The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That point could be massive boys. If as expected Woolwich win tomorrow, then we only go 4 points behind rather than 5 points had we lost. We beat them in the NL derby it’s only 1 point behind with 2 games to go. We win our last 2, we would only need them to draw one of their remaining 2 rather than lose it had we been 5 points behind after tomorrow. This potentially is massive, as we don’t need to worry so much about goal difference now if it plays out like this. That point has done that.
If we win our last 3 the arse as well losing to us have to drop points in one other game so todays draw changes nothing - though if the arse lose to us and Newcastle and beat Leeds and Everton we’d need 4 points from Burnley and Norwich to probably be ahead of them in goal difference

If Everton are still in the relegation battle they will give everything they almost stopped Liverpool. Leeds yeh I don’t expect much.

There's an angle on all of their remaining games.

Leeds - Relegation fight.
Us: Death match.
Nu-castle: Players playing for their future.
Everton: Relegation fight.

Sometimes teams just win for no good reason as well, even a team already relegated can win even though the game doesn’t matter. Especially last game of the season.
Agree, I think a team's general quality/form/injuries is often a better indicator than what's at stake. A desperate struggle to survive relegation can galvanise but it can also lead to stupid mistakes out of desperation.

For me Newcastle seem like the best bet in that regard.

Sometimes teams just win for no good reason as well, even a team already relegated can win even though the game doesn’t matter. Especially last game of the season.

...Even more so in the bizzaro world of a season run-in.

Truth is some people just haven't got the nuts to merely hope and wait to see what unfolds and result to mystic meg-ism instead to cope.

Last edited:
It’s out of our hand so all we can do is focus on our final games. We need to pulverize them at the NLD. Like proper men vs boys so they go into their last two games shell shocked

It’s out of our hand so all we can do is focus on our final games. We need to pulverize them at the NLD. Like proper men vs boys so they go into their last two games shell shocked

We need to fucking BREAK the dispicable match-dodging cunts.

Last edited:
That point could be massive boys. If as expected Woolwich win tomorrow, then we only go 4 points behind rather than 5 points had we lost. We beat them in the NL derby it’s only 1 point behind with 2 games to go. We win our last 2, we would only need them to draw one of their remaining 2 rather than lose it had we been 5 points behind after tomorrow. This potentially is massive, as we don’t need to worry so much about goal difference now if it plays out like this. That point has done that.
The draw has about zero impact on our top 4 chase. We lose and we still need an Woolwich draw. The difference is top 4 on GD vs by 1pt. The average person legitimately has no mathematical ability. Ridiculous anyone is agreeing when it’s fundamentally inaccurate

The draw has about zero impact on our top 4 chase. We lose and we still need an Woolwich draw. The difference is top 4 on GD vs by 1pt. The average person legitimately has no mathematical ability. Ridiculous anyone is agreeing when it’s fundamentally inaccurate

There are permutations with 7 matches to be played (them 4, us 3) where 1 point could matter..... Your post assumes that both teams won't stumble accross the line and can't drop points in more than 1 game.

The Juve game at Wembley was a brutal lesson (players were naive, but not Poch's finest hour), but it's fair to say things played out rather differently the year after.
I think that team did well, the naïve narrative has won over what I think was 3 minutes of inexperience, madness. immaturity, when they got ahead, they were experienced at locking it down; Kane still went near last minute.
We had 23 shots in that match. Juve got lucky.

Agree, I think a team's general quality/form/injuries is often a better indicator than what's at stake. A desperate struggle to survive relegation can galvanise but it can also lead to stupid mistakes out of desperation.

For me Newcastle seem like the best bet in that regard.

Yes. This is Newcastle’s last home game and they will really want to put on a performance. Saying that, i think Leeds are getting a draw today. We live in hope.

There are permutations with 7 matches to be played (them 4, us 3) where 1 point could matter..... Your post assumes that both teams won't stumble accross the line and can't drop points in more than 1 game.
It's a new day and I'm still annoyed people on here are bemoaning a draw at the hostile cauldron of world football that homes the best team in the world - the almighty Liverpool - when a lot of our own fans were telling us not to bother supporting the boys cos we were gonna get trounced.

Not only do I love the result cos it dents the quadruple dream, I love the result because it's a point more to help our cause. It could be the difference. People need to respect that and give the team their due.

You and your cult of math denying bullshitters can do one
Designer Eye Roll GIF by Hollyoaks

If we win our last 3 the arse as well losing to us have to drop points in one other game so todays draw changes nothing - though if the arse lose to us and Newcastle and beat Leeds and Everton we’d need 4 points from Burnley and Norwich to probably be ahead of them in goal difference

Why do they have to? this is one constant in this thread that we're 100% winning next week and that they're 100% dropping points to someone while we're closing it out with all wins.

Why do they have to? this is one constant in this thread that we're 100% winning next week and that they're 100% dropping points to someone while we're closing it out with all wins.
Agreed there’s overconfidence. There’s a good chance we lose or draw to Woolwich, even if we’re favourites at home.

Tbh even Burnley isn’t a gimme. We could end up with two draws in our next two games quite easily.

The question/statement was how yesterdays draw influenced what the arse HAVE to do IF we win our last 3 games - all ifs and buts and to me every point is crucial because the aim is to amass as many points as you can over a season.

Thankfully everything is not set in stone and tgere is a degree of unpredictability to every game - would be a tedious game if this was not the case .
I have zero confidence we will win on Thursday but at least we are in the race

You and your cult of math denying bullshitters can do one

Currently a 1 point gap:

Us:

NLD: 3
Bur: 0
Nor: 3

Them:

Lee: 3
NLD: 0
New: 1
Eve: 1

OR:

Us:

NLD: 3
Bur: 1
Nor: 1

Them:

Lee:1
NLD: 0
New: 0
Eve: 3

= 2 x examples of yday's point making the difference with us prevailing on GD.

You failed at mathS. :mourfinger:

Last edited:
It's a new day and I'm still annoyed people on here are bemoaning a draw at the hostile cauldron of world football that homes the best team in the world - the almighty Liverpool - when a lot of our own fans were telling us not to bother supporting the boys cos we were gonna get trounced.

Not only do I love the result cos it dents the quadruple dream, I love the result because it's a point more to help our cause. It could be the difference. People need to respect that and give the team their due.
Amen 👏

Back
Top Bottom