The problem is now clear

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do ya thing fella... We don't have to agree all the time for me to think you're an alright geezer
Nah, it was a bit over the top (even for me). I've been in a foul fucking mood ever since the Leicester game (as my poor wife will testify). Need to snap out of it. A good win for Wales against Australia in the rugby and beating Southampton would do it :thumbup:.
We just seem to be going over the same old ground in here at the moment and then the sniping starts to relieve the tedium. Haven't felt this down about things going on at the club for many a year. :( .
Starting to believe that maybe a new broom really does sweep clean.
Apologies to all for being such a miserable bastard recently....I just love this club and hate to see it hurting. I'm sure you all feel the same.

How fucking funny is it to see people inventing scenarios and and then berating whoever their pet hate is for their fevered imagination.
Everyone claiming to be the "right type" of fan.

I get the distinct impression that there are people who post on here would accept the disintegration of the club if their fantasies come to fruition rather then the club to succeed and their personal view turn out to be bollocks.

The "right type of fan" is the sort of fan that knows other supporters can have other perspectives without feeling the need to call them "shit supporters." for internet points.

This dick swinging competition on here from people that care more about being right (that's either pro or against whatever the topic is) than they do about the overall health of the club is pathetic, you see it in every thread, posters who never give their actual perspective on the club or results and instead just berate others for doing so either in a positive or negative way.

Anybody who would take pleasure in the club failing as you say isn't a supporter, that's an egomaniac that cares more about being right above everything else.

That doesn't mean people who want Poch out are shit supporters, and neither are people who want Poch in because both of those scenarios could end badly for the club or be a positive for us, there is no way to say right now which scenario would work out better for us based on recent results.

As "real supporters" we should be coming together, acknowledging that we can disagree sometimes and try to find some sort of middle ground so we can pull together for what's best for the club because like I have said many times, no player, manager, chairman, trainer, physio or tea lady is bigger than the football club, we all want the same thing here, success, the ultimate goal is to see us winning trophies on a consistent basis and creating history for this club.

Now don't get me wrong "shit supporters" do exist, the type that you know, go on social media and call Harry Winks a prick because he didn't give his shirt to his little brother because he thought he was owed it for making a sign, that's a shit supporter.

The overhaul scenario is complete BS
This same squad achieved P4 for the last 4 seasons, challenged the title, sf of cups and cl final.
How many pl clubs had an overhaul!
It needs 3 or 4 players inc replace if Toby Eriksen n Vert leave.
You always need to improve, levy ‘s biggest mistake not buying for 2 windows and this is the consequence. imagine if we had 3 new players, we would have possibly won cl and been a club performing like Liverpool, we were that close. Last season our bench at some matches were very weak for a top team.

Poch has an agenda either way out or he lost the dressing room

Spurs fans really are fickle, ungrateful stupid cunts.

Even once we get past this blip (which we will) I wouldn't want to enjoy the good times with some of you morons. Shown your aftv colours.
Blips don't last 9 months and come with players wanting to jump ship but the manager putting all his faith in them.

Spurs fans really are fickle, ungrateful stupid cunts.

Even once we get past this blip (which we will) I wouldn't want to enjoy the good times with some of you morons. Shown your aftv colours.
C623897-B-A62-B-4-DCE-BE08-2-C0-D8-AB305-CC.jpg

Right you are sir.

General sentiment might be right why we are struggling but United Chelsea Woolwich are all a mess also. No reason we can't get top 4 once Poch hopefully fucks off the cunts who ain't trying.

So that's the best we can hope for...that we are struggling but everyone else will be struggling much more :thumbdown: ..........sad times indeed.

Don't agree with that either, the squad is good enough, so is the manager and chairman, they just need to put a bit more work in...
Just don't think that combination is working anymore. Wish they would appear together or make a joint statement regarding the club's future intentions. Poch predicts big happenings in the next two transfer windows and Levy saying you have to build from the bottom up instead of splashing the cash. Definitely not currently "singing from the same hymn sheet" as the saying goes.
If it does develop into a power struggle there will be only one winner and his initials are DL.

That’s utopian though....humans aren’t built like that. Eriksen will never be committed to this set up.
A slim slim chance could be from a new manager

Obviously he’s not the only one
Well then, he can leave at season's end if that's the case. After his last couple of performances he'll not be missed...

I didn't hear or read Poch saying overhaul but if he did may be he doesn't know the meaning of the word, I had to look in the dictionary 😀
If he did know the meaning and to announce it is very naive. Levy squeezes when he buys players and now the whole world knows the club is going for overhaul. If anything these comments have negative effects on the players too.
Just as Borodin55 Borodin55 said last week "shut up and get on with the job".
Can't disagree with that...

Well fuck me...you do believe you're making a difference...I'll back away slowly then....

No you’re right the supporters don’t have any say.

Nothing needs to change - no problem here. Stop believing the lies of those non real supporters and wannabe gooners.

I’m off to get ‘He’s magic you know, Mauricio Pochettino, trophies will come, this young team and manager are destined for great things. The best manager in my lifetime’ tattooed on my back because it really cannot be said enough.

I meant all the stuff about Levys sentiments, feuding etc. I.e. Pretty much everything else he wrote.

I didn't highlight the quote... That was the original posters own formatting

It's quite obvious that Poch and Levy have had a lot of disagreements over transfers, especially recently. It was only a few weeks ago that Poch was ranting that he shouldn't be called the manager anymore and that he knew nothing about players coming or going. Poch has always used his interactions with the media to try and prod Levy into action, until this summer he did it in a mostly playful way but I get the sense that this summer he was very, very angry with the state of our squad. He came out and said that him and Levy had to have a serious dinner meeting after the window closed just to clear the air and put their disagreements to one side.

Now I believe that Levy gave it a good go this summer with trying to move players on and sign Dybala on top of the other 4 new players, it was just a difficult market for us given the contract situation of many players and the terrible form of people like Rose, Aurier, Wanyama etc. It was always going to be tough to shift our bad players and get fees for the top players heading for a free transfer. Levy tried to shop them around but nobody was interested.

What I think the overall malaise and Poch's obvious frustration comes down to is that year where we did nothing in the market. If we had even just signed Grealish, he would have been bedded in by now and we would have an exciting, versatile young player ready to replace Eriksen. Unfortunately Levy overplayed his hand and tried to humiliate Aston Villa rather than behave properly, we signed nobody and after selling Dembele mid-season without a replacement our midfield, and by extension our ability to play good football, was severely damaged. Everything became stale very quickly and again this summer, due to a difficult market, our new signings came late and unfortunately haven't been fit. We gave ourselves too much to do this window, I don't think any manager would be able to get the team fully firing in these circumstances.

The reality of our situation now is that it will be next summer before we can really get our squad in good shape, Poch is talking about January but that is delusional, nobody ever does big business in January and player will need months to settle in. If Poch can't get the team playing properly very soon then we either have to write the season off and give up on European football until the 20/21 season when Poch can properly rebuild the squad, or we change the manager now and hope that a new voice and the need to impress him can light a fire under these players and carry us to the top 4. It's not realistic to expect January signings to fix this problem. If results don't improve soon then top 4 will be over by January anyway.

My personal feeling is that we cannot afford not to be in the CL next season, we would probably be forced to sell Son in that situation to make up for the shortfall in revenue and the lack of income from Toby, Jan and Eriksen leaving for nothing. If in a month's time our form is still in the toilet, I think Poch will agree to depart and we will roll the dice on a new manager. I think Levy views consistent participation in the CL as more important to the club than retaining Pochettino in these circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom