The problem is now clear

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch has said it himself, he wants a complete overhaul of the squad and we will be very busy in the next transfer windows. His comments over the last couple of windows suggests that he doesn't have full backing of Levy - and maybe quite rightly so, no coach should expect such a high volume of transfer activity in such an over inflated market.

So; where does that leave our current crop of players? Why would they make an effort if they are not wanted?

Jan, Toby, Rose, Wanyama , Eriksen, Sissoko - Gone. Either too old or want out.

Alli, Moura, Aurier - Probably gone. Alli would need a club to match his decent wages. PSG or Liverpool would be my bet.

Son, Kane, Ndombele - These seem to be the only first 11 players that Poch intends to keep

Winks, Lamela, Dier, Davies - Decent squad players. Probably staying.

Foyth, KWP, Skipp, Sess, Lo Celso - Need to prove themselves, but looking like they are staying.

So, its stick or twist time. Facts are

1. We don't get champions league next year. 6th at best this season.
2. Unless we buy established mature players, we may not get top 4 again until 2022/23 at best. Woolwich, United and Chelsea's rebuilds may have matured by then.
3. Son and Kane will be looking at (2) and wondering about the future - does they want to end their career with no trophies?

The fact we signed Ndombele and went in for Dybala is a sign of intend to indeed sign some established players so that the rebuild will not take 3 or 4 seasons. However, as we saw at United, Chelsea this is a difficult task to get right and youth and time may be the answer.

I wonder how much Poch's favourites is impacting on the rest of the squad.

How did the wider squad accept Eriksen's outburst prior to the CL final?

How did the squad accept Kane being bulldozed in to the CL final starting line up at the cost of Lucas?

What is the current mental state of Eriksen, Rose, Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Aurier.

Does Hugo inspire confidence? Not only on the pitch but with his talk of leaving.

So many questions

Maintaining the status quo and hoping for the best is the face of a year of a decline in results. You are actually a bigger idiot than I took you for.
But thats all we can do. We have no say in the running of the club....What difference does anything we say in here make?

Do you think Daniel's first thing on his to do list each morning is checking our forums?

I'm sure you fantasize about him telling Pochettino that ''The Hood on TFC doesn't rate you chum, time to go''....

Last edited:
How fucking funny is it to see people inventing scenarios and and then berating whoever their pet hate is for their fevered imagination.
Everyone claiming to be the "right type" of fan.

I get the distinct impression that there are people who post on here would accept the disintegration of the club if their fantasies come to fruition rather than the club to succeed and their personal view turn out to be bollocks.

Last edited:
The "right type of fan" is the sort of fan that knows other supporters can have other perspectives without feeling the need to call them "shit supporters." for internet points.

This dick swinging competition on here from people that care more about being right (that's either pro or against whatever the topic is) than they do about the overall health of the club is pathetic, you see it in every thread, posters who never give their actual perspective on the club or results and instead just berate others for doing so either in a positive or negative way.

Anybody who would take pleasure in the club failing as you say isn't a supporter, that's an egomaniac that cares more about being right above everything else.

That doesn't mean people who want Poch out are shit supporters, and neither are people who want Poch in because both of those scenarios could end badly for the club or be a positive for us, there is no way to say right now which scenario would work out better for us based on recent results.

As "real supporters" we should be coming together, acknowledging that we can disagree sometimes and try to find some sort of middle ground so we can pull together for what's best for the club because like I have said many times, no player, manager, chairman, trainer, physio or tea lady is bigger than the football club, we all want the same thing here, success, the ultimate goal is to see us winning trophies on a consistent basis and creating history for this club.

Now don't get me wrong "shit supporters" do exist, the type that you know, go on social media and call Harry Winks a prick because he didn't give his shirt to his little brother because he thought he was owed it for making a sign, that's a shit supporter.

Agreed.

A few points: Everyone's perspective 'feels' right to them. It's based on their experience, their filters, their conditioning. You can't argue with feelings. They're special.

One thing to bear in mind when *feeling* like responding to someone who is criticising your views, is that your ego, a grizzled street-plodder to whom the motto "SERVE AND PROTECT" long ago fell into irony, sees someone making a public attack on your opinions as a blasphemous attack on your own pure divinity.

To Ego, their contradicting view is an African American person with a chocolate bar in their hand. Ego identifies the clear and present danger. Ego thinks "HE'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!" and wants to shoot first and maybe replace the chocolate bar with a deadly weapon later. Ego has had a lot of coffee. Ego's wife left it and moved to the West coast. Ego's kid's call it 'Eggo'. In short: Ego wants to prove itself.

The way to 'win' is to acknowledge your ego is just a trigger-happy, out-dated warden, trying to find threats where they don't exist. It's got a life-times worth of ill-informed anachronistic prejudices and it wants to vindicate itself in any way it can. See it. Feel it. And then tell it to stand down. "That'll do, Ego, that'll do. Thank you for your service. Now step aside, the commissioner is talking."

With that out of the way, you are free to take on board your fellow fan's views as a point of reference (i.e. information that you previously didn't have) and see for yourself how it can be factored into a well-rounded and more accurate perspective.

:pochsmirk:

Hey, we lost narrowly to a pretty good side. Did you not read VoiceOfThePoshSeats VoiceOfThePoshSeats recent posting ?? :roflmao:

I also read how people like me are celebrating this........people like me who have been disgusted with our stye of play. How´s that work?

On the flip side, I look forward to John Thomas and others to be celebrating every loss, and poor sub from any new manager that comes in, and hope we finith 16th and play shit so they can " be right".

CL final=Levy Out
12th = Levy Out

Lets buy a new squad every 3 years

I wonder how much Poch's favourites is impacting on the rest of the squad.

How did the wider squad accept Eriksen's outburst prior to the CL final?

How did the squad accept Kane being bulldozed in to the CL final starting line up at the cost of Lucas?

What is the current mental state of Eriksen, Rose, Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Aurier.

Does Hugo inspire confidence? Not only on the pitch but with his talk of leaving.

So many questions

All fair points.

My main beef with Poch is a lack of ruthlessness.

Why does he persist with playing Eriksen and Wanyama at this state?

Why doesn't he walk the talk with troublemakers, and boot them from the first team?

Why doesn't he simply drop players who e.g. refuse to press, e.g. his own comments?

"Painful rebuild"
Not
"Easy rebuild" or "piece of cake rebuid"

Those were the words that were stated to us months back so have some fucking patience ffs. A "painful rebuild" becomes about 10 times worse when we have a chairman that decided the best solution was a self inflicted transfer embargo lasting 2 windows whilst selling off players.

Poch has now stated the rebuild continues in January. That's the plan so let's let him see as he deserves at least this season with all the shit the chairman has done.

I really do admire your confidence in the guy, honestly....but first I see him celebrate the closing of a transfer window because it allows everyone to settle and focus. Then just weeks later expresses a desire for the January window to come so he can begin to address current problems.
What the players (particularly Kane and Son) must think of all this will be hardly beneficial to overall morale and confidence. To simply drop everything on Levy's head is just dodging the bullets. Poch has to have accountability for team performances and results, if he hasn't then what the fuck is he getting paid £8m a year for ???

For the first time since i've been on this board i've been posting much more to off-topic because the main board is just too fucking depressing.
Yeah, there isn't too many people who you'd want to be beside you in the trenches, they're not good in a crisis...then there's the cunts saying "We're fucking doomed, but the good news is that I was right all along"...

I can understand venting, I was turning the air blue after that fucking shambles last night, but there's fuck all else for us to do after that other than hope everything gets sorted out...and changing manager is not the solution...

Back
Top Bottom