The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What I don't get is we've taken 19 points out of the last 24, 6 wins from 8, yet apparently we're still 5 points behind them. Surely a mistake has been made somewhere?

What I don't get is we've taken 19 points out of the last 24, 6 wins from 8, yet apparently we're still 5 points behind them. Surely a mistake has been made somewhere?

Mistakes are made. Like when the refs hands Leicester an offside goal, when the refs don't give Newcastle a penalty, Sissoko can't hit a team mate in a 4v2 situation in Leicesters box. Mistakes are made.

Lucky ****s.

Mistakes are made. Like when the refs hands Leicester an offside goal, when the refs don't give Newcastle a penalty, Sissoko can't hit a team mate in a 4v2 situation in Leicesters box. Mistakes are made.

Lucky ****s.
Some of our fans are pathetic whingers. These things happen in football, they are better than us this season at the moment as the table shows ,as we are better than the arse as the table shows.

Remaining fixtures
Leicester
Tottenham
Crystal Palace (a) Bournemouth (h)
Southampton (h)
Liverpool (a)
Sunderland (a) Man Utd (h)
West Ham (h)
Stoke (a)
Swansea (h) West Brom (h)
Man Utd (a) Chelsea (a)
Everton (h) Southampton (h)
Chelsea (a) Newcastle (a)

None of these games are certainties for either team. You would think that both teams will drop points, but then in the run in to win the title both teams will be trying to win each and every game, each of these games is a cup final where you give everything. Even with a few games to go if the deficit is only 5 points it will not be clear who will win. If we can keep that difference 5 points or less than the pressure will build on them each game. It is much easier to chase than be chased. When it goes down to 3 points or 2 points the pressure will become sickening for them. We just need to keep winning our games. It doesn't matter how, we just need three points every time.

Woolwich and City are out of it, gone, no fucking way either of them are good enough to make up the difference. It's us or Leicester, either way it's the most exciting title challenge ever and I believe we have enough to win it.

Leicester haven't been dropping too many points recently, but I'd say their performances have dropped. There is definitely a chance that they will drop points too. I still think they will have some wobbles, hopefully we can stay strong and take advantage of any chances that come our way. Still a lot of points to play for.

Wouldn't write goons off either. After the Barca game they will have nothing to play for barring the league and should be well up for every game.

Some of our fans are pathetic whingers. These things happen in football, they are better than us this season at the moment as the table shows ,as we are better than the arse as the table shows.

And some of our fans are simple people who don't understand that the table doesn't necessarily rank teams in order of performance.

We all have our weaknesses. One of mine is that I like to vent my frustration at other teams' success by blaiming refs and luck, especially when the cunts are lucky and have the refs handing them points consistently.

Maybe Im stating the obvious or just protecting my emotions if it all goes tits up?
We must not forget what we have achieved this season so far. As the title is possible and missing out would be disappointing, its not disaster. This has been a brilliant footballing year for us and we have performed beyond expectations, we need to move on next season and get better. There is 8 games to play, 24 points to play for so lets enjoy.
LC can only lose it form here, its in their control. All we can do is carry on as we are and keep close until the last few games when the pressure will be more apparent for them to go on and win it. I feel if we get a second chance to go top and get ahead, we will take it and romp home. We just need that opportunity .

K2usWVX.png

And some of our fans are simple people who don't understand that the table doesn't necessarily rank teams in order of performance.

We all have our weaknesses. One of mine is that I like to vent my frustration at other teams' success by blaiming refs and luck, especially when the cunts are lucky and have the refs handing them points consistently.

Don't suppose you could keep your emotions to yourself as they are embarrassing. Making out one teams luckier than others. Were they lucky or unlucky against the Arse? Lucky that Huth's header went in, lucky they have Mahrez
Their team cost peanuts and they are top of the league.
Man up and blame tour team(if you have to) for being 5 points behind, not luck

All our draws earlier in the season killed us...
As in collecting points to be top , yes. As in collecting points to be 2nd no. We musnt underestimate how important it was to collect them points. Morale has kept good and we are sitting 2nd with 8 games to play. We can all look back over the season and find what ifs? The season so far has been excellant an its not over. I sence we are all feeling a little disheartened becuaes LC are good for top spot. They must slip up at some point. They are winning games by the one goal so open for draws.lets play Bournemouth and see where we are on Sunday.

Let's just remember when the Dippers were clear favourites in 2013/2014 fell at the last hurdle after sweeping all before them. There are 8 games to go, a couple of draws for the rodents and we take maximum points we'll be level. Still some twists and turns to go. In the mean time let's consolidate our place in the top two.

Back
Top Bottom