The Selected for TV Coverage Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wait....you're being serious? You fly in for games? From NZ? That's fricking awesome. I doff my.cap to you for that dedication....and dat wallet 🤣🤣🤣

Once or twice a season. I watched the first and last game last season at WHL. The mood was somewhat different between the two.

At the Brentford game I got absolutely hammered though owing to getting spanked in the second half. Got kicked out of a black cab about half way to the hotel in Picadilly. My friends bundled me into an uber and I woke up back at WHL.

I have no memory until the next morning and somehow stumbling back to Heathrow. The flight home was one of reflection on my life choices.

I thought the announcement was delayed by another a week so the date would be fixed and no asterisk...

Still nothing on City or Chelsea.
A lot of if, buts and maybes not just with our game Vs Woolwich.

Why not just play the games at the alternative time in the first place, so us as 12.30 Sat. No need for the asterisks 🤷🏻‍♂️

I thought the announcement was delayed by another a week so the date would be fixed and no asterisk...

Still nothing on City or Chelsea.

Well, we'd have to wait longe than a week if that was the case.

The asterisk is because if Woolwich qualify for the semi finals of the CL, they play on the 30th.

I dont know why they just wouldn't make it on the 27th regardless.

That was a Monday night match. The rematch was on a Wednesday night and the replay ended up being on a Saturday. We lost the replay on penalties but the QF against Villa was only four days later on the following Wednesday. A very tired Forest side lost 1-0.
Was at all them Forest games, the snowing one looked worse there on the tv than it did there in the ground as far as i can remember.

Great times, not a problem getting tickets, stand/sit with your pals.
Now you have folk trying to stop you going after many many years of loyalty.

Me and my brother are season ticket holders and couldn’t make the Monday so sold our tickets on the exchange. We can make the Sunday. Piss take.

TV picks are supposed to be confirmed around 6 weeks before the game, so I imagine around the beginning of April. Although sometimes it's less than 6 weeks.
One of my biggest bugbears is the lack of consistency as to when they confirm.
I don’t get as wound up as some by the playing Saturday lunchtime or Monday evening etc if you can plan for it. But FFS, why can’t the PL force the tv companies to confirm a minimum of 6 weeks out.

The NLD (27th April, 3pm as it stands) is absolutely gonna be live on SkySparsenal....
I guess they're just waiting to see when they can shoehorn our Friday night game against Chelsea in, so that they can make sure the NLD is played in the LUNCHTIME slot the next day...

A 12 hour turnaround for our boys should be plenty time to regroup, and nurse any injuries from a bruising encounter the night before!!!

FA Cup weekend. We should be playing City.
Sesame Street Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki

Hahahahahahahaha.

Nice one Johnny just go and cry more about absolutely nothing.
We are too shit for Europe so we get more free time and as a consequence earn less money.

And oh no 4 games in 15 days. How will they cope????
WTF???? That’s fucking normal if you’re in Europe you silly twat.

Maybe we can get a bye into the QF of the champions league to even this shit up??

Clickbait gooner wanker.

:pocheyes::pocheyes::pocheyes::pocheyes:

He knows what is coming to their club at the Lane.

Pain. Lots of it.

I wish some rich Spurs supporters would sue Sky/PL/TFL/National Rail for this chaos.
It's one thing to have to accept that games get moved from their original Saturday slot, and the delay in announcing those changes. But once the slots are confirmed, then they should stay put!
Far too many games are televised anyway, with games being played any night of the week, any time of day at weekends to fit them in.
I was hoping that the over-saturation would end up killing the 'golden goose', but it seems the EPL is more popular than ever, and is shown all around the world.

Back
Top Bottom