound Premier League experience, reputation for attacking football, has even bagged a few trophies. Ticks most of the boxes. I wouldn't give him a five year contract, I would give him a two year contract like we did with Nuno and if he does well we talk about a longer deal.

Why is everyone against Potter ?
He had a disaster at Chelski but built a decent team at Brighton. They were 4th when he left.
For my part, I'm fucking tired of hiring Chelsea cast offs. We've now done it with 3 of the past 5 permanent appointments. (And 3 out of 4, if you consider Nuno a substitute teacher).

My only requirement at this point is that we appoint someone in no way connected to that club.

Postecoglou would be alright tbh. Seems a decent bloke. Promotes football that isn’t total fucking dog shit to watch.

It won’t matter of course, because no matter who we get, our squad is still going to be full of rejects and the bald overlord will still be dipping his beak in everywhere.

We should have gone with Slot. Absolutely criminal that Levy didn’t do what was needed to get him. But it is what it is, if it’s the Australian bloke I’d be alright with that. If it’s Rodgers, Potter or Enrique I’m taking a year off.

Hopefully adding Brendan to this list will mean it doesn’t happen

Pop Tv Please GIF by One Day At A Time

I don't think any of those will take the job if offered, ENIC are too toxic, people in football know it.

I don't think any of those will take the job if offered, ENIC are too toxic, people in football know it.
Are you serious? Rodgers is probably already waiting outside Levy’s office for Monday morning.

Not so sure about the other three, although it’s probably the best job that Potter could get after his Chelsea disaster.

Postecoglou. Sort of feels the best fit, knows Munn which might help and the ever savvy Brighton wanted him but its more about the other options.

Rodgers is just weird, a bloody unlikeable oddball, fresh off the back of taking a half decent Leicester side down. Luis Enrique would storm out after 3 months and Potter just feels a bit weak and ex Chelsea but makes it 2nd on this list almost by default.
All what you're saying Postecoglou is the best of what's available in the list.

Are you serious? Rodgers is probably already waiting outside Levy’s office for Monday morning.

Not so sure about the other three, although it’s probably the best job that Potter could get after his Chelsea disaster.
Yeah, people are getting a little carried away with the negativity. The idea that someone would turn down millions of pounds to manage one of the 10 richest clubs in the world is ridiculous. There are people who would turn us down for different reasons, but not a whole lot. I don't think anyone on that list would.

Regarding the new poll options, I think you'd be hardpressed to push through FC Hotspur of Tottenham and not fall afoul of trademark laws. I'd love to see a non-league startup though.

Rodgers has criticized the board in the past, so if he ever comes here it's going to be out of desperation.
Potter is rumoured to be going to Nice, we are a much bigger club but it's not necessarily a better job. The chairman is delusional and has no plan and undermines every manager.

Yeah, people are getting a little carried away with the negativity. The idea that someone would turn down millions of pounds to manage one of the 10 richest clubs in the world is ridiculous. There are people who would turn us down for different reasons, but not a whole lot. I don't think anyone on that list would.

Regarding the new poll options, I think you'd be hardpressed to push through FC Hotspur of Tottenham and not fall afoul of trademark laws. I'd love to see a non-league startup though.
After going from Conte to Poch to Fonseca to Gattuso to Nuno in 2021 I am ready for literally anything.

I’m happy now to go with the Celtic guy, a decent punt imo. The problem will remain however that we need to get rid of up to twelve of the current squad and bring in five or six quality new players who are ready to slot straight in. Years of poor recruitment/ player disposal and any number of questionable decisions by Levy & Co have led us here- imo there will be no quick fix especially if ENIC remain at the helm.COYS.

A lot of that was clickbait, just as this will be. 90% of anything posted is baseless speculation. Some posts some speculation, 10 other accounts parrot it, then suddenly its "real". Except it's not.
I omitted the stuff that was clickbait.

It's not clear quite what happened with Poch. But the other four were very publicly on the doorstep of the role before Levy walked away from the table on Conte in a huff (note: mirroring what happened with Naglesmann), Fonseca and Paratici had their failed summit on planning for the team, the fans revolted against Gattuso due to his off-color comments, and then Nuno.

A ton of bullshit gets thrown around. But that's a saga we know quite a bit about.

Back
Top Bottom