The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unfortunately Rafa has had to pick Newcastle players for tonight.
:pochsulk:

tonight main course, 'shat au all over Leicester's title bid'

hqdefault.jpg

5 points to make up with 8 games left.

No team has ever LOST out on the league when being 5 points clear with 8 games to go. We have to travel to Liverpool, Stoke and Chelsea and I'd say those were our hardest away fixtures remaining. We are going to need a flawless run to win the league but it's still possible.

We win a few games and Leicester draw a few and we're back up there. Crystal Palace put every man behind the ball and use their pace on the break and sneak a 1-0 win against Leicester or get a draw whilst we beat Bournemouth and we're either going to be 3 points behind them (with a better goal difference) or 2 points behind them and breathing right down their necks whilst they host a tricky Southampton side. We do travel to Anfield on that gameweek though.

We won't give up as a team and we as fans shouldn't give up neither. Not until it's over anyway. Just remember, we went into this season hoping for top four and we're very close to securing that.

We have the best goal difference in the league, joint top goalscorers, best defence in the league and we're above City, Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool and Woolwich.

5 points to make up with 8 games left.
We win a few games and Leicester draw a few and we're back up there. Crystal Palace put every man behind the ball and use their pace on the break and sneak a 1-0 win against Leicester or get a draw whilst we beat Bournemouth and we're either going to be 3 points behind them (with a better goal difference) or 2 points behind them and breathing right down their necks whilst they host a tricky Southampton side. We do travel to Anfield on that gameweek though.

We won't give up as a team and we as fans shouldn't give up neither. Not until it's over anyway. Just remember, we went into this season hoping for top four and we're very close to securing that.

We have the best goal difference in the league, joint top goalscorers, best defence in the league and we're above City, Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool and Woolwich.

It's come to this, when we're relying on these two to help us out in consecutive games where we're not even playing...

:townhmm::adewtf:

...one down... (literally!) the other will probably miss on purpose, just out of spite!!

I've just double checked. United were 8 points clear with 6 games to go in 2012 and City won the league on goal difference.

. Just remember, we went into this season hoping for top four and we're very close to securing that. We have the best goal difference in the league, joint top goalscorers, best defence in the league and we're above City, Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool and Woolwich.
Which if you had said at the start of the season, that would be the case now, would all but have guaranteed us the Title!

LEICSETERY!!

. Just remember, we went into this season hoping for top four and we're very close to securing that. We have the best goal difference in the league, joint top goalscorers, best defence in the league and we're above City, Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool and Woolwich.
Which if you had said at the start of the season, that would be the case now, would all but have guaranteed us the Title!

LEICSETERY!!

liverpool were five clear with two games left and came second two years ago sure didnt they!
Leicester had one on target tonight again and got three points ffs, they have it I'm sorry to say.
We need to get points from anfield and the bridge which doesn't happen often and win every other game hoping they lose one or draw a few.
Highly unlikely but still a chance I guess.

That equaliser last week fucked us imho, we should have beaten woolwich:-/

liverpool were five clear with two games left and came second two years ago sure didnt they!
Leicester had one on target tonight again and got three points ffs, they have it I'm sorry to say.
We need to get points from anfield and the bridge which doesn't happen often and win every other game hoping they lose one or draw a few.
Highly unlikely but still a chance I guess.

That equaliser last week fucked us imho, we should have beaten woolwich:-/
They were 2 points clear of Chelsea, but City had a game in hand to go above them on goal difference. So it's not totally out of the realms of possibility that it could be the same with us considering we are are a gameweek bettering result away from being 3 or 2 points behind them with a better goal difference.

All it takes is a Mahrez slip which allows their opponents to win it.

LEICSETERY!!
Only Spurs could be the best team
In the league and not be top. Also highlights how fucking lucky Leicester are continuing to be.

Every time we build ourselves up to achieve something someone comes out of nowhere to leapfrog us. Chelsea did it. Then City and now Leicester doing this having narrowly avoided relegation last season is just too fucking ridiculous.

Lasagne.

Chelsea winning the CL on penalties.

Hate to be so negative but we all know how this plays out.

:pochfacepalm:

Didnt blackburn lose on the last day and win the PL?
Blackburn only won 2 of their last 5 games. If Man Utd hadn't drawn their final game of the season they'd have won the league. Teams can feel pressure whenever. If we were to claw it back to 3 points, Leicester will know that in less games they have to keep winning because any slip up can cause us to overtake due to our superior goal difference.

Every time we build ourselves up to achieve something someone comes out of nowhere to leapfrog us. Chelsea did it. Then City and now Leicester doing this having narrowly avoided relegation last season is just too fucking ridiculous.

Lasagne.

...ah, but the biiiig difference is, Lasagne & Chelsea were, to be fair 'only' denying us 4th place... this is the FUCKING TITLE... it's bigger than either of those, and, if I stick to what I have to believe, then they were mere character building exercises... our reward will come at the end of the season.

WHO'S TO SAY WE CAN'T DO TO THEM WHAT OTHERS HAVE DONE TO US?

let's be Leicester's Lasagne...
...I wanna be their Roy Carroll...
I wanna see how they react when it's us scoring the crucial 5th penalty, against all the odds, when Messi misses in the Semi, and Bayern fuck it up in the Final!!

...see how they deal with it!

Only Spurs could be the best team
In the league and not be top highlights how fucking lucky Leicester are continuing to be.

Lasagne.

All we can do is try. We may be scarred from past events but this dosnt mean its the future. We need to keep going, Bournmouth win will push us forward.Dont know who LC have, dont care. The footballing gods are on our side Im sure.

Back
Top Bottom