The Sack Race - REALLY ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unfortunately there is no pressure on Nuno tomorrow as all the attention from every media outlet is on OGS.

Levy can sit comfortably knowing he can save a few more quid for another week as it'll only be Spurs fans that give a shit.

Honest, United could win by a cricket score and Nuno would barely get a mention all week.

This summer we could have had probably the hottest and well proven DOF and manager connection available, Overmars and Ten Hag. The bald arse decided instead to give one job to a greasy pizza salesman who in turn gave the other job to Joe Wilkinson's super-dull brother.

But the question Levy really needs to face up to is this. What if Poch doesn't want to come back in 2 years? Then what?
Shameful if he's really willing to just write off 2 years whilst waiting for his ex to be single again...

It’s infuriating. And a new cycle implies development of talent. Who is Nuno attempting to develop?

Please don’t say Skipp.
What is the point of Nuno I would rather see almost anyone as manager over Nuno and that includes people like Scott Parker who I said no way to a few months ago. My expectations for our next manager have been downgraded massively.

Who will they get in? The circus that led to Nunos appointment was exhausting and embarassing for all parties and that was with months of free time to search. I'd hate to see what happens with it going on just 8 games into the season.
If I was in charge: Someone like Tedesco if I want to go for a young and exciting name. Or I would go for Valverde if I want a more established name. And that's just looking at the free agents.

Unfortunately I wouldn't trust the people running the club to do similar. Lots of better fitting managers made moves over the Summer like Hutter, Inzaghi, Spalletti, Sarri and Glasner, yet the closest we got were Fonseca, Gattuso and Nuno. I get the feeling that if Nuno is sacked it's Ryan Mason for the rest of the season.
On the pod they were saying Mason is going to Charlton. Good move for him if it happens, he's not a PL coach by a long way that's for sure.

As a starting point Nuno has a lot more time, probably until the end of the season imo. Unless we completely fall apart.

The unknown factor, which we have no chance to (potentially) see coming, is if Nuno loses the dressing room. I realise it's such a cliche. But if Hugo and Kane go knocking on Levy's door to say that the squad have stopped taking his training serious and refuse to listen to his tactics, then I do feel the trigger would be pulled.

If I'm being a cynic; if nothing else then because Levy doesn't want to see Kane's value plummet if he has a 3 PL goals season.
Lost the dressing room? I'm not sure he ever found it.

I seriously cannot remember a single player making any comment about him one way or another, where usually you get a load of talk about the new boss and his methods this guy has just been met with apathy.

He's terminally uninspiring.

People have been calling this match ‘El Sackico’ for the last few days. I don’t think Nuno is sacked if he loses this game, and as for Ole, it doesn’t seem like United have anyone concrete lined up right now, but another loss and they’ll have to seriously consider letting him go

Last edited:
Ole won't be sacked till they get a suitable replacement lined up...... If he manages to string some results together in the time it takes to line someone up he may be able to stay in the job longer.

Nuno won't be sacked unless we're relegation threatened or have a run of 5/6 losses and draws.

I don't know how Ole is still in a job. 5-0 loss to their biggest rivals. 4-2 to them last year as well. We beat them 6-1. They've just been smacked by Leicester 4-2. How many more times does his team have to get pumped before they accept he's not good enough?

The patience they've shown him is amazing.
He is Alex Fergusons pet

I would be sounding out Tedesco right now.

Young, exciting, tactical coach that has done well in his 2 decently big jobs already.
Dont know anything about him but i was all for something like Ragnwick as DOF and a young promising coach. Trouble is Levy will lurch into fan appeasing mode as he does when under pressure. He'll want a big or familar name, dont see him going for a non billy big bollocks appointment. That also probably rules out Gallardo sadly. Levy lacks any vision or imagination and as we well know, he knows cock all about football. He'll be thinking Poch, Parker or Rodgers imo and they wont want to come until the season is out(if then)

And then what ? Surely he is just minding the shop until PSG have a bad result and Poch becomes available again.
Then and only then will ENIC either sell or open the moneysafe.
Clearly we are buying everything for 2026 and hoping he will come back by then to manage the players bought by Patrichi.
MEANWHILE they balance the books with NFL and

If this really is the plan then we are the worst run football club in the league. I understand wanting a manager who is not available yet, like City did with Guardiola, but while he was at Bayern they were signing players who fit his style and hired a manager in Pellegrini who plays similar football to Pep. If the long term goal is high pressing, passing football then why is Nuno our manager coaching us to play long ball? Why did we hire a DOF, which Poch never had any interest in working under? Meanwhile West Ham and Leicester continue to build their projects with settled managers while we happily piss seasons down the drain waiting for our saviour who we sacked 2 years ago. ENIC really are insane.

Oh him ! OK but it would be a risk for us and him. Let's say he does ok but not brilliant, we get into the Europa Cup etc, then Poch gets sacked.
My point is that we are drifting because of this. Unless he would get us back into the big league, he would be gone.
WHY WOULD HE WANT TO WORK FOR US ?
Living in London, getting a foot into the Premier League. The money.

People think that we are unattractive option but that is just not true. Premier League clubs will always be able to attract managers even if it is just for the money.

People also assume that we are just waiting for Poch to come back. But if Tedesco hits the ground running and impresses (in a scenario where we get him) he will be allowed to continue.

This idea that no one wants to come here is to me just doom and gloom.

I fail to see the point in starting a new cycle with a manager that will be gone within 7 months at the very latest. What do we do if Poch ,Potter or whoever dont want a DoF and dont rate the signings? As ever our planning makes no sense.
This summer we could have had probably the hottest and well proven DOF and manager connection available, Overmars and Ten Hag. The bald arse decided instead to give one job to a greasy pizza salesman who in turn gave the other job to Joe Wilkinson's super-dull brother.

But the question Levy really needs to face up to is this. What if Poch doesn't want to come back in 2 years? Then what?

Who gives a shit about Manure.

I doubt Levy will sack Nuno without a suitable replacement lined up. Which probably explains why his contract is so short.
I don’t know as he sacked Jose without any suitable replacement and I don’t count Mason!

Back
Top Bottom