The problem is now clear

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

didnt chelsea lose to Bournemouth 5-0 last year? how did their season go? this is a bad run of form but we're class, i expect us to turn it around and P is the man to lead us...

And when do you see this 'turn around' happening please ? Before the January window or afterwards as Poch is currently intimating.

We only talk about Eriksen, Vertonghen, Wanyama, Dele, etc. But, is no one concerned that the young kids that got in last night did absolutely nothing?

Spurs have our fair share of "reserves romantics", passionate supporters and youth team enthusiasts.

I really enjoy reading their stuff, but the amount to which they overrate our players are staggering.

A year ago I got right abusive answers for daring to criticise Skipp. Same with Sanches and Foyte.

Truth is, that we have a really barren spell youthwise.

Until Paris and Co are ready to face seniors, most of our current lot will probably at most struggle to make it to Premiership careers, tops decent bottom half players like Daniels and Smith at BAFC

Don't agree with that either, the squad is good enough, so is the manager and chairman, they just need to put a bit more work in...
Just don't think that combination is working anymore. Wish they would appear together or make a joint statement regarding the club's future intentions. Poch predicts big happenings in the next two transfer windows and Levy saying you have to build from the bottom up instead of splashing the cash. Definitely not currently "singing from the same hymn sheet" as the saying goes.
If it does develop into a power struggle there will be only one winner and his initials are DL.

Don't agree with that either, the squad is good enough, so is the manager and chairman, they just need to put a bit more work in...

That’s utopian though....humans aren’t built like that. Eriksen will never be committed to this set up.
A slim slim chance could be from a new manager

Obviously he’s not the only one

That’s utopian though....humans aren’t built like that. Eriksen will never be committed to this set up.
A slim slim chance could be from a new manager

Obviously he’s not the only one
Well then, he can leave at season's end if that's the case. After his last couple of performances he'll not be missed...

Just don't think that combination is working anymore. Wish they would appear together or make a joint statement regarding the club's future intentions. Poch predicts big happenings in the next two transfer windows and Levy saying you have to build from the bottom up instead of splashing the cash. Definitely not currently "singing from the same hymn sheet" as the saying goes.
If it does develop into a power struggle there will be only one winner and his initials are DL.
Can't see it myself, I'd hazard a guess that Pochettino knows he's on a good thing and he's on too big a wage to get the chop by Levy...

Well then, he can leave at season's end if that's the case. After his last couple of performances he'll not be missed...

Which I’ve been shot down for saying for nearly a year.....now everyone’s ditching the irreplaceable one.

Would they rather see Eriksen at his best here under a new manager than sell him and keep Poch? What if it’s Kane next?

Which I’ve been shot down for saying for nearly a year.....now everyone’s ditching the irreplaceable one.

Would they rather see Eriksen at his best here under a new manager than sell him and keep Poch? What if it’s Kane next?
His head's gone though, it's obvious to see...the way he's playing at the minute I can't see the big boys wanting him, not even United...

Can't see it myself, I'd hazard a guess that Pochettino knows he's on a good thing and he's on too big a wage to get the chop by Levy...
Eventually Levy will become tired of hearing his bleats for more cash and support to the media. What would it cost to pay him off ? He's signed until 2023 so 4 years at £8m a year = £32m. Not exactly a huge sum if it means you change the manager for someone who won't keep pestering you for cash and would be more than happy to take the job on without budget guarantees. A person similar to, if not, Eddie Howe :thumbdown:.
Something or somebody will have to give in January anyway...either we see the beginnings of this huge rebuild or we make one/two signings for relatively small sums involving younger players with 'potential'.

There's a storm coming and until then the forecast is dark clouds.

Last edited:
I didn't hear or read Poch saying overhaul but if he did may be he doesn't know the meaning of the word, I had to look in the dictionary 😀
If he did know the meaning and to announce it is very naive. Levy squeezes when he buys players and now the whole world knows the club is going for overhaul. If anything these comments have negative effect on the players too.
Just as Borodin55 Borodin55 said last week "shut up and get on with the job".

I didn't hear or read Poch saying overhaul but if he did may be he doesn't know the meaning of the word, I had to look in the dictionary 😀
If he did know the meaning and to announce it is very naive. Levy squeezes when he buys players and now the whole world knows the club is going for overhaul. If anything these comments have negative effects on the players too.
Just as Borodin55 Borodin55 said last week "shut up and get on with the job".
Can't disagree with that...

But right now Poch's seemingly preferred solution is to just complain to the media about needing a new team. That's not operable in September.

I suspect that there are PLENTY of managers out there right now that are looking at our squad and thinking they could get more out of them than Poch is managing currently.

We only talk about Eriksen, Vertonghen, Wanyama, Dele, etc. But, is no one concerned that the young kids that got in last night did absolutely nothing?
Don’t think Tanganga had a bad game and Parrott had absolutely no service, was making decent runs but was having to drop deep to get hold of the ball

"Painful rebuild"
Not
"Easy rebuild" or "piece of cake rebuid"

Those were the words that were stated to us months back so have some fucking patience ffs. A "painful rebuild" becomes about 10 times worse when we have a chairman that decided the best solution was a self inflicted transfer embargo lasting 2 windows whilst selling off players.

Poch has now stated the rebuild continues in January. That's the plan so let's let him see as he deserves at least this season with all the shit the chairman has done.

What ever comes out of his mouth is taken as gospel.

So let me get this straight because of this ‘painful rebuild’ and dark forces with different agendas in the squad we can’t expect to be beating the likes of Newcastle and Colchester? We should get used to this mediocre win ratio in a calendar year? You are livening in fantasy land if you believe any manager will survive long failing to get results especially when they have spent record sums in the summer. He has Kane, Ali, Eriksen, Son, Moura, N’Dombele, Le Celso, Alderwield, Vertonghen and many more available to him during this ‘difficult’ time. It’s laughable to suggest this form should be excused simply because he said said so. If things do not improve soon he will be gone and rightly so - there are no more excuses to be had. This is on him.

I can understand venting, I was turning the air blue after that fucking shambles last night, but there's fuck all else for us to do after that other than hope everything gets sorted out...and changing manager is not the solution...

Maintaining the status quo and hoping for the best is the face of a year of a decline in results. You are actually a bigger idiot than I took you for.

Well, it is the internet and we all know that being right on the internet is the most important thing.

That old chestnut - completely ignore the repeated warnings of some, try to discredit them by calling them a gooner and then when they actually turn out to be right all along then claim they are only interested in being proven right.

You cannot even take ownership of your failure even now, no humility, no apology just a continuation of ignorance and arrogance.

Back
Top Bottom