The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm confident but I'm also nervous. Someone reassure me and tell me it's gonna be OK. Hold me close and whisper sweet nothings into my ear.
I think the fact that some Spurs fans on social media seem to take pride in being “spursy” and not being confident beating Norwich are why other fans make fun of us.

If we want to elevate then games like this shouldn’t make you nervous. We aren’t going to win the league again if we aren’t confident we can beat the worst teams in the league.

The extremely short turn we had from Woolwich to Burnley played a role in why that game was so tight. And even with that, we had several good scoring chances.

With a full week of rest, Conte drawing up his magic, our form in both attack and defense, I'm as confident as any Spurs fan has a right to be.

That said, when I'm watching this from the Dominican Republic on Sunday, I'm going to be a nervous wreck. Good thing drinks are free.

No reason at all we shouldn't win this game comfortably, but crazy crap can happen.

They’re both right and wrong.

At the start if you’ve said this youthful Woolwich side would finish 5th, many would’ve been surprised. Most pundits had them 7th - or lower!

But expectations change as the season goes on, and from the position they were in and considering Leicester & United fell off a cliff & we had Nuno, they messed up a huge opportunity.
I think the gravity of their situation will only hit once next season is under way properly. This was it, the big chance to get into CL again after five long years. All the clubs competing against them for 4th were hamstrung by instability or fixture congestion.

A few Arse twitter people have realised what this means. They won't have another chance like it any time soon. With the CL goes their hopes of a big transfer window to close the gap. United will probably get 5th, leaving them to compete with Leicester and Spam for 6th. The threat of Newcastle also looms large on the horizon.

They’re both right and wrong.

At the start if you’ve said this youthful Woolwich side would finish 5th, many would’ve been surprised. Most pundits had them 7th - or lower!

But expectations change as the season goes on, and from the position they were in and considering Leicester & United fell off a cliff & we had Nuno, they messed up a huge opportunity.

Yeah, i get that mate.

But its their fan base and loyal pundits who were oozing with confidence about 3 weeks ago. Irrespective of what expectations were pre-season, those are fluid, and they choked under pressure.

Not saying you're right or wrong, but where'd you pluck that 150-200m figure from?
Thin air.

CL is 50-75M, the stadium revenue (incl events), the trust/faith in Conte, the foundation of low wage bill vs peers……

I expect us to spend 300M gross on 5/6 with a lot of movement out so 150-200M net

I think the fact that some Spurs fans on social media seem to take pride in being “spursy” and not being confident beating Norwich are why other fans make fun of us.

If we want to elevate then games like this shouldn’t make you nervous. We aren’t going to win the league again if we aren’t confident we can beat the worst teams in the league.
This. Unless you believe in a 'curse' there must be a common denominator through the years. Something to do with the fans and backroom culture

This. Unless you believe in a 'curse' there must be a common denominator through the years. Something to do with the fans and backroom culture
think its a feeling around the club, fans & media "spurs well be spurs"
City had it until they started winning something each season
that is what we have to do win something each season that gets the mindset of winning

Some fans love to wear the Spursy medallion round their neck and wear it like a badge of honour because they just love to wallow in their own self pity when it comes to our club.

The extremely short turn we had from Woolwich to Burnley played a role in why that game was so tight. And even with that, we had several good scoring chances.

With a full week of rest, Conte drawing up his magic, our form in both attack and defense, I'm as confident as any Spurs fan has a right to be.

That said, when I'm watching this from the Dominican Republic on Sunday, I'm going to be a nervous wreck. Good thing drinks are free.

No reason at all we shouldn't win this game comfortably, but crazy crap can happen.
Are you at club tropicana?

I wasn’t happy that we didn’t go for the win in the latter stages against Liverpool. I didn’t think we would get 4 after the Brighton/Brentford results. It feels so good to be proven wrong on this, so so so good. I hate football sometimes but God do I love it sometimes.

I think anyone saying we should have gone for a win at Liverpool is just being silly.

To you being proved wrong, I don't see it like that and let's get 4th first before we start throwing the confetti.

Benta: Is already bought.... Wasn't a loan.
Kulu: CL qualification + 15 apps = triggers his purchase clause.... He's played 17 so far.
Bought, but doesn’t mean we’ve paid for him so it could impact summer budget although you would think Levy will try and continue the Klarna paylater purchases this summer (payments deferred until 2023)

Some fans love to wear the Spursy medallion round their neck and wear it like a badge of honour because they just love to wallow in their own self pity when it comes to our club.
A lot of fans sadly don’t have your admirable level of intellect , fortitude and bravery . Remember these are gifts that have been bestowed upon you , don’t take that responsibility lightly

Lift people up , don’t bring them down

It’s your duty.

Back
Top Bottom