The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We’ve tried that and it always results in us getting knocked out at the group stage (Europe) or first round (domestic cups).

Maybe in the League cup, but other cups we should go strong from the start and try to win the thing.

"Always" is s massive stretch in that statement.

When's the last time we didn't get out if the group in Europe (besides being kicked out of the Conf. Lg on a covid technicality)?????

We tried rotating before and we couldnt win a game. Son and kane always had to come on. I'm not going to go through all the games. We all remember them. The second string is never good enough.

We went strong before and couldn't win either.

In the games we did rotate, I assume the ones we didn't win were the ones when we rotated 3/4s of the starting eleven. Not a single person in this thread has called for that.

But we'd be fucking moronic to not utilise the squad in the group stages.

Ffs, the manager already gets pelters for not rotating during league fixtures!

We couldnt win an away game for love nor money. This is a good enough team to beat Antwerp away (no idea why this game stuck in my mind out of all of the examples). It was down to attitude and mentality.

Yeah I genuinely think that our mentality was on the floor back then and we didn't have any direction as a club, it was clear how many players were just playing for themselves and not the badge, thankfully we've moved away from that now.

We tried rotating before and we couldnt win a game. Son and kane always had to come on. I'm not going to go through all the games. We all remember them. The second string is never good enough.

Rotating and giving game time to newer players doesn’t have to mean playing a full XI of back-up players......

Players like Dragusin pretty much have to play these kinds of early cup games for multiple reasons.

We couldnt win an away game for love nor money. This is a good enough team to beat Antwerp away (no idea why this game stuck in my mind out of all of the examples). It was down to attitude and mentality.

Bare in mind that was NINE changes from the weekend game with only Lloris and Davies starting.

That's ridiculous and shouldn't be happening. There's using the squad and then there is being silly. Rotating pretty much your entire eleven shows you exactly what the club thinks of the competition.

We've always gone into Europa League almost thinking it's below us. I hope Ange can drill the opposite into them.

Rotating and giving game time to newer players doesn’t have to mean playing a full XI of back-up players......

Players like Dragusin pretty much have to play these kinds of early cup games for multiple reasons.

We did that in those games. It doesn't work unless our mentality changes.

Look at some of those away defeats and limp performances.

Rotation in real life isnt as simple as swapping a few players in like in football manager of FIFA.

Players need games but it has to be done realistically. Come on, we all know that.

Bare in mind that was NINE changes from the weekend game with only Lloris and Davies starting.

That's ridiculous and shouldn't be happening. There's using the squad and then there is being silly. Rotating pretty much your entire eleven shows you exactly what the club thinks of the competition.

We've always gone into Europa League almost thinking it's below us. I hope Ange can drill the opposite into them.

Bizarrely. But I suspect it doesnt always come from the manager. The club seem to think the competition is beneath us. It is weird.

Wow you know I never really understood the meaning of triggered....but credit to ya Brian you fixed that right up!!!!

Trigger GIF by MOODMAN

This one always sticks in my mind.

Rotated as we were in a title race. Which is understandable.
But still means we won nothing that season…..

Strength of our squad under Poch was crazy good wasn’t it
:mourweird::mourwhat::mourweird:

We did that in those games. It doesn't work unless our mentality changes.

Look at some of those away defeats and limp performances.

Rotation in real life isnt as simple as swapping a few players in like in football manager of FIFA.

Players need games but it has to be done realistically. Come on, we all know that.

What does "realistically" mean in this context then? .........There's nothing extreme about my last post.

I'm still waiting for the dude above to tell me all these years when we got knocked out of the group stages seeing as it "always" happens

Back
Top Bottom