The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Weird hypothetical being 0-3 up at 85 mins - of course he’d give it to Sonny!!

More to consider if somehow we were 3-2 down with 5 minutes left, with Sonny 1 goal away from the golden boot.

Sorry Sonny but H to take it for me!!

I think in here you took it to another extreme.
In such circumstance 99% would give it to Kane.

I think situation where we have actual question would be something like if we would be 2:1 or 3:1 up with 35 minutes to go and Norwich looking dangerous.

Then it is worth considering.

In 3:0 up with little to go - question is if we are afraid Norwich will score 4 if Son does not put it away - unrealistic.
in 3:2 down with 5 minutes left - we desperately need a goal, we certainly need to maximize the chances of taking it - put Kane to spot with him having scored past 23 across 4 years.

I just made an interesting observation...

You know how we have so much better GD than Goons, so it will allow us to even qualify with a draw?!?
Guess what, this is purely result of recent strong performances.

After our hopes were down and we had lost to Wolves 0:2...
Since then we have played 13 games in EPL.
During that run our track record is 9 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses (2,23 ppg)
In progress we have scored crackling 34 goals and conceded 10. And these games involved ManCity, Liverpool, ManUre and Woolscum. That is gd of +24... our current GD ?!? +24 !!
So on average we scored 2,6 and conceded 0,77 goals.

This is also epic praise to our backline. To keep opposition on 0,77 goals on average in run that includes 4 out of 5 "top 6" opposition + Wet Spam, Leicester and newly-rich Newcastle - our defense has done really well. So Kudos to Lloris, Ben, Eric, Christian and Davinson ! well done!

Completely agree - out go Ndom (free), GLC (20), Lucas (20), Berg (25), Royal (15) and Reg (25)

That’s 105 and we should be able to rustle up another
150/200

I have faith in Paratici getting deals done, and in Conte and him in selecting gettable players

Even if the fees are half that, with the sheer wages saved, with CL and the new Stadium and no further blue sky development expenses on ENICs list, there are A LOT of money to go round.

I'm confident but I'm also nervous. Someone reassure me and tell me it's gonna be OK. Hold me close and whisper sweet nothings into my ear.

I’ve supported Spurs for over 60 years , so I know our histrionics , but I’m very confident , even chilled about Sundays game . We’ve got this , keep the faith ! COYS
Me too. We've got a whole week to recover and plan.

Of course it's possible that something uncontrollable happens (see lasagne) but why worry about something we can't account for.

Theres no way after the season we've had that Conte won't put everything into this game.

Even if the fees are half that, with the sheer wages saved, with CL and the new Stadium and no further blue sky development expenses on ENICs list, there are A LOT of money to go round.
Agree - hopefully that aloof, midget cunt will finally close a deal for naming rights too

Regardless, Norwich is a must win. If not, then we have no business in that tile.

If won, nothing should go wrong

Major League Baseball Reaction GIF by Detroit Tigers

If the team comes down with monkey pox on Sunday I’ll blame you : ostrich:

And just like I thought, Woolwich being given every excuse in the book - Gab Agbonlahor saying that they're a young team and they were never expected to challenge for top 4 and we have two World Class players and Conte blah blah blah

Funny that cause we weren't given this much sympathy when were were labelled bottlers and that we finished 3rd in a two horse race in 2015/16 even though we were never fucking top of the league at any point...our average age of the squad back then was 23.9 years old which is younger than the Woolwich team now.

But you know, narrative gonna narrative and all that.

Said this to my scum supporting mate. We legit had a team of kids, no squad depth all the excuses being rolled out for them. Yet we where serial bottlers, and they where plucky under dogs this season. Despite them being the league's biggest spenders

Mental gymnastics have been wild by most of the media

Said this to my scum supporting mate. We legit had a team of kids, no squad depth all the excuses being rolled out for them. Yet we where serial bottlers, and they where plucky under dogs this season. Despite them being the league's biggest spenders

Mental gymnastics have been wild by most of the media

I'd actually concur that they do indeed have a wafer thin squad of young and/or mostly shit players and indeed did over-achieve by finishing above a shit ManU & WH...... IF they didn't spend all season banging on about how good they all were (and even have a few yids along for the ride).

