The Post Kane and Son rebuild

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane and Son are 99.99% out of the club before next season starts. What's your take on the team rebuild under whoever the new manager is

I would be happy if the team builds around Richarlison being the striker + Kulusevsky jointly attacking focal points and Romero the defensive focal point with all the promising youngsters like Gil , Spence and Sarr blooded into the first team, 1-2 young prospects to replace Moura and perisic .big money signings to replace royal, dier,lloris, hojberg who are the weakest links.

About 4-5 signings is practically the realistic number of first team signings that can settle in and contribute to the season instead of going the Everton way with a ridiculous number of signings

I'd be content with something like this (definitely not happy but I'd understand):

Raya or Diogo Costa
Romero - New CCB - New LCB
Porro - Bentancur - Bissouma - New LWB/Udogie
Kulusevski/Gil - Toney - Richarlison/ New LW

Will we be able to pull it off? Of course fucking not. :levylol:

I'm actually kind of excited for life after kane and son. We might finally ditch the 'win now at low costs' formula we've pursued since Mourinho. I'm pretty sure that was done to keep Kane happy. Now we might finally stop delaying whats been needed for 4 years.

Or Levy takes the cowards way out again and appoints Poch.
:levylol:

Kane and Son are 99.99% out of the club before next season starts. What's your take on the team rebuild under whoever the new manager is

I would be happy if the team builds around Richarlison being the striker + Kulusevsky jointly attacking focal points and Romero the defensive focal point with all the promising youngsters like Gil , Spence and Sarr blooded into the first team, 1-2 young prospects to replace Moura and perisic .big money signings to replace royal, dier,lloris, hojberg who are the weakest links.

About 4-5 signings is practically the realistic number of first team signings that can settle in and contribute to the season instead of going the Everton way with a ridiculous number of signings
I can certainly see Kane leaving, unfortunately.

However I somewhat doubt Son will be sold. He's so desperately off form, nobody will pay decent money but his paper value will remain high. We definitely need a new up and coming young player to challenge him, not just Gil.

Nothing will change unless we have new owners.

Don't bother and waste your time with such threads.

We will be behind Mancity, ManU, Cheski, Woolwich, Newcastle and Liverpool. Another couple of clubs may overtake us if carries on this way.
Liverpool and Cheski are behind us now in the table but not for too long, both have better board/budget and players than us.

Only thing matter to us this season is Woolwich not winning the league and Westspam gets relegated. That sounds like a trophy.

Yep Son is going nowhere. Not because of his football, it's all the Korean kerching that means he is forbidden to leave :levystare::levywhoa:

Nothing will change unless we have new owners.

Don't bother and waste your time with such threads.

We will be behind Mancity, ManU, Cheski, Woolwich, Newcastle and Liverpool. Another couple of clubs may overtake us if carries on this way.
Liverpool and Cheski are behind us now in the table but not for too long, both have better board/budget and players than us.

Only thing matter to us this season is Woolwich not winning the league and Westspam gets relegated. That sounds like a trophy.
They already have !

I can certainly see Kane leaving, unfortunately.

However I somewhat doubt Son will be sold. He's so desperately off form, nobody will pay decent money but his paper value will remain high. We definitely need a new up and coming young player to challenge him, not just Gil.
The answer us Toney with Richarlison and Son. If we DO sell Kane we would get enough money to rebuild. The annoying going is ghat Toney could have been bought for £10k

I am also lowkey excited for a future rebuild and a new look.

If I personally could pick I would go for a 4-3-3. Richarlison or someone like Toney up top if Toney's gambling problems are sorted. And try to find someone with a similar profile to Dejan on the left. A winger that can cut in on his right foot to whip in shots and crosses. Take inspiration from how the MSN attacking line at Barcelona operated. Suarez as a pure striker in the middle and Messi and Neymar as the two creative wingers/inverted tens on either side.

Get a decently creative central midfielder in as well to compliment the steel that already is in the team. Press in a mid block and break teams to allow for rapid attacks.

That could be really fun.

Sad Doctor Who GIF

Under the right manager and with a proper and creative midfield behind them a front 3 of Richarlison - Toney - Kulusevski could cause a lot of teams problems.

Goals and creativity, but also a lot of strength and aerial ability in that attack.

Last edited:

That sounds wonderful.

If we get Jarrod Bowen in from West Ham we could be competing for The Carabao Cup in under 3 seasons.

Jam tomorrow. Yum yum.

No excitement without a vision. There is no vision so I think at best we will muddle through.

Yeah, this is where I'm at. It's the lack of vision that gets to me.

While it seems insane to say it, the thought of a Kane & Son free team is somewhat exciting. While those two have carried us for the past few seasons, it feels like having them out of the side will force us to reinvent ourselves instead of this meandering, piecemeal strategy we've had for a while now.

The problem is that we should have been preparing for this already and starting the transition, but we're going to have to do it on the fly now. I'm in no way confident that we'll be able to adapt that quickly.

Back
Top Bottom