The problem is now clear

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thank god you're not still on SC.... Amirite fam? :freund:
A&C loved me :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Don't mind having the piss taken at all, on here it's expected but at least we're classed as old enough to regulate it ourselves. :thumbup:
You're point is made...I'll stop being so fucking pedantic...how's that ?

Last edited:
How fucking funny is it to see people inventing scenarios and and then berating whoever their pet hate is for their fevered imagination.
Everyone claiming to be the "right type" of fan.

I get the distinct impression that there are people who post on here would accept the disintegration of the club if their fantasies come to fruition rather than the club to succeed and their personal view turn out to be bollocks.

Last edited:
A&C loved me :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Don't mind having the piss taken at all, on here it's expected but at least we're classed as old enough to regulate it ourselves. :thumbup:
You're point is made...I'll stop being so fucking pedantic...how's that ?

Do ya thing fella... We don't have to agree all the time for me to think you're an alright geezer

How fucking funny is it to see people inventing scenarios and and then berating whoever their pet hate is for their fevered imagination.

I get the distinct impression that there are people who post on here would accept the disintegration of the club if their fantasies come to fruition rather then the club to succeed and their personal view turn out to be bollocks.

Would I sound particularly old if I blamed the internet?

Do ya thing fella... We don't have to agree all the time for me to think you're an alright geezer
Nah, it was a bit over the top (even for me). I've been in a foul fucking mood ever since the Leicester game (as my poor wife will testify). Need to snap out of it. A good win for Wales against Australia in the rugby and beating Southampton would do it :thumbup:.
We just seem to be going over the same old ground in here at the moment and then the sniping starts to relieve the tedium. Haven't felt this down about things going on at the club for many a year. :( .
Starting to believe that maybe a new broom really does sweep clean.
Apologies to all for being such a miserable bastard recently....I just love this club and hate to see it hurting. I'm sure you all feel the same.

I get the distinct impression that there are people who post on here would accept the disintegration of the club if their fantasies come to fruition rather then the club to succeed and their personal view turn out to be bollocks.

The "right type of fan" is the sort of fan that knows other supporters can have other perspectives without feeling the need to call them "shit supporters." for internet points.

This dick swinging competition on here from people that care more about being right (that's either pro or against whatever the topic is) than they do about the overall health of the club is pathetic, you see it in every thread, posters who never give their actual perspective on the club or results and instead just berate others for doing so either in a positive or negative way.

Anybody who would take pleasure in the club failing as you say isn't a supporter, that's an egomaniac that cares more about being right above everything else.

That doesn't mean people who want Poch out are shit supporters, and neither are people who want Poch in because both of those scenarios could end badly for the club or be a positive for us, there is no way to say right now which scenario would work out better for us based on recent results.

As "real supporters" we should be coming together, acknowledging that we can disagree sometimes and try to find some sort of middle ground so we can pull together for what's best for the club because like I have said many times, no player, manager, chairman, trainer, physio or tea lady is bigger than the football club, we all want the same thing here, success, the ultimate goal is to see us winning trophies on a consistent basis and creating history for this club.

Now don't get me wrong "shit supporters" do exist, the type that you know, go on social media and call Harry Winks a prick because he didn't give his shirt to his little brother because he thought he was owed it for making a sign, that's a shit supporter.

Nah, it was a bit over the top (even for me). I've been in a foul fucking mood ever since the Leicester game (as my poor wife will testify). Need to snap out of it. A good win for Wales against Australia in the rugby and beating Southampton would do it :thumbup:.
We just seem to be going over the same old ground in here at the moment and then the sniping starts to relieve the tedium. Haven't felt this down about things going on at the club for many a year. :( .
Starting to believe that maybe a new broom really does sweep clean.
Apologies to all for being such a miserable bastard recently....I just love this club and hate to see it hurting. I'm sure you all feel the same.

I love the club as well mate and I really do empathise with how you're feeling, I have had my disagreements with Airfixx Airfixx as well but I know ultimately he loves the club just like I do and just wants what is best for it, we might disagree on what we think is best for it sometimes and things have been heated as well, we have both played our part in that but the truth is I know it's all born out of frustration because we want what's best for THFC, like many on here do.

I don't think we are going to go into a freefall as a club, we might have a few shit years ahead of us while we rebuild but I can't see the wheels falling off completely, if there is one thing Levy has proven it's that he knows how to run a business and keep it successful over a longer period of time in terms of growth, we aren't going to become a Newcastle, big stadium but shit on the football side of things, at least I hope that's not going to be the case.

But this is why I am wary about celebrating about the stadium because I know ultimately it really doesn't mean much in regards to the football side of things, it just means we make more money, so like you, I don't know what's best for us going forward, I just know it's going to be painful in the short term but hopefully when we do rebuild we come back even better than before, with or without Poch in charge.

I don't believe that Levy is going to spend money and rebuild the side from the ground up for Poch though, I think Poch is living a bit of a dream with that one, Levy will want the best from our current assets and we certainly aren't getting that currently so he will probably be thinking "Why would I trust this man to rebuild the team when he can't even get the best out of the current one"

I know people will argue that's not Pochs fault and that these players are past it now and they might be right but you can't argue about how good this team is for getting to a CL final on one hand and then on the other say "it's not the managers fault, these players just aren't good enough" at some point you simply have to look at the manager and try to figure out why he is failing to get those sort of performances out of these players on a consistent basis imo.

Back
Top Bottom