The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hope it's called.

Woolwich are now under pressure. Big pressure.

I am not saying we will definitely beat Norwich but it's now a week's rest and we will be ready.

Woolwich have to realistically win both games. They know that.

If they go 1 down tomorrow they could easily lose their heads.
Their injuries are really catching up with them. If they were full strength, I would expect an away win but Gabriel joining the others on the treatment table is huge

Everton down to 10 men! Straight Red!

Season 6 Episode 3 GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Woolwich have a great record at Newcastle, I can see them winning tomorrow.

I think we've left it too late, which is a shame!
We didn't leave it too late, it was in our hands when Arse lost 3 in a row but we blew it against Brighton and Brentford.

They have a good record at Newcastle and Im not sure where Newcastle's goals are going to come from, they are dire in front of goal.

Eriksen can do us a favour today, too. Beating Everton will give them something to play for. Leeds got a point, which made it more interesting.
I personally feel too much stock is put in teams needing something to play for. While it should guarantee that the team plays at 100%, the pressure and occasion can really get to teams and make them beat themselves.

With Everton only needing one win in their remaining 3 games (including Brentford), The only way they will need "something to play for" is if they can't win their next two - which will make them lose the confidence that they have recently built up, mean they have ran themselves into the ground playing 3 games in 7 days and really be feeling the pressure.

I think they have more chance of beating Woolwich if they hold out to win today tbh. Edit: Brentford score as I press send

Last edited:
I personally feel too much stock is put in teams needing something to play for. While it should guarantee that the team plays at 100%, the pressure and occasion can really get to teams and make them beat themselves.

With Everton only needing one win in there remaining 3 games (including Brentford), The only way they will need "something to play for" is if they can't win their next two - which will make them lose the confidence that they have recently built up, mean they have ran themselves into the ground playing 3 games in 7 days and really be feeling the pressure.

I think they have more chance of beat Woolwich if they hold out to win today tbh. Edit: Brentford score as I press send

Yep super post. It's chicken and egg for me.

A confident side with nothing to play for is, in my opinion more dangerous than a side playing poorly but having it all to play for.

There is real irony in us hoping Newcastle do us a favour.

I think I prefer that they play for themselves and we benefit by them doing so.

Their presence in the coming years will be as unwelcome as City's and Chelsea's in my opinion.

So I won't be cheering for them but will cheer for us.

There is real irony in us hoping Newcastle do us a favour.

I think I prefer that they play for themselves and we benefit by them doing so.

Their presence in the coming years will be as unwelcome as City's and Chelsea's in my opinion.

So I won't be cheering for them but will cheer for us.

At the end of the day, we deal with that shit when it arrives. Right now we desperately need Woolwich to drop points.

Back
Top Bottom