The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, I get you. Just saying, it isn't just about the fans. Commercially, it would not be good for Chelsea if a close London rival in Tottenham won the league.

Anyway, I'll leave it there, not much point me going in about it.

Actually one small edit- it is not beyond professional footballers to show a lack of commitment or effort in games - for all sorts of reasons. We have all seen that. If the game is a dead rubber to them and a draw or win for Leicester meant Spurs not winning the league, I don't see them putti in all their effort in. It's not much of a conspiracy theory
no worries. I well remember desperately hoping we'd lose at Manure last day of the season to stop goons getting the title, and to my horror seeing Ferdinand not reading the script and getting an early goal. Which I would have cheered to the rafters if I'd been there.

Liverpool beat Blackburn Rovers (Dogleash and all) on the last day, even though a loss would have stopped Manure getting the title.

I often think we overestimate footballers' previous allegiances. I also remember that die-hard Rangers nut Dogleash celebrating like mad when he scored against them for Celtic.

er, yes.

Chavski will be picking a team of professional footballers, not a selection of their fans. There's a bit of a difference.

There is, but these are the same professional footballers who basically threw games for half a season because they'd had a barney with their manager and wanted him out the door.

Luckily i agree that, as the holders, i doubt they'll want to see the league won by Leicester at theirs, but i think it will be all sewn up by then anyway.

Not sure if I prefer seeing Leicester play before us, or, us getting the right result and waiting to see how they do? Either way I don't like it! We need 3pts this weekend and we can go into the break knowing we're still within sight of them.

Usually at this time of year we're 5-6th and trying to work out getting 4th. It's much worse dreaming about hitting the summit.

Pts
Bournemouth (h) 3
Liverpool (a) -1
Man Utd (h) -3
Stoke (a) -1
West Brom (h) -3
Chelsea (a) -1
Southampton (h) -3
Newcastle (a) -3

18+58= 76pts

Leicester
Crystal PalacevLeicester -3

LeicestervSouthampton -1
SunderlandvLeicester -3
LeicestervWest Ham -3
LeicestervSwansea -3
Man UtdvLeicester -3
LeicestervEverton -1
ChelseavLeicester -1

18+63 = 81 pts

incredibly fustrating projecting this. I am going to keep bitching about this..bournemouth is a game we cannot lose or draw.

Lets hope History repeats itself with Leicester but we did not benefit but lets not be disappointed with 2nd which was much better than many of us expected earlier in the season.

An interesting comparison.

Have they been here before?

Surprisingly, the answer is yes - Leicester and Spurs were in this exact position 53 years ago. With eight games to go in the English First Division, league leaders Leicester were one point clear of Tottenham in second.

leicester-sky-sports-first-division_3431722.jpg

Leicester led the First Division during the 1962/63 season
But the Foxes' title challenge faltered as they won just one of their final eight matches to drop to fourth. Tottenham stayed second as champions Everton came through to finish the 1962/63 campaign top of the table.

leicester-sky-sports-first-division_3431723.jpg

But Leicester fell away to eventually finish the 1962/63 season in fourth

Leicester
Palace (a) : W
Southampton (h) : D
Sunderland (a) : L
Wet Spam (h) : D
Swansea (h) : W
Man Utd (a) : D
Everton (h) : D
Chelscum (a) : W

76 Points

Tottenham
Bournemouth (h) W
Liverpool (a) D
Man Utd (h) D
Stoke (a) W
West Brom (h) W
Chelscum (a) L
Southampton (h) W
Newcastle (a) W

75 Points
:vdvcry:

Leicester
Southampton (h) : L

73 Points

Tottenham
Bournemouth (h) W
Liverpool (a) D
Man Utd (h) D
Stoke (a) W
West Brom (h) W
Chelscum (a) L
Southampton (h) W
Newcastle (a) W

75 Points

:freundgoal::pochsmirk::sonlol::allitongue::kaneear:

Leicester
Southampton (h) : L

73 75 Points

Tottenham
Bournemouth (h) W
Liverpool (a) D
Man Utd (h) D
Stoke (a) W
West Brom (h) W
Chelscum (a) L
Southampton (h) W
Newcastle (a) W

75 Points

:freundgoal::pochsmirk::sonlol::allitongue::kaneear:

Leicester
Palace (a) : D
Southampton (h) : W
Sunderland (a) : D
Wet Spam (h) : L
Chelscum (a) : L

73 Points

Tottenham
Bournemouth (h) W
Liverpool (a) D
Man Utd (h) W
Stoke (a) D
West Brom (h) W
Chelscum (a) L
Southampton (h) W
Newcastle (a) W

75 Points

:levywhoa:

Looks like at best the majority of us think we'll get 75 points.

