The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was never expecting Swansea to beat Leicester - they've been pants all season.

We win tonight, it's back to 5 points.

Then we have Chelsea and they have man utd - both away

Chelsea will be tough but we CAN win - so say a win for us. I'll be an optimist and say that Leicester's incredible luck runs out at the feet of an in form Marcus Rashford and they'll lose.

I think we'll beat S'hampton and fuck it, I'll say a draw between Everton and Leicester. That brings the points to even stevens but we'll have a superior GD.

I think we'll beat Newcastle despite not usually doing well up there, this team is a different breed now. Chelsea will roll over, probs, so that leaves us on the same points but more than likely us with a superior GD.

Titles is ours and that's how it is going to happen, mother fucking bitches

Don't think I won't karate kick you round the head son. :parker:

Sandro hoping to halt former side Tottenham's title challenge
By Simeon Gholam
Last Updated: 24/04/16 8:00pm

sandro-exclusive-interview_3452897.jpg

Former Tottenham midfielder Sandro is delighted to see his old side doing so well, but is hoping to derail their Premier League title challenge when West Brom visit White Hart Lane on Monday Night Football.

Sandro left Spurs in 2014 after four years at the club, and heads back to White Hart Lane for the first time as they continue their pursuit of Leicester.

"I'm really excited. It's the first time I'll have been there since I left," Sandro told Sky Sports News HQ ahead of Monday Night Football. "I had a good four years there. Now they can win the league so it's been a massive change!

PREMIER LEAGUE- Today
TottenhamvWest Brom
TottenhamvWest Brom
  • Erik Lamela to Score and Tottenham to Win in 90 Mins10/3
Bet now£10 completely free
"Am I surprised by how well they've done this season? Yes, a little bit. It's not just the attackers who are doing well, it's the midfielders, the defenders, the manager.

sandro-west-brom-premier-league_3435387.jpg

Sandro in action for West Brom
"They've improved, you can see they're enjoying their football. I'm happy for them but now I have to try and stop them!

"For sure [I want them to win the league]. But we have to go there and try to stop them and try to win points. It's a special game but I will try to stop them."

Sandro was also full of praise for Tottenham striker Harry Kane, whom he saw rise through the ranks at the club before making his Premier League debut as a substitute for him in 2012.

harry-kane-tottenham-premier-league_3451376.jpg

Harry Kane celebrates after scoring Spurs' opener at Stoke
"Sometimes you have players in the youth team who then don't do very well when they come into the first team," said Sandro. "But Kane could do for the first team what he did for the U21s.

"Everyone was also asking whether he could do for a second year what he did for the first but he's showing he can do it for a long, long time."

Even if Chelsea put their first team out it wouldn't make a difference. You seen what they did to their own manager and fans this season. Why would that bunch actually pitch in for a shift and beat Vardy and Co. They would rather see it go to Leicester than Spurs becuase it makes their mutiny this year fade away. Their fans know it too.

I'm going:

25 04 16 Tottenham West Brom Home Win
01 05 16 Man Utd Leicester Home Win
02 05 16 Chelsea Tottenham Away Win
07 05 16 Leicester Everton Home Win
08 05 16 Tottenham Southampton Home Win
15 05 16 Chelsea Leicester Draw
15 05 16 Newcastle Tottenham Away Win

Goal difference winners.

Im amazed at the change of mood in just a week. Did we expect anything less yesterday other than them scoring 4.
All (including me) are expecting the win tonight-3 points. That brings it back to where we were, 5 points with next week being crucial for both teams. Everton will be better than we are giving them credit, their PL form was due to FAC, thats ended. This could be the game that turns things around. They will start to play, they have players who want to be in France in the summer and must start showing form again. This season so far has been nothing less than superb but its not over yet-is it?

Swansea lost 3-0 to Newcastle the week before. Was it unlikely that the team top of the league might just turn them over. Think we thought they might actually turn up and challenge Leicester. Utd next week at Old Trafford will be a big test.

United are the only team that will give them a test, I think. If we go on the W1 D1 L1 requirement for their final 3 matches, I don't see the defeat coming against Everton or Chelsea.

I'm going:

Goal difference winners.
That I like Oracle Oracle : Its very feasible and doable!

Swansea lost 3-0 to Newcastle the week before. Was it unlikely that the team top of the league might just turn them over. Think we thought they might actually turn up and challenge Leicester. Utd next week at Old Trafford will be a big test.
A big test I hope they fail.

It was never about this weekend. We should fullfill our bit and win tonight and then, next week will be the PL title weekend. Next week could decide where all this going?

A big test I hope they fail.

It was never about this weekend. We should fullfill our bit and win tonight and then, next week will be the PL title weekend. Next week could decide where all this going?

Utd have got a very good chance of making it into the top 4, how weird is that? They will not want to roll over for Leicester whilst they still hold some hope for doing that.

I still believe we need maximum points from all our games. I think Leicester beating a beached Swansea wasn't too much of an unexpected result.

I'm going:

Goal difference winners.
As I have always said-the Oracle is writing the script. We are just a simulated reality and all this is not real. its all created by the sentient machines to subdue the football supporters and Kane is the chosen one to fight against the machines and lead us to victory?

Do not under estimate them . Im glad we are not playing them in the run in. They have some decent players that will start to play now, they are out of the FAC.

Certainly hope so, however they have looked bobbins recently. Martinez couldn't organise a competent defence if he tried.

Utd have got a very good chance of making it into the top 4, how weird is that? They will not want to roll over for Leicester whilst they still hold some hope for doing that.

I still believe we need maximum points from all our games. I think Leicester beating a beached Swansea wasn't too much of an unexpected result.
Utd have shown they want top 4 and the FAc hasn't hindered their progress. Woolwich have done us another (also beating LC) favour by dropping points and giving Utd hope.

Certainly hope so, however they have looked bobbins recently. Martinez couldn't organise a competent defence if he tried.
F A Cup. look how much we improved once we were out of the EL. Everton were putting all into the Cup, now thats gone. Stones.Baines, Barkley, Lukaku, Cleverly, jagielka even Lennon are decent players and will turn up.
JoeClash said earlier that Everton have only lost 3 away all season.

edit: I forgot
Mirallas who could replace Lennon and is very good on his day.

Back
Top Bottom