The Post Kane and Son rebuild

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gonna move on from all this. I've wasted too much time, energy and money with no rewards.
Might finally have time to teach my daughter to ride a bike. She's 37. (She's 6, I'm just joking)

As for you Spurs
Rainbow Who Cares GIF by Manon Louart

Kane and Son are 99.99% out of the club before next season starts. What's your take on the team rebuild under whoever the new manager is

I would be happy if the team builds around Richarlison being the striker + Kulusevsky jointly attacking focal points and Romero the defensive focal point with all the promising youngsters like Gil , Spence and Sarr blooded into the first team, 1-2 young prospects to replace Moura and perisic .big money signings to replace royal, dier,lloris, hojberg who are the weakest links.

About 4-5 signings is practically the realistic number of first team signings that can settle in and contribute to the season instead of going the Everton way with a ridiculous number of signings
The thing is I don't trust Levy/ENIC to make competent signings.

They never sign players that managers want. They mostly buy players that THEY think will be good.

Which has gotten us 0 trophies since....

With Kane, Son and Lloris most likely gone (or in Son's case, his form being gone), I wouldn't be against the idea of bringing Poch back, if Conte won't extend his contract with us, which is looking likely. Poch would finally get a fresh squad without the old guard who fucked him over, and he would finally have a rebuild on his hands. The only issues are the twats at the top, but hopefully a takeover would have taken place/be in progress until the summer.

It’s not just about bringing in new players but shedding the dross we’ve accumulated, and I feel this is where any “rebuild“ by Levy and company will be messy, piecemeal and haphazard.

Good times to look forward to :harrysmile:

It’s not just about bringing in new players but shedding the dross we’ve accumulated, and I feel this is where any “rebuild“ by Levy and company will be messy, piecemeal and haphazard.

Good times to look forward to :harrysmile:

We did a cracking job of that for/with Poch.

It can be done; only problem is jokers like Ndombele are proving un-shiftable.

We did a cracking job of that for/with Poch.

It can be done; only problem is jokers like Ndombele are proving un-shiftable.

We have quite a few jokers though, besides Ndombele:

GLC
Sanchez
Sessegnon
Royal

Gil’s not quite in the same category, but I wonder about his future as well. You’re right in that it can be done, but I’ve little confidence in our current hierarchy to do this well.

We have quite a few jokers though, besides Ndombele:

GLC
Sanchez
Sessegnon
Royal

Gil’s not quite in the same category, but I wonder about his future as well. You’re right in that it can be done, but I’ve little confidence in our current hierarchy to do this well.

Ndombele is a 'special' kind of joker........

The rest are on smaller waged and easier to find a home for.

Out following Poch season 1:

Tottenham Hotspur - All transfers

Ndombele is a 'special' kind of joker........

The rest are on smaller waged and easier to find a home for.

Out following Poch season 1:

Tottenham Hotspur - All transfers

Besides the wages, we’ll see how difficult Levy will be in trying to recoup his transfer fees. I hope it works out, I really do, but I’ve little faith in him now on both the outs and potential ins.

Back
Top Bottom