The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We could easily win the next 3 and go to Emirates top
Not sure I'd want to be top going to the Emirates - silly I know.

Those tossers don't need any more incentive to turn up - I'd rather they go into the game thinking they were Billy big bollocks and underestimate us.

Not sure I'd want to be top going to the Emirates - silly I know.

Those tossers don't need any more incentive to turn up - I'd rather they go into the game thinking they were Billy big bollocks and underestimate us.
Agree with this, the team never does well under pressure, and or when there is expectancy on it, normally the spursy bit comes out.

Agree with this, the team never does well under pressure, and or when there is expectancy on it, normally the spursy bit comes out.

Maybe, but "the team" is an evolving thing and this is in so many ways a different team. You got me curious. There will in all likelyhood be two, count them two, of the same players in the starting line-up as the team in the same fixture last season. One remaining from two seasons ago.

Maybe, but "the team" is an evolving thing and this is in so many ways a different team. You got me curious. There will in all likelyhood be two, count them two, of the same players in the starting line-up as the team in the same fixture last season. One remaining from two seasons ago.
Indeed and a younger team as an average.

Well at the very least we should not get walked over like last season ,we have had an encouraging start but after about ten games we will have clearer picture about where we stand .

Last edited:
I predicted 6th before a ball was kicked and that's looking good so far. I don't recall any predictions from pundits having us in the top 6.

And at the moment we look better than Newcastle and Man Utd, who have to play twice a week as well.

For anyone that thinks our transfer window was terrible, just remember that Utd finished the game with Maguire and Jonny Evans at the back

United should have won. Not offside IMO. But appalling defense for Rice goal
I understand people liking the black and white / right and wrong style decisions, but the forensic investigation to get there sucks the life out of a game. That was a lovely counter attack goal.

For anyone that thinks our transfer window was terrible, just remember that Utd finished the game with Maguire and Jonny Evans at the back

Not to mention that in 4 games we have scored 11 goals, despite all the pundits saying we'd struggle to score without Kane.

Too early to look at placings but 10 points out of a possible 12 with in our last match 4 completely new signings starting and Udogie in his debut season suggests something went right in the Transfer Window.

We'll likely end some games with Dier and Sanchez at the back ....

There is no way we don’t make top 4 this season. I know that’s bold to say that and it’s early days for us but there’s reasons for it. City will win the league and nobody with half a brain will argue that. Look at everyone else,Chelsea will continue to be the mess they were last year and watching them you don’t see any improvement in them. Utd are soft touches now and you can overrun them especially with their midfield having no legs. Amrabat doesn’t really add to that so when they come up against mobility in there they are fucked. Newcastle punched well above their weight and are getting found out. Woolwich are quite predictable in my eyes and won’t get as many points as last season. Rice makes them stronger in there but havertz hasn’t improved them and an injury to Saka would kill them. Liverpool look stronger than last season and have more legs and energy about them so I think they will be up there. As for the rest Villa are hit and miss and Brighton will be exciting to watch but look far too open.
We were an abomination last season and we weren’t too far away from 4th position points wise. We will concede less and score more in the system that we are playing which ultimately give us more points.
I know it’s early days but there’s nothing in this league from week to week that we should be frightened of. Why can’t we aim high and put a challenge in? We probably won’t win it but we won’t be struggling down in 6th or below.
This is only the start but it excites the fuck out me where we can be in the next few years.

Back
Top Bottom