The problem is now clear

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm fucking tired of trigger happy fans already. It would be better if I stay off these forums while we're going through this cycle. Hopefully at the end of it you'll be eating your words you fucking spoiled, impatient bunch of brats.

Spurs fans really are fickle, ungrateful stupid cunts.

Even once we get past this blip (which we will) I wouldn't want to enjoy the good times with some of you morons. Shown your aftv colours.

Why do people want to get rid of the squad?

What bullshit magic has Poch pulled over your eyes?

We don't need to waste money on replacing perfectly good players to please a manager who has proven he can't win a trophy. He hasn't the mentality. Perfect example is the CL Final. How can a man-motivator not get a performance on the biggest stage in football?

We lost narrowly to a pretty good side. You sound like a spoilt child.

I would say the problem is anything but clear. You can legitimately blame Levy, Poch, and the players. They all have a hand in this mess.

Why do people want to get rid of the squad?

What bullshit magic has Poch pulled over your eyes?

We don't need to waste money on replacing perfectly good players to please a manager who has proven he can't win a trophy. He hasn't the mentality. Perfect example is the CL Final. How can a man-motivator not get a performance on the biggest stage in football?

I'm fucking tired of trigger happy fans already. It would be better if I stay off these forums while we're going through this cycle. Hopefully at the end of it you'll be eating your words you fucking spoiled, impatient bunch of brats.

Shame you’ll be missed with your endless ‘he’s magic you know’, ‘trophies will come’ ‘best manager in my lifetime’ spiel. To claim our supporters are being impatient after 11 years with no trophy 6 of which this manager has been in charge is laughably ignorant. It’s says all about you when you believe this supporterbase is spoiled.

Not everyone is calling for Poch's head, but at this minute in time, Poch seems to have lost control of the team and that's a very dangerous situation to be in.

As I said last night, 4 months ago we were contesting the final of the biggest competition in our history, now we're out of the Carabao (or whoever the fuck sponsors it) cup having drawn a blank (2 shots on target) against a 4th tier side. Something is wrong.

For what it's worth, has there ever been a club where so many have been hinting at or leaving at the same time?

And include the manager in that equation. His, if I win I may leave isn't a message of confidence for players.

I can't figure out how it's Poch's fault that the team were shit in the CL final.
For most players it was the biggest game of their lives so that should have been enough to get them motivated. If they can't find the self-motivation for that type of game they don't deserve to be playing at that level.
One thing we do lack is a leader on the field though because nobody seems to be stepping up to motivate or organise things on the pitch.

Spurs fans really are fickle, ungrateful stupid cunts.

Even once we get past this blip (which we will) I wouldn't want to enjoy the good times with some of you morons. Shown your aftv colours.

Watch out everybody we have another livewire real fan here - so more enlightened than us mere mortals that he can see the future and present this as a fact.

Like MDG you’re an embarrassment to the football club. You put the manager above the players, supporters and owner. Something is seriously wrong with you if you believe the supporters don’t have the right to question the manager of the club following the run of results in 2019.

Of course we have a say in the direction of the club, it’s the reason why certain managers could never be at the club. Its the reason why a player will never move from us to Woolwich directly again. It’s the reason why the club publicly acknowledged the mistakes with Graham and AVB. It you don’t believe a business with a £400 million turnover doesn’t listen to its customers then you are living in fantasy land. It’s not just a question of what is in here - the will monitor opinion across all of social media and in the media. There has to be a discussion around him - it would unhealthy if there wasn’t. You are a supporter of Tottenham Hotspur football club not its employee Mauricio Pochettino - the club always comes first, it’s a shame so many of you have forgotten this.
Well fuck me...you do believe you're making a difference...I'll back away slowly then....

Poch has said it himself, he wants a complete overhaul of the squad and we will be very busy in the next transfer windows. His comments over the last couple of windows suggests that he doesn't have full backing of Levy - and maybe quite rightly so, no coach should expect such a high volume of transfer activity in such an over inflated market.

So; where does that leave our current crop of players? Why would they make an effort if they are not wanted?

Jan, Toby, Rose, Wanyama , Eriksen, Sissoko - Gone. Either too old or want out.

Alli, Moura, Aurier - Probably gone. Alli would need a club to match his decent wages. PSG or Liverpool would be my bet.

Son, Kane, Ndombele - These seem to be the only first 11 players that Poch intends to keep

Winks, Lamela, Dier, Davies - Decent squad players. Probably staying.

Foyth, KWP, Skipp, Sess, Lo Celso - Need to prove themselves, but looking like they are staying.

So, its stick or twist time. Facts are

1. We don't get champions league next year. 6th at best this season.
2. Unless we buy established mature players, we may not get top 4 again until 2022/23 at best. Woolwich, United and Chelsea's rebuilds may have matured by then.
3. Son and Kane will be looking at (2) and wondering about the future - does they want to end their career with no trophies?

The fact we signed Ndombele and went in for Dybala is a sign of intend to indeed sign some established players so that the rebuild will not take 3 or 4 seasons. However, as we saw at United, Chelsea this is a difficult task to get right and youth and time may be the answer.
Talk about publicly telling your players they are shite and I’m going to overhaul the entire squad over the next two windows by replacing you wasters......what a way to motivate an already disillusioned squad of players🙄🙄

For fuck sake can we not just fire him already and give someone else a chance here?

I’m pretty sure the baldy cunt upstairs isn’t leaving anytime soon so unless the players feel like turning up week in week out from here on in after getting publicly face slapped several times by their manager then he needs to move on soon as.....

God this football club is more frustrating than fucking Brexit at times!!

Just go and get Rafa in and see the season out, at least he can organise the bloody thing to a point where we know who’s good enough and who isn’t, there’s no hiding place from Benítez that’s one thing for sure, you stick to the script or fuck off, and that’s what we need right now more than some philosopher with some obi wan Kinobi mentor from yest a year blowing smoke each other’s arse reminiscing over their time spent in some Argentinian village......

We are in such an awkward situation now, I think we have stagnated because it has just been the same team for too long. We have a lot of good individual players and the likes of Eriksen and Dele if they were to leave would definitely excel elsewhere. I think we do need to rejuvenate our squad a bit - players like Dier and even Dele have probably not progressed as far as we would have hoped, meaning we are in an awkward middle ground. I think Winks is a brilliant player but that is comparison to what we have, not the rest of the league. We are relying on him to be our best midfielder which I don't think is fair on him at this stage of his career.

To be honest I don't think anybody is blameless here, but I am certain in my opinion that simply changing the coach wouldn't fix it and it saddens me how quickly some people have turned their backs on the best Tottenham manager in my lifetime. I just hope he is given the opportunity to turn this round because if he was to go to Real Madrid I would not be surprised to see Kane, Lloris and Eriksen follow him there (he did bring a few Southampton players here remember). We don't want to be in a position where we have to replace an entire squad while being in the Europa like United, we need to keep hold of key players like Kane, Toby, Jan, Lloris, Son and Dele so we have a bit of a spine to work with when rebuilding.

State of this utter clown fire of a thread. Look at the self entitled Woolwich lite bunch of pricks calling for poch out. Cunts one and all.

I get exactly what you’re saying mate but something is seriously wrong and has been for a long time

Surely you can see that something drastic needs to happen

Poch looks really unhappy and unsettled so that’s bound to manifest itself in the team

Back
Top Bottom