Lets hope Leicester don't get a further 14 points from a possible 24.

Basically we can't afford them to win 5 more games.

Leicester
Southampton (h) : W
Sunderland (a) : W
Man Utd (a) : L
Chelscum (a) : L

77 Points

Tottenham
Bournemouth (h) W
Liverpool (a) L
Man Utd (h) D
Stoke (a) W
West Brom (h) W
Chelscum (a) L
Southampton (h) W
Newcastle (a) W

74 Points

Arse
-------------------
EvertonvWoolwich D
WoolwichvWatford W
West HamvWoolwich L
WoolwichvCrystal Palace W
WoolwichvWest Brom W
SunderlandvWoolwich W
WoolwichvNorwich W
Man CityvWoolwich D
WoolwichvAston Villa W

72 points

You are all predicting the title will be won by less points than in the last 10 years. However most are predicting that we will beat our best premiership points total of 72 points which only got us 5th place. Personally I gave up these predictions years ago as I always got them wrong.

Premier League champions' points totals
Season Champions Points
The average points total for champions over last 10 seasons is 87.4
2014-15 Chelsea 87
2013-14 Man City 86
2012-13 Man Utd 89
2011-12 Man City 89
2010-11 Man Utd 80
2009-10 Chelsea 86
2008-09 Man Utd 90
2007-08 Man Utd 87
2006-07 Man Utd 89
2005-06 Chelsea 91

Leicester
---------------
vs. Palace (A) - W
vs. Southampton (H) - D
vs. Sunderland (A) - D
vs. West Ham (H) - D
vs. Swansea (H) - W
vs. Man Utd (A) - L
vs. Everton (H) - D
vs. Chelsea (A) - D

Tottenham
----------------
vs. Bournemouth (H) - W
vs. Liverpool (A) - D
vs. Man Utd (H) - W
vs. Stoke (A) - D
vs. West Brom (H) - W
vs. Chelsea (A) - L
vs. Southampton (H) - W
vs. Newcastle (A) - W

Woolwich
-------------
vs. West Brom (H) - W
vs. Everton (A) - D
vs. Watford (H) - W
vs. West Ham (A) - D
vs. Crystal Palace (H) - W
vs. Sunderland (A) - W
vs. Norwich (H) - W
vs. Man City (A) - D
vs. Aston Villa (H) - W

Man City
--------------
vs. Newcastle (A) - W
vs. Man Utd (H) - W
vs. Bournemouth (A) - W
vs. West Brom (H) - W
vs. Chelsea (A) - L
vs. Stoke (H) - W
vs. Southampton (A) - D
vs. Woolwich (H) - D
vs. Swansea (A) - W

--

When filling out these sort of things, it's always sort of wishful thinking and a lot of on paper results. I mean Man City haven't won a game back to back in the league since October yet I have them losing once in their last 9 games and winning like 4 on the bounce. Woolwich remaining unbeaten throughout the season and both us and Leicester losing just 1 more game. All very UNLIKELY to happen, especially Woolwich.

Ultimately we don't know how they are going to end up as one red card for Kante in a Leicester game could see them lose against Palace in the same vein that Simpsons red saw them lose to Woolwich for example.

What I did notice is that on weekends where you'd hope Leicester would slip up and we can gain points on them, I have ourselves down as either drawing or losing because of how tough the fixtures are which is frustrating.

internal break is important, we need to make sure woy dosent overplay harry and dele. Cant trust the owl looking cunt.

If anything he'll use it as an opportunity to see Vardy play through the middle as well as Drinkwater.

Kane will always be picked ahead of Vardy for England as he is the better all round player. Kane will play in the upcoming matches, as well Dier and Alli I imagine. Just hope, like you said, that clueless ogre faced cunt Woy doesn't get any of them injured.

Back
Top Bottom