The positivity thread: evAngelists only

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kristen Bell Idk GIF by Team Coco
Yes, but isn't it lovely to know that Daniel Levy Himself has awarded me a Pre-Sale Window, so I can give him some money. I'd be a fool not to accept this exclusive offer, wouldn't I? Not many people get a chance to buy before other people can buy - even if it's for a ticket to a gig for some cunt I've never heard of?
What do you reckon?

Yes, but isn't it lovely to know that Daniel Levy Himself has awarded me a Pre-Sale Window, so I can give him some money. I'd be a fool not to accept this exclusive offer, wouldn't I? Not many people get a chance to buy before other people can buy - even if it's for a ticket to a gig for some cunt I've never heard of?
What do you reckon?

I feel that you should be extremely grateful, quite frankly!

He's got his work cut out for him, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

As much as I hate it though, I can see Chavs being more of a threat next season. It feels insanely competitive now.

By my estimation, next season we'll be in a fight with:

Definitely:

City
Pool*
Arse
Chavs
Utd
Villa

* Always a possibly they will nose-dive when Klippity Klopp trots off.

Probably:

Nu-castle.

Possibly:

Spam? Not sure what effect Lopetegui will have. I'll assume they are still shit.

He's got his work cut out for him, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

As much as I hate it though, I can see Chavs being more of a threat next season. It feels insanely competitive now.

By my estimation, next season we'll be in a fight with:

Definitely:

City
Pool*
Arse
Chavs
Utd
Villa

* Always a possibly they will nose-dive when Klippity Klopp trots off.

Probably:

Nu-castle.

Possibly:

Spam? Not sure what effect Lopetegui will have. I'll assume they are still shit.
Spam will never be in the mix. They will keep celebrating the Donald Duck Cup thingy.

ANGE POSTECOGLOU COACH WATCH

old article but quite an interesting one that goes in depth about his formation and tactics, and how he has tweaked and changed it over time.

per example:

Central spaces

Postecoglou demonstrated his coaching versatility when using a back three and an in-possession 3-4-2-1 with Australia, at both the 2017 Confederations Cup and in qualification for the 2018 World Cup. Two central number 10s operated close to the striker, while the wing-backs provided the team’s width (below). In Aaron Mooy, Jackson Irvine, Tom Rogic and Massimo Luongo, Australia had plenty of quality in midfield. Understandably, Postecoglou chose a formation to suit their strengths.

_______

its a good read for fans of tactics

"Your team is gassed"

One game a week. All season. One. For fuck sake, sometimes less than that.
Despite the usual moans about teams having to play TOO many games in a season, I honestly think we've suffered from ONLY playing the bare minimum, and even having THOSE disrupted with postponements/fixture changes etc...

We've had several massive 2 week gaps between some games throughout, whereas other team have played 3 or 4 games in that time.

Match sharpness can't be underestimated...
The fact we lost several players to injury in TRAINING as well as in matches speaks volumes...

As dangerous as driving too fast on the motorway is, sometimes, driving TOO SLOWLY can be just as hazardous!!

I don't think we're 'gassed' having only played 38 games ... I just think we've never really been match fit BECAUSE we've only played 38 games!

...especially given the high intensity that Ange demands!

I thought Travis was a band. Not a huge one, but good. Had a few of their CD's back when we had CD's.

You've got it;
Jacques Bermon Webster II, known professionally as Travis Scott, formerly stylized as Travi$ Scott, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer. Throughout his career, Scott has achieved four number-one hits on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, along with a total of over one hundred charting songs.
Born: 30 April 1991 (age 33 years),
Houston, Texas, United

Best known song...Why does it always rain on me Blud!!

You've got it;
Jacques Bermon Webster II, known professionally as Travis Scott, formerly stylized as Travi$ Scott, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer. Throughout his career, Scott has achieved four number-one hits on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, along with a total of over one hundred charting songs.
Born: 30 April 1991 (age 33 years),
Houston, Texas, United

Best known song...Why does it always rain on me Blud!!
Thanks. I was thinking of a band from Scotland. Really good one, in fact.

MORNING YIDDOS!!

...having seen the Aurora Borealis over NORTH EAST LONDON last night, I'm feeling ridiculously positive today!

Today, (and tomorrow), ONLY GOOD THINGS can happen!

I know plenty of people must've seen it last night, but it's only SPURS fans who can get to rename them as the: LUCAS MOUAURORA BOREALIS! :lucasl:

MORNING YIDDOS!!

...having seen the Aurora Borealis over NORTH EAST LONDON last night, I'm feeling ridiculously positive today!

Today, (and tomorrow), ONLY GOOD THINGS can happen!

I know plenty of people must've seen it last night, but it's only SPURS fans who can get to rename them as the: LUCAS MOUAURORA BOREALIS! :lucasl:
Morning Mate. What time was that? I missed it, didn't I - might happen again tonight.

I've seen real green shoots today

Regardless of whether we hold on for what would be a very credible draw

Back Ange and we'll win the lot next year !

ANGE POSTECOGLOU COACH WATCH

old article but quite an interesting one that goes in depth about his formation and tactics, and how he has tweaked and changed it over time.

per example:

Central spaces

Postecoglou demonstrated his coaching versatility when using a back three and an in-possession 3-4-2-1 with Australia, at both the 2017 Confederations Cup and in qualification for the 2018 World Cup. Two central number 10s operated close to the striker, while the wing-backs provided the team’s width (below). In Aaron Mooy, Jackson Irvine, Tom Rogic and Massimo Luongo, Australia had plenty of quality in midfield. Understandably, Postecoglou chose a formation to suit their strengths.

_______

its a good read for fans of tactics
I remember this period well. He was under a lot of pressure at the time. As well as having many good mids, we had no right backs at the time and hardworking but limited wingers in Kruse and Leckie. So switching to this formation allowed Kruse and leckie to switch to Fullbacks where they worked up and back. We looked better at the time

The morning after the night before for Ange. It took him 309 days to realise there are weak foundations at this football club.

The question is how long will it take then to build them up??

What a wonderful day it is today though. Got a real spring in my step. I wonder why???

Positive thoughts to all my positive people. Enjoy the moments.

wow2022.gif

Oh, the life lessons of this season ! I'm telling you fellow Spurs supporters : after last night match, if you did not already believed in it, stoicism is the way to follow.
The wisdom of the ancients still apply today, coming from an Roman emperor-philosopher, or a 21st century American non-fiction writer.
I wish you all good things to value at their real worth, bad things to endure and make you stronger in the long term, and struggles and obstacles to teach you about yourself.
Peace.

Back
Top Bottom