The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

absolutely buzzing for the summer and next season. got a manager whos regarded as being elite. best stadium in the fucking world, elite training facilities. a CB whos got potential to be best in the world, a front 3 that is mouth watering.....bring on the summer! title challenge next year!

Wow to be in a situation where a point would do from Norwich is unbelievable, really didn’t think they’d drop points again after we embarrassed them. This is one of the biggest bottle jobs either of us have ever pulled off (and that’s saying something cause Theres been some shockers). Can’t get ahead of ourselves though, just thank God for Newcastle.

We need a draw, it's impossible to bottle it.
Pukki hat-trick incoming!!!

What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

Yeah but you need to carry the same energy for those you mocked if that is indeed your argument, if people thought that we could still finish top 4 at the time then why are you belittling them? The point is you were being a bit of an arse, maybe if you didn't call them delusional then this wouldn't even have been brought up - also it's just a bit of fun really, nothing to get worked up about I think.

Fair's fair, you gotta take your medicine my man.

I said it was delusional to think we would finish 4th when we had lost 4 out of our last 5 games, in context I don't really believe that could be considered mockery, it was more of a factual statement at the time given our form imo.

If we had continued that form (thankfully we didn't) then it would have been delusional to believe we would finish fourth, hence why I said it seems silly to go back and quote that post as some sort of "gotcha."

I am happy to admit I was wrong about us not being able to finish 4th and I have already admitted I was belittling in the way I wrote it and I am happy for people to point it out, I should have maybe handled that better and used a different word than delusional.

But I still believe it is silly to go back and quote something months and months old which really wasn't that big of a deal in terms of an opinion, I don't think it was massively offensive? Maybe it was and I am wrong on that as well but to use it as a point to prove for what? Idk, Just seems a little odd to me but it is what it is.

Not worked up, I assure you, just thought it was silly and a bit childish, I could go back and point out a number of things people got wrong from months ago and stupid things people have said but it's just not worth my time or effort and again, seems a little, well, weird to put it frankly but eh, is what it is.

I said it was delusional to think we would finish 4th when we had lost 4 out of our last 5 games, in context I don't really believe that could be considered mockery, it was more of a factual statement at the time given our form imo.

If we had continued that form (thankfully we didn't) then it would have been delusional to believe we would finish fourth, hence why I said it seems silly to go back and quote that post as some sort of "gotcha."

I am happy to admit I was wrong about us not being able to finish 4th and I have already admitted I was belittling in the way I wrote it and I am happy for people to point it out, I should have maybe handled that better and used a different word than delusional.

But I still believe it is silly to go back and quote something months and months old which really wasn't that big of a deal in terms of an opinion, I don't think it was massively offensive? Maybe it was and I am wrong on that as well but to use it as a point to prove for what? Idk, Just seems a little odd to me but it is what it is.

Not worked up, I assure you, just thought it was silly and a bit childish, I could go back and point out a number of things people got wrong from months ago and stupid things people have said but it's just not worth my time or effort and again, seems a little, well, weird to put it frankly but eh, is what it is.

You literally mocked people, just rest.

absolutely buzzing for the summer and next season. got a manager whos regarded as being elite. best stadium in the fucking world, elite training facilities. a CB whos got potential to be best in the world, a front 3 that is mouth watering.....bring on the summer! title challenge next year!
Well I think 3rd or 4th next season should be very likely. But still a bit off the title I am afraid unless we sign 4 or so good players

If Conté plays his best team (Kane, Son, Kulusevski) Spurs win and Son getting 2 goals would be a bonus. Woolwich lost their bottle and cannot handle pressure.
Spurs have had refs against them for years so they know how to deal with adversity.
Champions' League football would get major investment for Conté to build for a possible title challenge next season.
I love you Gobby. 💕

Back
Top Bottom