The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

While I do agree that we have dropped too many points...

There is no use in discussing where we lost our points, what done is done. We all know how good our team is and the fact that we should have had so many points more is a huge positive. It shows us that we can look forward to a good season next season too, as we are likely to improve with our young squad.

Whatever happens, the belief that this is the only season where we can fight in the top end of the league is a wrong one. To me, we can add a few more players to this squad and fight for the title next season too!

Hate to say it but whatever gives the the feeling that the football gods are on our side? We have been repeatidly royaly fucked over by them. So far this season Leicester are just another example of it happening again.

I'll be so sick to death if we can't even enjoy the phenomenal achievement that finishing 2nd would be because we've lost out on 1st to fucking Leicester City.
I just want to be positive and not get bog down with all the bad vibes on here. We ply football and if their were any footballing gods they would be looking down and wanting us to succeed . LC have Beelzebub looking up at them.

Last edited:
It's said that it will all even out over a season, but that doesn't make it true. It is extremely unlikely that every team will have the exact number of e.g. wrong refereeing decisions going for them as against them over a season.

Now, that being said, I'm not seriously stating that Leicester are were they are simply because of luck, and I definately don't think they've paid the refs.

But I am seriously saying that according to my subjective perspective, Leicester isn't, and hasn't over the course of the season been, the best team.

I do agree though that they are the team with the most points, which seems to be how some rate who's best.
The best team is judgmental. To LC fans they have been best, for me its has to be us. We were all waiting for them to slip up and they haven't, We were all in the belief that they would lose form and they haven't . Along with us, they have shown great form and spirt all season and its getting them results as it is with us. The only luck for them is having not to play other games that may have got in the way. Im hoping their fortune runs out and they start to curse decisions.

Last edited:
K2usWVX.png
Ive just put my house on the result ...COYS don't let me down!

Leicester will drop points. They have been scraping by of late and they're coming up against some tough teams. West Ham, Southampton, United, Chelsea, Everton and a relegation battling Sunderland away are not easy ties.

I reckon Leicester will drop enough points to give us an opportunity to win it. But we completely bottled it against West Ham and Woolwich, showed the Spurs of old and threw away 5 points. If the new-look Spurs turns up for the rest of the season then we'll walk it but I have a feeling that there will be the odd banana skin.

With that being said; who would have put us 2nd with 8 matches to go at the start of the season? Not many. But I'll be gutted if we don't finish top after the season that we've had. Although, if we don't, I hope Leicester do it. I'll be throwing my faeces all over the place if the scum win it.
Firstly, Yes, they have tough game ahead. Secondly, no, we didn't bottle it and thirdly, yes, we have had a great season but its not over.
And finally yes, I will drown in my own faeces if the Scum win the PL.

Those last 3 games are ominous. Almost too many grudges and circumstances for it to be a coincidence.
Chelsea, led by a John Terry at the twilight of his playing years, would like nothing more than to spoil our glory.

Southampton, still bitter about Poch and Alderweireld..

Then Newcastle , possibly desperate for a result to keep them in the league. You can bet that team of mercenaries will be on a 6 figure bonus each if it means Fat Mike Ashley keeps his TV millions next year.

That said,we'll be so fuckin white hot by then we'll smash the lot

Do you honestly think Chelsea will do their best to secure a result that grants the premier league title to Tottenham?
Assuming if even comes to that in terms of points - they might be scraping for Europe themselves

The tin-foil hat theory is a but far fetched for me

Assuming if even comes to that in terms of points - they might be scraping for Europe themselves

Fair enough. I can't see them playing that game with the right commitment personally. Them, West Ham - do anything to fuck us over.

West Ham also have a realistic chance for 4th, imv - nothing is straight forward from now until May

Agree if Chelsea, for example, stood to gain something from winning the match, they would be 100% up for it then. Although they've left it too late for CL and won't want EL.

Anyway doesn't matter, we can't rely on other teams, just have to make sure we win our games and hope for the best.

Am i the only one who believes that the chavs will be looking to show leicester that they are better than them being the previous champions?

Nah, you're probably in the majority even. I don't know, just can't see anyone at chelsea football club wanting to give the title to Tottenham. Not only because of the level of hatred their fans (and some of their players) have for us, but also because they will want their position in London to remain, not to be overshadowed by an emerging Tottenham who have just won the premier league.

This is all ifs and buts though of course, perhaps the result of that game will not have any bearing on things by that point.

The thing is though , lasagne-gate. Chavs winning the CL & so one has probably made many Spurs fans think that the most surreal of scenarios can happen

Personally I see us winning the league but having it striped from us for having the wrong shade of green on the pitch , a new ruling by uefa that will be passed once it's clear we will win it.

er, yes.

Chavski will be picking a team of professional footballers, not a selection of their fans. There's a bit of a difference.

Yeah, I get you. Just saying, it isn't just about the fans. Commercially, it would not be good for Chelsea if a close London rival in Tottenham won the league.

Anyway, I'll leave it there, not much point me going in about it.

Actually one small edit- it is not beyond professional footballers to show a lack of commitment or effort in games - for all sorts of reasons. We have all seen that. If the game is a dead rubber to them and a draw or win for Leicester meant Spurs not winning the league, I don't see them putti in all their effort in. It's not much of a conspiracy theory

It should not matter what other teams do. We need to be good enough to beat everyone along the way. End of story. The only team that could roll over easy is our own sadly, let's just be confident we won't repeat that West Ham performance and win 7/7 that's it. Coys

Yeah, I get you. Just saying, it isn't just about the fans. Commercially, it would not be good for Chelsea if a close London rival in Tottenham won the league.

Anyway, I'll leave it there, not much point me going in about it.

Actually one small edit- it is not beyond professional footballers to show a lack of commitment or effort in games - for all sorts of reasons. We have all seen that. If the game is a dead rubber to them and a draw or win for Leicester meant Spurs not winning the league, I don't see them putti in all their effort in. It's not much of a conspiracy theory

In 2005 Pompey let West Brom win knowing it could well send their rivals, Southampton down, which was the end result. Chelsea absolutely would do this to us to stop us winning the title. So it is a factor in my view, but hopefully we'll be level or ahead of Leicester by then anyway.

Back
Top Bottom