It's all just back-peddling cope-ium, cos yet agaaaain their big gobs were writing cheques their sorry asses can't cash.

FUCK THEM; THEY'RE BOTTLING, DERBY-DODGING, NOMAD SCUM-BAGS.

:dembelefingers:

Last edited:
Yes could be over £200m to splash after sales although we are spending a decent whack on Rom and Kulu this summer already.

Completely agree - out go Ndom (free), GLC (20), Lucas (20), Berg (25), Royal (15) and Reg (25)

That’s 105 and we should be able to rustle up another
150/200

I have faith in Paratici getting deals done, and in Conte and him in selecting gettable players

Not saying you're right or wrong, but where'd you pluck that 150-200m figure from?

Yes could be over £200m to splash after sales although we are spending a decent whack on Rom and Kulu this summer already.
Deki is on loan until next year. Option to buy this year or at end of loan. So we may defer the purchase until next year. Benta we'd have to buy this year, however, I think.

Deki is on loan until next year. Option to buy this year or at end of loan. So we may defer the purchase until next year. Benta we'd have to buy this year, however, I think.

Benta: Is already bought.... Wasn't a loan.
Kulu: CL qualification + 15 apps = triggers his purchase clause.... He's played 17 so far.

Last edited:
The most common narrative now in woolwich circles if this.

" If we were offered 5th spot at the start of the season, we would have taken it ".

Pathetic bunch of cunts. Now, its a successful season.

The most common narrative now in woolwich circles if this.

" If we were offered 5th spot at the start of the season, we would have taken it ".

Pathetic bunch of cunts. Now, its a successful season.

They’re both right and wrong.

At the start if you’ve said this youthful Woolwich side would finish 5th, many would’ve been surprised. Most pundits had them 7th - or lower!

But expectations change as the season goes on, and from the position they were in and considering Leicester & United fell off a cliff & we had Nuno, they messed up a huge opportunity.

They’re both right and wrong.

At the start if you’ve said this youthful Woolwich side would finish 5th, many would’ve been surprised. Most pundits had them 7th - or lower!

But expectations change as the season goes on, and from the position they were in and considering Leicester & United fell off a cliff & we had Nuno, they messed up a huge opportunity.

Pundits perhaps, but their fans wanked themselves silly over their trf window combining with their already 'amazing' core of prodigious youth and Partey, Auba, Laca, Tierney blah blah.

......And the mis-gudged bravado only got worse as the season rolled on.

I'd actually concur that they do indeed have a wafer thin squad of young and/or mostly shit players and indeed did over-achieve by finishing above a shit ManU & WH...... IF they didn't spend all season banging on about how good they all were (and even have a few yids along for the ride).

It's all just back-peddling cope-ium, cos yet agaaaain their big gobs were writing cheques their sorry asses can't cash.

FUCK THEM; THEY'RE BOTTLING, DERBY-DODGING, NOMAD SCUM-BAGS.

:dembelefingers:

Pundits perhaps, but their fans wanked themselves silly over their trf window combining with their already 'amazing' core of prodigious youth and Partey, Auba, Laca, Tierney blah blah.

That’s just fans being fans.

I do actually think Woolwich have a good lineup. Just really bad depth and a poor CF situation, plus a real lack of experienced top players. If I was ‘one of them’ (ew..) I wouldn’t be overly dismayed.

Arteta is awful though & aforementioned issues need fixing. Loss of Tierney & Partey broke them as the backups are so far behind. But seriously, while they have Arteta we have nothing to worry about, Conte is so, so far ahead. The biggest difference.

Back
Top Bottom